The new members introduction thread.

My name is Alex, I live in Los Angeles but originally from Russia.

I mainly come to this place for non biased updates of conflicts around the world which is what you're all good at I noticed

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
My name is Alex, I live in Los Angeles but originally from Russia.

I mainly come to this place for non biased updates of conflicts around the world which is what you're all good at I noticed
Gidday cobber. Welcome aboard. Enjoy your time and here and please take a look at the rules.

samcarter

Hello There All!

Hi,

My name is Sam Carter and I am the Sales Manager at Admin: Text deleted as advertising

Great forum to visit here. I spend all day reading the news!

Please contact Webmaster if you wish to advertise your company

Last edited by a moderator:

CJR

!

G'day. Been lurking here on and off for the last 12 months or so, decided it was time to sign up. Not sure I'll be that active at posting but, well, ya never know.

So, who am I? Dr C. J. R. (that's Dr as in PhD not Dr as in knife wielding maniac with permission to prescribe paracetamol... :lol2), a physical oceanographer from Australia but presently nearing the end of post-doc number two in the US.

Interest in military affairs? Well, had an interest in military history for yonks and that's justly slowly mutated into an interest also in current military affairs, mainly Australian of cause.

Oh, I see there's quite a Kiwi infestation on the forum... almost as bad as Bondi! Wonder how they take sheep jokes?
:hul

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
G'day. Been lurking here on and off for the last 12 months or so, decided it was time to sign up. Not sure I'll be that active at posting but, well, ya never know.

So, who am I? Dr C. J. R. (that's Dr as in PhD not Dr as in knife wielding maniac with permission to prescribe paracetamol... :lol2), a physical oceanographer from Australia but presently nearing the end of post-doc number two in the US.

Interest in military affairs? Well, had an interest in military history for yonks and that's justly slowly mutated into an interest also in current military affairs, mainly Australian of cause.

Oh, I see there's quite a Kiwi infestation on the forum... almost as bad as Bondi! Wonder how they take sheep jokes?
:hul
Gidday cobber, welcome to the forum. Hmm, I would say that forum has an infestation of Aussies actually :haha But you are a scientist in the earth sciences so you must be a good guy :D so we won't hold the fact of you being an Aussie against you :lol2

danonz

Hello

Hi Guys,

Can call me danonz, like reading the allthe forums been on here for a while with out actually posting.

Spent a little bit of time the NZ Army when i was younger, but now all grown up with kids family.

Cheers

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hi Guys,

Can call me danonz, like reading the allthe forums been on here for a while with out actually posting.

Spent a little bit of time the NZ Army when i was younger, but now all grown up with kids family.

Cheers
Gidday cobber. Welcome aboard. Enjoy your time and here and please take a look at the rules.

Naive

Hello Everyone

I've been reading these forums nearly every day this year, especially the New Zealand forums. Although I am young I have a strong interest in Defence, especially aviation. I hope to be a RNZAF pilot when I am older. :)

Cheers

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hello Everyone

I've been reading these forums nearly every day this year, especially the New Zealand forums. Although I am young I have a strong interest in Defence, especially aviation. I hope to be a RNZAF pilot when I am older. :)

Cheers

xinhui

Hi there --

Found this place via Google and looks very professional, figured I should give it a try. Part Guatemalan, interested in geopolitical issues but generally keep my opinion to myself....generally. Know a thing or two about Asian militaries as well. That said, I am mainly here to learn.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hi there --

Found this place via Google and looks very professional, figured I should give it a try. Part Guatemalan, interested in geopolitical issues but generally keep my opinion to myself....generally. Know a thing or two about Asian militaries as well. That said, I am mainly here to learn.
Hi,
Welcome and thanks for joining. :)

OblivionsNexus

Greetings all, Oblivion here I currently live in a tiny town in Arkansas U.S.
I will be honest I am not now nor have I ever been active military. I simply believe in being prepared and that means keeping my ears open to what is going on in the world. I will try my best not to step on any toes, though I've been told it is a talent I possess. Just wanted to go ahead and get the opening greetings out of the way now and share just a bit about myself.

Oblivion out.

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi there --

Welcome to all and Xinhua, I hope to hear from you on your area of interest.

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
Greetings all, Oblivion here I currently live in a tiny town in Arkansas U.S.
I will be honest I am not now nor have I ever been active military. I simply believe in being prepared and that means keeping my ears open to what is going on in the world. I will try my best not to step on any toes, though I've been told it is a talent I possess. Just wanted to go ahead and get the opening greetings out of the way now and share just a bit about myself.

Oblivion out.
Don't worry about toes in the virtual world. Have fun posting.

Archaon

Good morning/afternoon/evening folks, wherever you may be.

I've been a long-time lurker at this site, which I adore for its professionalism, but I've finally decided to sign up and hopefully get involved in some conversations. I don't unfortunately have a background in the military as a result of a medical condition disabling my capacity to serve so I've endeavoured to live vicariously through military research and historical study. To that end my area of expertise, if it could be called that (pretty sure I've read/researched enough to have done a degree, though I never took up the option), lies in operational combat in WWII and the wider scope of that war in general. I'm currently branching out into WWI with some truly fantastic books on the subject, as well as Vietnam which I've always been interested in but disturbed by the lack of general histories (at least here in my native UK). These days I'm also chiefly concerned with geo-politics and how short- and long-term development of the UK armed forces fits into that picture.

Anyway, pleasure to meet you and to be here, many regards.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Good morning/afternoon/evening folks, wherever you may be.

I've been a long-time lurker at this site, which I adore for its professionalism, but I've finally decided to sign up and hopefully get involved in some conversations. I don't unfortunately have a background in the military as a result of a medical condition disabling my capacity to serve so I've endeavoured to live vicariously through military research and historical study. To that end my area of expertise, if it could be called that (pretty sure I've read/researched enough to have done a degree, though I never took up the option), lies in operational combat in WWII and the wider scope of that war in general. I'm currently branching out into WWI with some truly fantastic books on the subject, as well as Vietnam which I've always been interested in but disturbed by the lack of general histories (at least here in my native UK). These days I'm also chiefly concerned with geo-politics and how short- and long-term development of the UK armed forces fits into that picture.

Anyway, pleasure to meet you and to be here, many regards.
G'day Archaon welcome to the forum. We look forward to your input.

Chaldry

Greetings

I have as many others who previously posted about their own doings been a long-time lurker of this page - where I especially have enjoyed the updates from Feanor on the current state of the Russian Armed Forces - ever since I randomly stumbled upon it through a few Google searches on Afghanistan, but I have now finally taken the step to engage in the discussions and sharing of opinions.

My own, albeit rather lacking, experiences with the military comes from volunteering to 8 months of service in a European army, and I have since had an interest in matters regarding international politics, security and the military and everything in between. This fascination only grew through my studies at the local university where I gained a degree in History and am currently finishing my master's in International Relations.

While it appears the vast majority here are military professionals in some shape or form, it seems like the right place for civilians and hobbyist to gain enlightenment on several interesting topics, so thank you for letting me join the club!

Pancake

Hi all,

been reading for a few months now quietly and have decided to post on occaisson. Worked in ADF/Contractor/DMO over many years keen to impart some knowledge.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hi all,

been reading for a few months now quietly and have decided to post on occaisson. Worked in ADF/Contractor/DMO over many years keen to impart some knowledge.
G'day cobber and welcome aboard. We look forward to your participation.