C130 Gunship dropping Flares
AC-130 Gunship dropping some Flares. Equipment: The Lockheed AC-130 gunship is a heavily-armed ground-attack aircraft. The basic airframe is manufactured by Lockheed, and Boeing is responsible for the conversion into a gunship and for aircraft support. It is a variant of the C-130 Hercules transport plane. The AC-130A Gunship II superseded the AC-47 Gunship I in the Vietnam War. Flare Explaination by TheNp42: Some rockets such as the FGM-148 Javelin and the FIM-92 Stinger Missile lock on the certain heat signatures (like an AC-130). When the flares shoot out of the target, they provide multiple different heat signatures, and usually the rocket will lock onto one of those instead.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Ukranian Crisis
- UFO or secret fighter jet?
- Unidentified beeping sound
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Singapore Navy
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Indonesian Aero News
- Reinstitute US Pershing 2 for use vs A2/AD?
- Assad's strategic options
- US Navy News and updates