Bogota: At least 13 rebels were killed Monday when Colombia’s air force bombed a remote FARC encampment near the border with Ecuador, military officials said.
“Coordinated joint operations by the police, air force and army that began early Monday resulted in the deaths of 13 terrorists from the FARC (Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia),” the defense ministry said in a statement.
The attack — ordered after what the ministry said was “intensive intelligence work by the national police” — came on the 100th day in office for Colombia’s President Juan Manuel Santos, who has vowed to redouble efforts to bring Latin America’s longest-running leftist insurgency to heel.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- New escalation in Iranian nuclear issue?
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- What will happen to the old military equipment when replacedBy new advanced equipment
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- small arms ammunition factories
- Indian Navy Discussions and Updates