China has developed the DF-15C short-range ballistic missile, a bunker buster unveiled in 2007. Chinese officials say the DF-15C is capable of destroying underground command centers using a deep-penetration warhead.
The missile uses a terminal radar guidance or infrared imaging guidance system. The DF-15C has a range of 700 kilometers and a circular error probability of between 15-20 meters.
Possible targets for the DF-15C include Taiwan’s Heng Shan Military Command Center in Taipei. This is Taiwan’s wartime nerve center. Another possible target is Taiwan’s Chiashan Air Force Base, which is located in the east coastal city of Hualien.
The DF-15C ballistic missile would enable China to disable an enemy’s command capabilities, thereby eliminating its ability to coordinate an effective resistance.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35 - International Participation
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Flanker Export Thread
- North Korean Military.
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Iran Inaugurates Production Line of HAFEZ Radar System
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates