Germany — The Eurofighter Typhoon programme, which has delivered 50 aircraft over the past year, celebrates another milestone today as the 250th aircraft is delivered to the customer.
IS038 was handed over to the Italian Air Force in a small ceremony at Pratica di Mare base. The 250th aircraft will join 311 squadron as part of their current duties.
Eurofighter is the largest industrial programme in Europe and the partnership between the four Partner Nations of Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK, has led to a successful, independent aerospace industry.
Eurofighter CEO Enzo Casolini said of this achievement “This is one more important milestone for the Eurofighter Typhoon programme. The delivery of 250 aircraft ensures that the Typhoon has more aircraft in service than any other new generation multi-role fighter, showing just how effective the Eurofighter programme really is”.
Today, Eurofighter Typhoon is the world’s most advanced multi-role combat aircraft and has been regularly delivering to the four core customer nations since the first aircraft was received in 2003. In addition to the core nations, the programme’s first export customer Austria received their 15th and final jet in September 2009 and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia have been taking steady delivery of Typhoon jets since June 2009.
Eurofighter Typhoon is the world’s most advanced new generation real multi-role/swing-role combat aircraft available on the market and has been ordered by six nations (Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Austria and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).
With 707 aircraft under contract, it is Europe’s largest military collaborative programme and delivers leading-edge technology, strengthening Europe’s aerospace industry in the global competition. More than 100,000 jobs in 400 companies are secured by the programme.
Eurofighter Jagdflugzeug GmbH manages the programme on behalf of the Eurofighter Partner Companies: Alenia Aeronautica/Finmeccanica, BAE Systems, EADS CASA and EADS Deutschland, Europe’s foremost aerospace companies with a total turnover of approx. EUR 88 billion (2008).
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Potential of international arbitration to change Timor Sea Treaty
- Stealthiest yet : RQ-180 Revealed
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Stealth Aircraft Operation
- British Army News and Discussion
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Chinese 'air defence identification zone' in East China Sea
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Your kettle may be spying on you.
- Kapooka Pics
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates