C130 Gunship dropping Flares
AC-130 Gunship dropping some Flares. Equipment: The Lockheed AC-130 gunship is a heavily-armed ground-attack aircraft. The basic airframe is manufactured by Lockheed, and Boeing is responsible for the conversion into a gunship and for aircraft support. It is a variant of the C-130 Hercules transport plane. The AC-130A Gunship II superseded the AC-47 Gunship I in the Vietnam War. Flare Explaination by TheNp42: Some rockets such as the FGM-148 Javelin and the FIM-92 Stinger Missile lock on the certain heat signatures (like an AC-130). When the flares shoot out of the target, they provide multiple different heat signatures, and usually the rocket will lock onto one of those instead.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- "Across the Beach"- AAVs for the Australian Army ?
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- US Navy News and updates
- ADF General discussion thread
- Future of the Global Hawk
- Marine Nationale Discussions and Updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- DT Hall of Shame - Ban List