An aviation regiment equipped with the latest generation of Russian fighter jets is currently being formed in Siberia’s Baikal region.
The regiment will be the first in Russia to receive the 4++ generation aircraft.
The Su-30SM is the latest development of the twin-seat Su-30 jet fighter family, itself a derivative of the long-serving single-seat Sukhoi Su-27, one of the air force’s most important warplanes.
The Domna air base is to get 10 such aircraft by the end of the year. Ten more will be provided next year in order to establish an aviation regiment equipped only with the newest Russian fighter jets.
The Su-30SM can detect enemy aircraft at a distance of more than 100 kilometers (60 miles).
The new aircraft has better radar and communications capabilities, an improved friend-or-foe system, a new ejection seat and new weapons.
Keywords:su 30sm, su-30 sm, latest air force fighter, russian new fighter jet su 30, su 30 jet fighter wallpapers
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- APC BTR -80 Overhauling /servicing WORKSHOP
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Т-35A Up and Running
- Singapore Navy
- F-35 - International Participation
- China invasion of Johnson Reef of Vietnam on March 14th 1988
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force Discussions
- Singapore Army Pictures