The new members introduction thread.

Tony Williams

Verified Defense Pro
Greetings all, another Brit has joined up.

My special interest is in ammunition (mainly small arms and automatic cannon), which I collect, research, and write about. I won't say any more about that because you can see it on my website if you're interested: http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/ where there's also a lot of data and articles about military guns and ammunition.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
welcome to defencetalk everyone and thank you for posting. please tell your friends as well.

Thanks and enjoy!

dipgroy

Namaskar (In Indian tradition ) or Hi to all

well am Dipgroy or simply RoY:) from India.... a technical student and Peace lover.... but still a defence enthusiastic cause I belive the key development to the mankind brought through the defence research.... starts from the discovery of fire. As a subject of science and mordern world am also a part of the fate that the world holds now. Like to do thousand things to find a way to left a trail of creativity....... The development on the defence science catch my eyes most as I know sooner or later it will turn from TACTICAL to PRACTICAL . And my Personal opinion there will be no bloodshade in upcoming days as the war will be conducted then through exchanging "o" and "1"..... and it already started.....

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Greetings all, another Brit has joined up.

My special interest is in ammunition (mainly small arms and automatic cannon), which I collect, research, and write about. I won't say any more about that because you can see it on my website if you're interested: http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/ where there's also a lot of data and articles about military guns and ammunition.
Welcome aboard sir, I do on occasion browse through your site, excellant material if I may add.

shadowcat1313

New to the Boards

Hello Everyone, I am a military history hobbyist, along with a tabletop and RPG gamer, I have done writing and playtesting for a couple of companies along the way, and one of my specialties is taking real or fictional vehicles etc and writing them up for various games.

I am from Normal, Illinois... yes there really is a town called normal, but it isnt normal

Hi guys

Hi everyone,

Been reading through this forum for quite a while really enjoy it (missus hates it by the way - I better do the vacuuming before she gets home...). Really perceptive and expert people here so I am learning alot - I am not an expert by the way. I was a Army minion for a brief period... very brief but loved it. Fighting the urge to go back but the pay cut is a significant decider as it the possible poisoning from the missus (she aint keen). Anyway plenty of questions but sorry not much in the way of answers is what I offer.

Cheers for such a well organised and informative website.

Anyway

Cheers
Shane

ggk

hi all

im 30

lives in Kuala Lumpur as an architect
i mainly love collecting military pictures....so here i am.

i usually dont discuss much but, i would like to share my take on certain subject.

cheers all.

Mr Ignorant

I am Mr Ignorant. I offer Ignorant views. I don't hope to make friends but to correct my Ignorance from time to time on this forum. Also, could someone please bust me down to Private ?!!! 2nd request already, and I have risen to Corporal.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Just stumble in afther several posting, My name's Ananda and only another defence enthusiast, Indonesia by nation, Finance Industry by profession. Hope to learn more on what's new in defence related issue.

woodsrunner

Just signed aboard. Retired U.S.Navy, semi retired forester/wildlife manager. Intend to run in passive mode picking up new information and opinions. Will be known as "woodsrunner".

Territorian

G'day, I'm living in SA for the moment, but I originally come from a small town in the Northern Territory. Mum's a mixed-race, predominantly hispanic, yank, and dad's German/Irish/Welsh-Australian from a family that's been here since the first days of the country.
I'm currently seeking to enter the ADF as a Commando, and ultimately, become an operator in the SAS.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome everyone.

Woodsrunner I noticed you're an ex-military. Please contact me or one of the other moderators in private so we can confirm your info. and give you the Defense Professional tag by your name. Thanks.

Mr Ignorant the forum ranks are completely pointless, and are linked to your postcount. They're there for fun. On this forum you are judged by the value of your contributions to discussion, not by your post count. :)

Everyone enjoy your stay and please do read the rules.

snake eater

Hi! I am Snake Eater. I'm not a military professional, but I covered military conflicts in Chechnya, Ingushetiya and Daghestan as a journalist.
Not surprising that my special point of interest is Caucasia.
Hope to make friends here

Humanoid

Hello all,

I am one of the few 16 year olds that I know interested in issues regarding defence on anything from the local, to global scale, my speciality is contingency plans for the repelling, and counterstriking of an invading force.

There are few scenarios that I can't think a way out of in a fairly short amount of time; I will be one of the USAF's own in a short two years and counting.

Looking forward to some intelligent discussions here.

Cheers on the site, it's one of the best organized, moderated, and varied sites I have visited. Looking forward to learning from professionals and hopefully expanding my rudimentary strategic abilities.

-Humanoid(Dan):)

AdvanXer

Hello, 24 year old military enthusiast from the USA.

Been lurking around for couple of days and decided to jump in. See you in one of the threads. :)

xudeen

Dropping in to say hi from Singapore. :)

I had 2.5 years of military service in a scout platoon of an armor battalion. Now waiting for my reservist commitment to end in a years time. Yeah :nutkick

See U guys around. :)