The first P-3 Orion aircraft modified by Airbus Military for the Brazilian Air Force was inspected today by Brazilian Minister of Defence, Nelson Jobim, during his official visit to Spain.
The aircraft is the first of a fleet of nine which will undergo a complete systems modernization programme, including the installation of Airbus Military´s Fully Integrated Tactical System (FITS).
As well as FITS, the aircraft will benefit from a powerful new suite of mission sensors, communications systems, and upgraded cockpit avionics. The engines are being updated and, depending on the condition of each individual aircraft, the structures are being renovated to permit many more years of effective operation.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- F-35 - International Participation
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- F-18 Advanced Hornet
- The Indonesian Army
- NZDF General discussion thread
- A discussion about inflatable decoy and monocoque decoy
- General African Defense discussion
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Assad's strategic options