Indonesia: 'green water navy'

Ananda

Off course it still could nothing will come out, after all PAL and Naval Group already sign MoU, but no project come out from that yet.
Still, I suspect the way Japan try to offer cooperation not on their existing platform or products. Japan knows their own JMSDF standard are high end products, that perhaps will be difficult to be absorb by most export market.

Thus seems they went to PAL, see what PAL capabilities and build from that. In such they're seems more offering on technology co-op. Just like the way they build cars in ASEAN market, see what market can absorb, what local market industry based capabilities, and work from that.

Stampede

If not mistaken, the medical facilities in KRI Teluk Ende is not build in permanently. It's more on mobile unit. While such as KRI Dr Soeharso build with more permanent Medical Units, even tough in the beginning it's also build as LPD.

If we see the superstructure of Dr Soeharso, it's different from other LPD in Makasar Class even the ones that build in ROK as Dr Soeharso did.
Seems this shown during construction this LPD than come to redesign phase to become more dedicated medical ships.
While Teluk Ended still from beginning retain capabilities of regular Tacoma Class LST.
What ever these vessels are called they are a welcome addition to the Indonesian fleet. All up the navy will eventually have some 7 LPD's of various designs with some having additional integrated medical facilities. A practical class of ship for a large nation of so many Islands.
Practical ships for a Navy on a budget.

Regards S

Ananda

PT. PAL already prepared four design based on this LPD. Smaller ones with 100m, this 123m used by both Indonesia and Philippines Navy. 144m ones, and 163m that they are offer to Malaysia.

Quite interesting so far TNI-AL it self has not publicly order larger variance. PAL it self already said in Media that there will be next LPD project for TNI-AL after this hospital ship version. Will see if it's from the larger variance design.

Sandhi Yudha

What ever these vessels are called they are a welcome addition to the Indonesian fleet. All up the navy will eventually have some 7 LPD's of various designs with some having additional integrated medical facilities. A practical class of ship for a large nation of so many Islands.
Practical ships for a Navy on a budget.

Regards S
Some years ago it was announced that the ships after KRI Semarang 594 would be equipped with advanced CMS and heavier armed, but i can not believe that PAL will install these items in the hospital ships.
So i expect these plans are all canceled.

Sandhi Yudha

On satellite photos (taken from the Lembaga Kajian Pertahanan Strategis page) of the Tanjung Priok shipyard of
PT Dok & Perkapalan Kodja Bahari, we can see KRI Teluk Kendari 518 (TKD) and KRI Teluk Kupang 519 (TKP) under construction.

KRI Teluk Kendari was already launched in 2014 and KRI Teluk Kupang in 2016.

I dont know why these ships are still not finished. Did the government not pay the bills, or are there problems with the construction at PT Dok & Perkapalan Kodja Bahari?

From which i understand these ships are from the second subclass, the 117 meter long variant. The first variant is around 120 m long, like first of class KRI Teluk Bintuni.

But once again 4-6 years after launch still not finished, thats ridiculously long. The much larger and more sophisticated LPDs from PAL are commissioned in less than one year after launch.

Attachments