Bogota: At least 13 rebels were killed Monday when Colombia’s air force bombed a remote FARC encampment near the border with Ecuador, military officials said.
“Coordinated joint operations by the police, air force and army that began early Monday resulted in the deaths of 13 terrorists from the FARC (Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia),” the defense ministry said in a statement.
The attack — ordered after what the ministry said was “intensive intelligence work by the national police” — came on the 100th day in office for Colombia’s President Juan Manuel Santos, who has vowed to redouble efforts to bring Latin America’s longest-running leftist insurgency to heel.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Indonesian Aero News
- Mercedes-Benz Geländewagen the best jeep yet?
- Brazilian Naval Strength
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- NZDF General discussion thread
- The forgotten battle in South China Sea Truong Sa Sea Battle
- APC BTR -80 Overhauling /servicing WORKSHOP