Defence and security company Saab has received an order for weapon locating system ARTHUR. The order amount is MSEK 200.
“We are delighted to have received this important order and it further proves Saab’s position as one of the world’s premier suppliers of solutions for surveillance, threat detection and location, and force protection”, says Micael Johansson, Senior Vice President and Head of Saab’s business area Electronic Defence Systems.
ARTHUR is a stand-alone, C-band medium-range weapon-locating system that detects and locates enemy fire. It utilises a passive phased-array antenna technology for optimised battlefield performance. The technology provides the perfect balance between mobility, range, accuracy, ECCM (Electronic counter-countermeasures), operational availability and operational cost.
The ARTHUR system is widely used by demanding customers around the world. Examples of customers are Czech Republic, Denmark, Greece, Norway, Spain, Sweden and UK. More than 60 ARTHUR units have been sold and their availability is well proven from thousands of hours’ operation.
The system is developed and manufactured by Saab in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The industry’s nature is such that depending on circumstances concerning the product and customer, further information regarding the order will not be announced.
The order was received on December 31, 2010 and it will subsequently be booked in the fourth quarter of 2010.
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions ranging from military defence to civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents and constantly develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- RMAF Future; need opinions
- [ List of "Active" Military Aircraft ] All Nations
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Assad's strategic options
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- UAV for Meteorological duty.
- US Navy News and updates
- World Air force directory