The first P-3 Orion aircraft modified by Airbus Military for the Brazilian Air Force was inspected today by Brazilian Minister of Defence, Nelson Jobim, during his official visit to Spain.
The aircraft is the first of a fleet of nine which will undergo a complete systems modernization programme, including the installation of Airbus Military´s Fully Integrated Tactical System (FITS).
As well as FITS, the aircraft will benefit from a powerful new suite of mission sensors, communications systems, and upgraded cockpit avionics. The engines are being updated and, depending on the condition of each individual aircraft, the structures are being renovated to permit many more years of effective operation.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- Scottish Independence
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Made in Singapore Equipment
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Potential of Gripen M, the naval variant...
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Comparing aerial warfare with and without drones