China has developed the DF-15C short-range ballistic missile, a bunker buster unveiled in 2007. Chinese officials say the DF-15C is capable of destroying underground command centers using a deep-penetration warhead.
The missile uses a terminal radar guidance or infrared imaging guidance system. The DF-15C has a range of 700 kilometers and a circular error probability of between 15-20 meters.
Possible targets for the DF-15C include Taiwan’s Heng Shan Military Command Center in Taipei. This is Taiwan’s wartime nerve center. Another possible target is Taiwan’s Chiashan Air Force Base, which is located in the east coastal city of Hualien.
The DF-15C ballistic missile would enable China to disable an enemy’s command capabilities, thereby eliminating its ability to coordinate an effective resistance.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Indonesian Army
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Ukranian Crisis
- Author Research - Exercises
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- VMFAT501 F35B , VAQ209 Growlers and Hornets!
- 149th FW Lone Star Gunfighters