Mars Missions

Ananda

The Bunker Group

From NASA sites on perseverance experiment on converting oxygen from Mars heavy Carbon dioxide atmosphere. This at least be prove of concept how to provide breathable air supply for Astronauts or even Collonist in the future. Also fuel for rocket back to earth, or to upper atmosphere.

There's some concepts on using alternative propulsions (rather then present chemical ones as in current rocket tech).This in theory will shorten the time to reach Mars. However those vessels can only go from Earth upper atmosphere to Mars ones. The transport down to Mars will still using conventional rocket engines.

If the colony can be established in Mars, they'll need to create their own fuel. This prove of concept is first move toward that. At least this's what NASA claim.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group

From NASA sites on perseverance experiment on converting oxygen from Mars heavy Carbon dioxide atmosphere. This at least be prove of concept how to provide breathable air supply for Astronauts or even Collonist in the future. Also fuel for rocket back to earth, or to upper atmosphere.

There's some concepts on using alternative propulsions (rather then present chemical ones as in current rocket tech).This in theory will shorten the time to reach Mars. However those vessels can only go from Earth upper atmosphere to Mars ones. The transport down to Mars will still using conventional rocket engines.

If the colony can be established in Mars, they'll need to create their own fuel. This prove of concept is first move toward that. At least this's what NASA claim.
Oxygen is only half the requirement, a suitable fuel is needed so hopefully a source for hydrogen or methane can be found.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Agree, they still has to find another method to get full independent fuel facilities in Mars. That's why it is first step of prove of concept on fuel production in Mars.

Found Video that in my opinion quite informative and simple on providing explanation why alternative propulsions needed for space vessels from Earth to Mars.

That way the fuel needed to produce in Mars will be much less, then if the interplanetary vessels also still use chemical propulsion. They only need to produce enough fuel for shuttle to Atmosphere.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Hi @IPCR_quad welcome to Forum. I'm not moderator, but if you read forum rules, there's rules that discouraged one liner. Mods in this forum expect more engagement on healthy discussion.

However as I see your posts so far seems more on photos of Chinese assets. Then I suggest to put it not in regular threads, but make thread in Photo and Video sections. In there it's more acceptable to just post photos and videos, less expectations on making discussion there.

IPCR_quad

Hi @IPCR_quad welcome to Forum. I'm not moderator, but if you read forum rules, there's rules that discouraged one liner. Mods in this forum expect more engagement on healthy discussion.

However as I see your posts so far seems more on photos of Chinese assets. Then I suggest to put it not in regular threads, but make thread in Photo and Video sections. In there it's more acceptable to just post photos and videos, less expectations on making discussion there.
Thanks for the heads up. The reason I posted it in this thread is because this is the thread for Mars missions, which my post is relevant to.

Last edited:

bearnard19

Lets talk about the 5th flight that happened on 7 May. It’s an important event because it’s a one-way flight: the drone landed in a completely new location that means starting the new phase of the drone mission.

Ananda

The Bunker Group

China Rover made succesfull landing in Mars. Makes China first attempt to operate land vehicle in surface of Mars. We can see how the reliability of their Rover on Mars environment will be.

bearnard19

From NationalGeographic.com:
"China is all set to attempt its first landing on another planet. After months in orbit around Mars, the Tianwen-1 spacecraft will deposit a rover called Zhurong on the surface of Mars. If successful, China will become the second country in history to explore the Martian surface with a rover."

Sandhi Yudha

China Rover made succesfull landing in Mars. Makes China first attempt to operate land vehicle in surface of Mars. We can see how the reliability of their Rover on Mars environment will be.
|"....making China the second space-faring nation after the United States to land on the Red Planet."|

Mars 3 landed in 1971, Viking 1 in 1975.
That means china is the third space-faring nation after the Soviet-Union and the United States to land on Mars.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
That means china is the third space-faring nation after the Soviet-Union and the United States to land on Mars.
If not mistaken, the Sovyet rover manage to land. However lost communication contact with the controler. Thus it didn't become operational. If this Chinese Rover manage to be operational as plan, then it became the first Rover outside NASA ones that can work in Mars.

So you're right that China is the third nation that land in Mars. Perhaps the article context is for second nation that have operational rover in Mars.

Ananda

The Bunker Group

Chinese Zhurong Rover rolling down the ramp, and operating on Mars Soil. Thus officialy China become the 2nd nation that has operational Rover in Mars.

bearnard19

Tianwen missions aim to explore Mars's internal structure, geology, and of course search for the signs of life. Zhurong rover is a part of this mission that aims to study the topology, analyze soil, atmosphere, and survey minerals, rocks, and other elements it'll find. Zhurong has several instruments, such as a climate station, ground-penetrating radar, magnetic field detector, and several cameras.