Under the terms of the contract, Northrop Grumman will begin supplying equipment to the Royal Thai Air Force in 2015. The company will also provide training, spares and logistics support.
“With this award, we continue our 25 years of support of the Royal Thai Air Force and the national security infrastructure of Thailand,” said Robert Royer, vice president of Northrop Grumman’s International Systems business unit. “Highly mobile and proven in a wide range of environmental conditions, the AN/TPS-78 will give the Royal Thai Air Force a powerful new capability for monitoring its national airspace.”
The Northrop Grumman AN/TPS-78 is among the latest generation of highly mobile, state-of-the-art radars made possible by advances in high power transistor technology and designed to operate in some of the harshest, most demanding environments. The radar has proven particularly adept at detecting small targets in areas of difficult land and sea clutter, making it well suited for use in mountainous and coastal regions.
The S-Band, long-range AN/TPS-78 is in use with the U.S. Air Force and a variety of customers worldwide. To date, AN/TPS-78 systems have logged more than 1 million operating hours.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Arms Race in Space
- F-35 - International Participation
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Possible Singaporean Aircraft Carrier
- French Armée de l'Air News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Indonesian Aero News