China has developed the DF-15C short-range ballistic missile, a bunker buster unveiled in 2007. Chinese officials say the DF-15C is capable of destroying underground command centers using a deep-penetration warhead.
The missile uses a terminal radar guidance or infrared imaging guidance system. The DF-15C has a range of 700 kilometers and a circular error probability of between 15-20 meters.
Possible targets for the DF-15C include Taiwan’s Heng Shan Military Command Center in Taipei. This is Taiwan’s wartime nerve center. Another possible target is Taiwan’s Chiashan Air Force Base, which is located in the east coastal city of Hualien.
The DF-15C ballistic missile would enable China to disable an enemy’s command capabilities, thereby eliminating its ability to coordinate an effective resistance.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:chinese ballistic missile defence
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- Scottish Independence
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Made in Singapore Equipment
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Potential of Gripen M, the naval variant...
- US Navy News and updates
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Comparing aerial warfare with and without drones