Iraqi Soldiers from 3rd Battalion, 39th Brigade, 10th Iraqi Army Division, completed the 30-day training course, where they learned traditional infantry tactics, techniques and procedures. The training was capped off with a two-day, company-level field training exercise.
U.S. forces provided over-watch for the training and live at a camp near the training site. This is the first unit to complete the training since B Company, 1st Battalion, 12th Cavalry Regiment, attached to 2nd Battalion, 82nd Field Artillery Regiment, 3rd Advise and Assist Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division, arrived at Contingency Operating Base Adder.
“I am privileged and honored to work alongside such a professional and competent Army. To see another Iraqi Army Battalion graduate from this high quality training should strike fear into the enemies of Iraq,” said Lt. Col. Robert Wright, commander of 2nd Bn., 82nd FA Regt.
Everything from platoon and company level battle drills, a live-fire exercise with mortars and classes on weapons maintenance are covered during the training.
The increasing desert temperatures make life more difficult for everyone involved in training. Iraqi troops proved that it will take more than adverse conditions to stop them from becoming an elite unit.
Leaders that work in and around Tadreeb al-Shamil said that they felt they were helping to improve the combat readiness of Iraqi Security Forces.
“I believe that my Soldiers are truly making a difference helping to train the Iraqi Army. After graduation, they were much more competent and cohesive and were eager to apply what they learned during training,” said Capt. Brian Herzog, commander, B Co. “That really motivated my guys and made them realize how much of an impact they made on the Iraqi soldiers.”
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Fire-control protocol - the Buk-M1 air defense complex
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- The Indonesian Army