An aviation regiment equipped with the latest generation of Russian fighter jets is currently being formed in Siberia’s Baikal region.
The regiment will be the first in Russia to receive the 4++ generation aircraft.
The Su-30SM is the latest development of the twin-seat Su-30 jet fighter family, itself a derivative of the long-serving single-seat Sukhoi Su-27, one of the air force’s most important warplanes.
The Domna air base is to get 10 such aircraft by the end of the year. Ten more will be provided next year in order to establish an aviation regiment equipped only with the newest Russian fighter jets.
The Su-30SM can detect enemy aircraft at a distance of more than 100 kilometers (60 miles).
The new aircraft has better radar and communications capabilities, an improved friend-or-foe system, a new ejection seat and new weapons.
Keywords:russian airforce newest fighter jets, su-30 sm, su -35 jet fighter, su 30 jet fighter wallpapers, su-30sm domna
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Singapore Navy
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Indonesian Aero News
- Unidentified beeping sound
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Reinstitute US Pershing 2 for use vs A2/AD?
- Assad's strategic options
- US Navy News and updates
- F-35 - International Participation