The new members introduction thread.

fortunesmiles

Hello all aboard thank you for having me, any veterans thanks for your service

Hopefully I can keep up with tech trends and be informative here, battlefield tech and real life scifi hardware and concepts as they become relevant

This is my field of experience including combatives training, if there's anything you'd like to know just ask
Regards

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello everyone, I'm a military enthusiast and supporter. I was looking for a forum to discuss the war in Ukraine and a google search brought me here.

Thank you for accepting me!
Hello all aboard thank you for having me, any veterans thanks for your service

Hopefully I can keep up with tech trends and be informative here, battlefield tech and real life scifi hardware and concepts as they become relevant

This is my field of experience including combatives training, if there's anything you'd like to know just ask
Regards
Welcome to defencetalk. Read the rules and enjoy your stay.

fortunesmiles

Welcome to defencetalk. Read the rules and enjoy your stay.
"Real life scifi" meaning technology that is available in real life most civilians don't think exist and concepts that are applicable for military defense purposes or field operations, not fantasy knowledge. I do like to see things that have been in development, it certainly will take me some time to get used to keeping up with the discussions here.

Thanks for the welcome and the heads up

SP_viewer

Howdy! Just a Kiwi military enthusiast hoping to keep up with the news and learn a bit from some of the professionals here. Hoping to join the NZDF someday.

Could someone link me to the rules? I can't seem to find them.

So it's time to out myself (after about 10years lurking) as I have been posting more recently...

Australian based, professional engineer, 25years industry experience initially within the automotive industry (twelve years of quality amd production engineering as well as product development) before moving to defence industry (Project Management Engineering Change and Program Management Engineering Services).

I have had significant exposure to Maritime, Land and Aerospace domains.

DouglasLees

So it's time to out myself (after about 10years lurking) as I have been posting more recently...

Australian based, professional engineer, 25years industry experience initially within the automotive industry (twelve years of quality amd production engineering as well as product development) before moving to defence industry (Project Management Engineering Change and Program Management Engineering Services).

I have had significant exposure to Maritime, Land and Aerospace domains.
That’s an impressive CV mate. Welcome.

Volkodav

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
thanks Douglas. There's lots of grey hairs and wrinkles to go with it... shame the Government of the day let the Auto industry die off, it was a great nursery to learn...
Agreed, it was short sited and blinkered. Huge numbers of engineers, technical officers and trades cut their teeth there and I can't see any other industry filling the gap.

tom_damage

Hello and thanks for having me.
I'm from Hungary, most of my experience is in the automotive industry (R&D), mixed in with some professional A/V.
Defence industry was a hobby for me for ... as long as I can remember :) Compulsory military service was already killed off here when I got old enough.
I was looking for a comprehensive defence-related forum in English, that's how I ended up here.

DouglasLees

Hello and thanks for having me.
I'm from Hungary, most of my experience is in the automotive industry (R&D), mixed in with some professional A/V.
Defence industry was a hobby for me for ... as long as I can remember :) Compulsory military service was already killed off here when I got old enough.
I was looking for a comprehensive defence-related forum in English, that's how I ended up here.
Welcome Sir. When was compulsory military service abolished in Hungary? I should Google it but thought I’d ask you instead. …

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
HI everyone. Glad to be part on here. I was longtime on militaryphotos.net, the mess and militaryimages.net before this last one also got off. Hope to see some known faces here.

Slava ukraina.
Welcome to defence talk, read the rules and enjoy your stay.