The new members introduction thread.

the_big_m_in_ok

Hi guys, I am from india.I like military technologies, fighter jets and naval vessels with immense fire power and self protection weapons .
Hey, Siakiran,
I'm new, but not new. I have 26 posts, but I've been absent from the site for a couple of years, at least. One or two Members were giving me a hard tme for being an absolute beginner, and I thought they were insensitive.

I'm getting a new job in national defense and I'll be looking at the output from computer number-crunch runs for accuracy after I've been trained. High security clearance, but I, and all others as well, can give anyone their opinion or a rumor (another kind of opinion). I'm not trained yet, anyway, so I don't know much.

Naval engineering will be my starting point in ship design. Your opinion that a ship should have plenty of self-protection meets with my approval. I invented a method of reinforcing ship hulls against high speed missiles decades ago and now "The Authorities" are finally taking notice. The Chinese Dong-Feng 21 is a major reason. Iran has another missile in development as well.

If I find a thread with the appropriate subject, I'll give unclassified details as I'm allowed.

(I really like the asmusing Smilies, especially the ones that are animated. Never saw some of these anywhere before. I imagine smart programmers may take an hour out each day and think these things up on purpose.)

--Lee

Ghost Prime

Newbie to site

Just found the site and decided to join. My interest is in learning survival tactics. Not military though my wife was and oldest Son is active Navy attached to MARSOC. You can think of me as a prepper though the name has begin to carry a negative connotation.

One specific interest is learning tactics for defending an area like a retreat or other remote living area.

Not sure if I can contribute anything to you guys as my skills are primarily related to the business world. Anyway, glad to have found you. Be free.

EHamam

Greetings gents,

I`m a 25 year old Student of Defence and Security studies from Brazil - where most people either don`t give a flying fuck or have no idea what they are talking about when related to such issues.

o/

atsao

Hi, i am new to this forum. In fact this is the first forum that i am in. I have been around reading the many interesting threats and found them very informative. I have served my time doing National Service for my country and was a infantry soldier. Many thanks and hope to enjoy more :)

Exosphere

Hello from New York! I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this site! I'm a long time lurker, but decided to create an account so I could hopefully participate in the discussions.

Schwarzie

Hello everyone,

im a 32year old Lurker from germany and mostly interested in tanks. Found this Forum while searching for Info about the newest version of the T90.

atsao

Hi, i am new to this forum. In fact this is the first forum that i am in. I have been around reading the many interesting threats and found them very informative. I have served my time doing National Service for my country and was a infantry soldier. Many thanks and hope to enjoy more :)
Hi
Just want to say thanks to the mods for the replies n greetings. I have been reading many of the post but couldn't yet contribute any posting as my outdated knowledge and doctrines were from a more than a decade ago.

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello from New York! I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this site! I'm a long time lurker, but decided to create an account so I could hopefully participate in the discussions.
Welcome to DefenceTalk.

Hello everyone,
im a 32year old Lurker from germany and mostly interested in tanks. Found this Forum while searching for Info about the newest version of the T90.
Good to see people from different of countries and cultures joining in for defence related discussions.

Hi
Just want to say thanks to the mods for the replies n greetings. I have been reading many of the post but couldn't yet contribute any posting as my outdated knowledge and doctrines were from a more than a decade ago.
Welcome to the forum, and we hope you will enjoy posting. I look forward to reading your posts when you are ready to share.

The only thing we ask of new comers is to read the Forum Rules (and we do enforce the rules, here).

Cheers.

ASSAIL

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Welcome to Exosphere, Schwarzie and atsao.
Good to have new members from such a wide geographical spread. Enjoy yourselves and take some time to sort the seed from the chaff.
Chris

andrewavilla

Hello everyone. Call me The British Charmer, or British Post. Could you believe I'm 16 and not only going to National Guard, but read the Art of War, is currently reading Roots of Strategy, and watches CNN!? I'm not your typical spoiled brat who stays on myspace all day, me youtube is 99% military. I hope to not only expand me knowledge but make lifelong friends here as well. Thank you for having such a great pleast to get accquainted at.

Hope to talk to you all soon...
I don't think so.

Sharjeel Ashraf

Sharjeel

Hey,
I am Muhammad Sharjeel Ashraf a military enthusiast and a News editor at Pointraiser.com (military portal).

I will be commenting on information some time criticizing you guys and other times informing you about new developments in Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India if they were not already informed.

Thanks,
Sharjeel

rap4asia

Hi I am new

I just found out about this page and would concentrate more onto Asian region, it would a great help if someone could point me into that direction. Thank you so very much! By the way i'm doing less lethal products, feel free to chat with me or drop me an email if there is any enquiry regards to that. Thank you. :D

AbhishekG

Introduction

Hi Everyone!

My name is Abhishek , and I am interested in strategic affairs. I come to this forum with great humility. I am aware that I am quite naive in the subject of defense. That being said, I am still fascinated by new technology in the defense sector and geopolitics. I joined to ask questions and participate in fruitful discussions. I hope to be educated by your expertise and opinions.

Thank you for having me!