The new members introduction thread.

Tico90

Banned Member
Okay, I've probably made some horrible breach of conduct by posting elsewhere before posting here, but I guess I'll introduce myself... :D

Not currently in any military service; I'm just interested in military affairs, and hoping to learn from people who do have experience in military matters, especially with the Navy.

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
hi everyone..just joined. really since the boston bombing i have been keeping up with whats going on in the world with terrorism and other world threats. it has lead me to the military strength of each country as that has led me here. newby on military intellect, so be patient with me. mostly a reader here, but might have a question or two sometimes...thx..:)
No worries, everyone has start somewhere.

Recent transplant from the horrendous Strategypage forum software.

Currently in the USN: DDG, CB90s, anti ship missile programs.
Welcome, we noticed the migration and hope you will like it here. There is a slightly different culture, but same interest in discussions on defence related topics. We are bit more on the serious side, I'm told.

Okay, I've probably made some horrible breach of conduct by posting elsewhere before posting here, but I guess I'll introduce myself... :D

Not currently in any military service; I'm just interested in military affairs, and hoping to learn from people who do have experience in military matters, especially with the Navy.
Not at all, we are glad you decided to join us. I've just put into a video link for you in your prior post, here, hope you don't mind. Just a few more posts and you can put them in yourself. In the mean time, have fun!

Just remember to read the Forum Rules before posting, and newbies to forums may want to read Air Power 101 for New Members (its just 2 pages of basic information to help you get up to speed with some concepts often discussed).

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Welcome to all the new members, please enjoy your stay and invite/tell your friends about DefenceTalk!

Monarch

I'm fairly new here

If been here for a little bit but I'm 15 and from Minnesota but I know a lot about military/defense topics because I have many members who serve in the military along with members who own there own private security companies so it'll be great to talk to all of you!

Marcus5555

Banned Member
Hi everyone.
My name is Marcus and I am 24 years old. I have a strong passion for the military and alot of my family members serve in the military. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi everyone.
My name is Marcus and I am 24 years old. I have a strong passion for the military and alot of my family members serve in the military. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Nice one Dragoon95. You think we don't check out new members?

lohi

Greetings folks,

Longtime enthusiast of military hardware and history, self proclaimed reincarnation of at least 4 but probably more great military leaders troughout history and last but not least a lurker making the final step from internet anonimity.

Nice to be here :)

nkvd

Hi guys,let me introduce myself-big fan of history,live in uk,been reading forum on and off for years and Feanor ,your periodic updates on VVS and UAC are much appreciated so carry on dude

fortion

hi everyone . i am a new member to this forum . i am 18 and a defence enthusiast . my father was in the army though i myself am not connected to army in any way . however i am a big gun enthusiast and joined this forum to find others like myself :)

RobWilliams

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum mate, hope you enjoy it here.

Here's the rules, have a read through them and understand them etc so you get a feel for the way we do things around here

www.defencetalk.com/forums/rules.php

As an example, your update on the Indian submarine situation - while appreciated - does violate the rule about posting one liners, a bit more commentary would be appreciated bud.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to defence talk guys, make sure you mind the rules. NKVD I'll try to keep posting any major news, and events. Feel free to participate in the discussion.

CavScout

Current serving Australian Army, came here after reading about it on another forum - looking to keep abreast of global defence issues as well as network with like minded people.

Shanesworld

Hope this is the right way to go about it.

Hi There,

My name is Shane and currently a reservist with NZ Army. Was for the briefest time full time before leaving (injury....I was broken) went into the corporate world, risk management and fraud analysis. Worked in UK and a few other places before returning home and worked in a govt role.
Now in last year of an engineering degree ( Weird choice to turn to I know but something I wanted instead of finding myself in.).

(that felt like I was at an AA meeting.)

I have lurked around here for years and had a registration but didnt seem to want to work for the last year or so. So hope this is OK.

Cheers

Saikiran reddy

Hi guys, I am from india.I like military technologies, fighter jets and naval vessels with immense fire power and self protection weapons .