C130 Gunship dropping Flares
AC-130 Gunship dropping some Flares. Equipment: The Lockheed AC-130 gunship is a heavily-armed ground-attack aircraft. The basic airframe is manufactured by Lockheed, and Boeing is responsible for the conversion into a gunship and for aircraft support. It is a variant of the C-130 Hercules transport plane. The AC-130A Gunship II superseded the AC-47 Gunship I in the Vietnam War. Flare Explaination by TheNp42: Some rockets such as the FGM-148 Javelin and the FIM-92 Stinger Missile lock on the certain heat signatures (like an AC-130). When the flares shoot out of the target, they provide multiple different heat signatures, and usually the rocket will lock onto one of those instead.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:C130 dropping flres at night
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35 - International Participation
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Flanker Export Thread
- North Korean Military.
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Iran Inaugurates Production Line of HAFEZ Radar System
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates