Bogota: At least 13 rebels were killed Monday when Colombia’s air force bombed a remote FARC encampment near the border with Ecuador, military officials said.
“Coordinated joint operations by the police, air force and army that began early Monday resulted in the deaths of 13 terrorists from the FARC (Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia),” the defense ministry said in a statement.
The attack — ordered after what the ministry said was “intensive intelligence work by the national police” — came on the 100th day in office for Colombia’s President Juan Manuel Santos, who has vowed to redouble efforts to bring Latin America’s longest-running leftist insurgency to heel.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Ukranian Crisis
- Some newer stuff from me...so far
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- US Navy News and updates
- Singapore Navy
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'