The transfer ceremony of another batch of the serial Su-34 front-line bombers to the Russian Air Force was held today at the Novosibirsk branch of the Sukhoi Company — V.P. Chkalov Novosibirsk aircraft plant (NAZ).
The aircraft took off and headed to the place of their deployment. Several Su-34s of the 2013 State Defense Order have already been transferred to the military in May and July this year and are already in service.
Implementation of the 2013 State Defense Order at the Novosibirsk aircraft plant is in full swing. The company’s management noted a high degree of readiness of aircraft, which is the guarantee of a full and timely implementation of the Order.
The government contracts signed with the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation in 2008 and 2010 for the supply of Su-34 have created the conditions for a stable work load of the plant and its partner enterprises in the long run. Those were the largest contracts for the combat aircraft supplies under the State Armaments Program for the years 2011 — 2020.
Implementation of those contracts will facilitate in the nearest future a largely replacement of the Su-24 frontline bombers currently in service.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:russian air force news
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Stealth Aircraft Operation
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Brazilian A-1 Modernization
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- F-35 - International Participation
- Chinese 'air defence identification zone' in East China Sea
- Potential of international arbitration to change Timor Sea Treaty
- Movies with good Jet Air Combat?
- Role of rifle fire/heavier small arms/other weapons
- M16 vs AK-47?
- Should the 5.56 be replaced?
- Skunk Works unveil SR-72 concept