Defence and security company Saab has received an order for weapon locating system ARTHUR. The order amount is MSEK 200.
“We are delighted to have received this important order and it further proves Saab’s position as one of the world’s premier suppliers of solutions for surveillance, threat detection and location, and force protection”, says Micael Johansson, Senior Vice President and Head of Saab’s business area Electronic Defence Systems.
ARTHUR is a stand-alone, C-band medium-range weapon-locating system that detects and locates enemy fire. It utilises a passive phased-array antenna technology for optimised battlefield performance. The technology provides the perfect balance between mobility, range, accuracy, ECCM (Electronic counter-countermeasures), operational availability and operational cost.
The ARTHUR system is widely used by demanding customers around the world. Examples of customers are Czech Republic, Denmark, Greece, Norway, Spain, Sweden and UK. More than 60 ARTHUR units have been sold and their availability is well proven from thousands of hours’ operation.
The system is developed and manufactured by Saab in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The industry’s nature is such that depending on circumstances concerning the product and customer, further information regarding the order will not be announced.
The order was received on December 31, 2010 and it will subsequently be booked in the fourth quarter of 2010.
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions ranging from military defence to civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents and constantly develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Go Bag - contents and rationale
- Air Power Australia and Low-Observability
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Regional implications of PKK's truce with Turkey
- The Indonesian Army
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Pakistan Air Force [PAF] News and Discussions
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Indonesian Aero News