The final four Gripens purchased by South Africa would be delivered in mid-September, says a news report in SAAF, the unofficial website on the South African Air Force.
The final four aircraft were retained in Sweden to take part in Exercise Lion Effort in May this year. The aircrafts were towed by road from Kungsängens airport to the port of Norrköping on August 29.
They were loaded on the Aarchangelgracht cargo ship at the Norrkoping port. The ship is due to arrive in Table Bay Harbour, Cape Town in mid-September, from where the aircraft will be towed to the nearby Ysterplaat airforce base.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- New escalation in Iranian nuclear issue?
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- What will happen to the old military equipment when replacedBy new advanced equipment
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- small arms ammunition factories
- Indian Navy Discussions and Updates