The new members introduction thread.

Misguided Fool

Hi, i'm 16 and an Indian national currently residing in the United Kingdom. My interest in the military stems from my father's profession (he spent 16 of his 25 years in the navy commanding / xoing various different ships) and the resultant brainwashing i received as a child :p:.

I found defencetalk while googling some military topic when i was bored. Naturally i am highly interested in issues specific to india and the many "friends" that it's surrounded with, but i'm also an enthusiast of scientific research leading to the development of futuristic weapons. As any gamergeek i look forward to the day of shooting a plasma rifle :D.

My political beliefs are staunchly humanist, but i'm also a firm believer in capitalism and its benefits - i think that the idea of a military is morally reprehensible, as it's an organization created spefically for the mass murder of other humans, yet i'm highly interested in the military :shudder. If you ever find yourself in a discussion with me, you'll find that i end up contradicting myself a lot :rolleyes:

I've been reading through this site for a few months and never bothered to sign up. I've now taken the plunge and am hoping for warm water:)

Looking forward to learning from knowledgeable persons like eckherl and waylander, changing my viewpoints after reading through what that australian dude with a numerical name and an aussie kangaroo flag said, and ofcourse spreading confusion :D

Marsh Again

Hi,
I am 54, from the UK. I have written a number of books on armoured vehicles and have contributed to several Jane's publications and numerous other professional journals which cover defence issues.
I look forward to being a member of this site.

cheers
Marsh

FunkyBearz

Hi everyone !
I'm new here. Read this forum for a long time now, and today I've a question, so first I introduce myself :)

I'm french so excuse my english which should be not that bad (at least I hope it will be understandable :D).

I'm training to be a fighter pilot in the french navy. I already success a part of the tests, and I'm waiting for the next steps.

Thank's to the admin for their forum and see you soon online ! I'm running myself a military forum too, in french thought, about the French Navy.

Cheers.

jccalvin

Hi:

Happy to join the forum. I do research at the U.S. National Archives and the Library of Congress focusing on the European Theater during WWII. I have a web site www.wwii-photos-maps.com where I display my collection of military archival maps, aerial photographs, and standard photographs--over
3,000 and growing daily.

If you have any questions regarding my web site or research at these
organizations feel free to email me.

John

P.S. the following information is provided to make it easier to verify my status as a veteran:

RA10893788
RVN December 1967 - December 1969
525th MI Grp
(supposedly 149th MAG, JTAD 25) :)

ARI78

Hi everyone!
I am 30 from Israel. I've served aboard the glorious INS Komemiyut Saar 4 class missile ship in the Israeli navy as a fire control and weapons post commander.
My main interests are basically everything to do with Naval and Air Force platforms and strategies.
Hope to enjoy the forums and promise to play nice! :D

Cheers!

donnage99

hi, my name is Don, 20 yrs old, living around Atlanta area My interest is music, art, military aviation.

Hope I'll learn many things here. Thank you!

malayphil

Banned Member
I'm new here!!

Admin: Text deleted. Please read the Forum Rules prior to coming back. This kind of commentary is unacceptable.

Post Reported by Forum Member

Last edited by a moderator:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Malayphil never mind your (borderline lunacy) political views, but please try to write in a mature and serious manner. I can tell you're new here. I strongly encourage you to look at the posting style of others members here before diving in yourself. This forum is geared towards serious discussion, not asinine comments.

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi all,

Just an enthusiast here from Melbourne, Australia. I'm primarily interested (borderline obsessed) with military aviation and only just starting to get an understanding of the big picture behind air combat. Hope this understanding improves from my stay here. :)

Cheers

Josef

Banned Member
I don't need introductions i juz want to read and share what i know.

I only know little about weapons and military hardware but i wish to learn more,please consider me defence gods.

I only know how some people repaint and repair old fighter jets.

Please do not ban me.

Admin. After discussion with Web and the other Mods it was decided to place a temp ban. This is to allow you to read the Forum Rules properly, and to read through the Forums and understand what the expectations are on posting standards.

You are quite welcome to post once the period has expired - but it is important that you do take the advice and absorb the rules about what is expected in here.

Last edited by a moderator:

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
To all, welcome to the Forums and enjoy your time on here. Please take time out to read the Forum Rules.

gf

cpt007

Banned Member
Hello

Hi All:

This is cpt007 I have been following def talk for atleast 8 years but I am joining only know.Looking forward to share and learn.

MrFirst

I remember you from somewhere. Привет. Were you on WAB?
You're right, I was on WAB. I remember you too.
But I'm tired of their moderator, he has become too importunate.

Здесь тоже банят за все подряд? :confused:

Napwnleon

Hey hey hey,

This looks like a cool forum. I'm a strategy and defense enthusiast. I live in Brooklyn, NY currently but grew up in SW Ohio. I like to think I have a Machiavellian state of mind. I enjoy researching and discussing defense history as much as I do modern tactics. I'm going to peruse the threads around here until I feel comfortable posting but I'm sure I'll be a good fit for the forum. I could talk defense for days and hopefully will do so here. :D

"In war there is but one favorable moment; the great art is to seize it!"