Member Intros - Everyone please reply here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozoo

Hi everyone, I'm a 53 year old lawyer from Tønsberg, Norway. I have collected models in the H0 scale for 45 years, centering around the idea of creating a viable, miniature society. Every state needs to defend it self and out of this has grown a passion for creating a functioning defense system in the H0 scale (1:87). This entails an avid interest in every aspect of military defense, ranging from weapon systems to logistics, from combat deployment tactics to strategic deliberations, from intelligence to field medicine, all necessary to be able to field a functioning defense system for the H0 state of Midtguardia.

I currently deploy more than 2.500 vehicles and more than 150 aircraft, mostly helicopters, in an imaginary, although as scale models actually existing, military organization that would consist of nearly 16.000 troops, plasing the Midtguardian Defense System firmly in the lower echelons of 2. tier military defense organizations.

Many of the same problems apply for Midtguardia in the H0 scale as it does for real countries, especially the availability of weapon systems and the scarcity of funds, which makes for hard decisions.

Military Talk has already proved an invaluable source of information rendering new insights and assisting in the continuing development of the MDS, the discussion on Ground Based Air Defense vs. fighter squadrons for small countries especially pertinent as Air Defense is currently a major shortcoming.

I hope to learn a lot more, and possibly also, in time, to get some feedback on my Order of Battle.

If this catches your imagination, I would love to hear from you.

Dag Sverre

Teindva

Tml, Nonmum, Rockly, Raafmate and Bozoo. Welcome an Good Evening. I hope you will enjoy your time with us. Mr.Sabre, most welcome to see you as an experienced friend here.
Mr.Bozoo, if you have these logistics and have dedicated and devoted men of your choice then you can fight with the forces of any big power. Logistics must be upto the mark and best provided but being less might have some alternative and likely the number of men but their being keen to the task and being contended is a must to win or fight a battle as desired. Without resolution to the goal an army is just like a herd that only consumes. Never conclude the result of a battle from the number of weapons.

Bozoo

Greetings Teindva. Peshawar, that is the bordertown in the mountains north of Islamabad, is it not?

Logistics is a major concern for me. I am trying to work out the amount of supplies that need to be moved to keep my forces with ammo, POL, food, water, clothing and spare parts and how to organize it, but it is a difficult task. Currently I have solved this by deploying integral transportunits to the main manouver units such as the armoured brigade and the motorised infantry brigade (both slightly smaller than the usual brigade strength) as well to some special units with a high demand for transport such as artillery batteries or units where the existence of supplies are paramount for theater operations, such as mobile, foreward helicopter support points, as well as deploying a divisional transport battalion.

Unfortunately, I dont have enough trucks as far as I can see, and, even though procurement is high on my shopping list, there are a number of demands that have equal or higher priority.

Operationally, the transport resources integral to units like an artillery battery, would venture back from their deployed positions to rear area supply dumps to pick up ammo when necessary and return with a full load. This approach creates two problems.

First of all it does not use avaliable transport resources efficiantly, as the trucks of these units will remain idle most of the time, while the transport battalions resources are stretched to the limit, and, presumebly also past these. Even so, I have chosen this appproach to ensure necessary supplies to units of paramount importance for the overall war effort. It also negates some of the navigation problems caused by the "fog of war" that ensues when general transport resources are trying to find their customers on the battlefield.

The fact that I probably have a major shortage of transport resources avaliable creates a problem that is somewhat contrary to this, namely the problem of a superior officer in dire need "high-jacking" a transport convoi for his own needs.

Even though the trucks are equipped with tactical radios and some even connected to the Ptarmigan mobile trunk node communication system, it is taken into consideration that radio communication will be scetchy or even impossible, partly due to the bands beeing clogged by traffic and partly due to enemy jamming. The system must therefore be able to deliver essential supplies to critcal units even if denied radio communication.

I find that integral transport units under direct command of the combat unit best ensures the flow of supply to the individual combat unit under combat conditions. I am, on the other hand, not sure whether this system will survive the test of combat, both from other units or even from high command (which, in this case would be me).

Any comments would be appreciated

Dag Sverre

Teindva

Yes Bozoo Peshawar is there including me.
Your logistics must be best for the forward most men and they should not run out of resources. If you have shortage of vehicles for the line of defence being far and covered with war difficulties. Then there are two options, either obtain vehicles provided in the area by force or expances or if that is not possible draw your line of defence nearer somewhat retreating from the front line. Do not retreat totally and just leave there a small force to act as a first encountering body which will also help you to have the might of the offensive of the enemy. If that forward small force did its duty well may keep the enemy checked without a big loss. Keep the best men in.

Lockey

Hi

Hello, i'm Lockey. Im 18 and going to study War and Strategy at University. I have always been interested in Warfare and Strategy.

Teindva

Welcome Lockey in this forum. Hope your time be well. I have studied History and war is the part of it as it little contains talk of love and affection. Be happy with us.

Teindva

Welcome Mr.pramodkumarca, it is interesting to have your say of own to be an expert. Kindly tell us some details about how the war on terrorism is continued and the causes of the terror acts and the defence measures taken against them. The operation system of the terrorists and the counter-terrorism operations which are carried out against them by the security forces of the world. Every one is eager to know about the facts in the present era. How do these people make access to any place throughout the world? Kindly give a brief talk on that?

AlphaTeam

Hey

Hey my name is Christopher Admin: Text deleted. Christopher - it's not wise to use your full name on the internet im 15 and i live near Gympie Aus,Qld, Im hoping to join the ADF when i leave school as a General Service Officer in the Army , cant wait :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Teindva

Most welcome Alpha team and Imderenegede, we are happy to see you here. You are like kids here, happy to see you learning.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Wecome to all the new members, enjoy your time on here and we look forward to your contributions.

Don't forget to have a read of the Forum Rules before posting!

gf

Durendal

Banned Member
Hi i'm Durendal 30 years old from the Netherlands.
An armchair general and lover of history.
I like to keep up with what is going on in the defense field in general.
I've been a member for awhile but not very active.

There are so many resources these days you can use to get defense information.

This is another one :) i hope to debate with people who have a reasonable understanding of military equipment and tactics.
Because this is actually quite rare on most forums and websites that deal with defense matters.
Most are usualy filled with hormone driven teenagers ;) who couldn't tell you the difference between a Sturmgewehr 90 and a SIG 550.

black shark

Hi, joined today. Very interesting forum discussions. I have never served but have always wanted to and remain interested in security affairs and the technology used in the work of defence!

John Sansom

Hi and welcome, Durendal and Black Shark. Boy, I wish I was a hormone-driven teenager again. Wait a minute, That was the time when I was dragging a Bren gun around in less than friendly circumstances. A little re-thinking is in order. Good to see you.

Durendal

Banned Member
Hi and welcome, Durendal and Black Shark. Boy, I wish I was a hormone-driven teenager again. Wait a minute, That was the time when I was dragging a Bren gun around in less than friendly circumstances. A little re-thinking is in order. Good to see you.
Yes it does sound kind of disrespectful since the average age of soldiers in most major conflicts of the past (and possible the present) tended to be around 19 years of age.
They can certainly fight it's just that sometimes there overall knowledge can be lacking a bit here and there. ;)
Thanks for the welcome John.

Rhiannon

Hey, Im Rhiannon and yeah, dont put a lot of thought in a nickname lol Just joined this site, was looking up the Top 100 Military Sites, looked at a few sites and joined this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.