The Land-Based Air Defence Systems Report
Since the early 1990s, military air defence systems and programs have transitioned from a Cold War mindset to focusing on a completely different future enemy, one that launches terrorist attacks or military strikes in the form of cruise missiles, UAVs and aircraft used as weapons. The technology behind these systems, as well as the systems themselves, are therefore having to change to meet the demands of 21st century warfare and national defence strategies.
Today there is a significant bipolarisation within the air defence systems market. Generally, the emphasis is on either cost-effective Short Range Air Defence (SHORAD) and Very Short Range Air Defence (VSHORAD) systems, intended to aid in the defence of the lightly armoured, mobile forces now widely favoured for use in low-intensity warfare, or the almost prohibitively expensive Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) programmes, which are systems intended for either national defence or for the protection of strategic assets against ballistic missile attack.
Publication date: May 2007
Pages: 240 pages
Product code: ASDR-1
What questions does the report answer?
- What factors are attributable to the dynamic growth in the land-based air defence systems market?
- What are the key drivers of land-based air defence system development and implementation?
- How is the land-based air defence system market likely to grow in the next decade?
- What are the major trends in this fast-changing industry?
- Who are the main companies involved in the manufacturing of land-based air defence systems?
- Where are the greatest opportunities for investment to be found in this market?
Why should you buy the report?
This new visiongain report:
- Analyses the land-based air defence systems markets in 71 countries
- Identifies where the major industry players, including Lockheed Martin, MBDA, Raytheon and Thales, are investing
- Provides an inventory of the major systems available or in development (including contract information)
- Profiles the most significant manufacturers involved in this fast-changing industry
- Forecasts the potential opportunities (and possible pitfalls) in the market