The new members introduction thread.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
hi guys, i am from singapore. Been reading you guys posting for couple of years before decided to be member. I am not in the defence industries but my passion started when SAF was having AMX13 and M113, Air force were just A4 skyhawks and hawker Hunter while our RSN strike craft were MGB sea lion, Sea dragon. There was very limited information on these during those days. i remembered hiding in MPH at stamford road reading books on "Armed Forces of the World", "Air Forces of The Word" etc. Just to find out how many fighter/bomber aircrafts, tanks Singapore own. haha....
Really enjoyed reading you guys write out, really informative. Keep it up! Thanks!!
Hi, welcome to Defencetalk, thanks for joining!

Bozoo2

Bozoo is back. Again. This time as Bozoo2. With News from Midtguardia. Midtguardia is an imagined country partly represented in H0 scale. I am here to discuss the Midtguardian Defence Forces, forces fully represented by scale H0 models, currently approximately 3500 models, organized into functioning units. I am therefore interested in all aspects of military knowledge.

It's been 10 years since last time. In the mean time the MDF has evolved and matured to such an extent that the original geografical location of the imagined country is no longer viable and this has now, magically, changed to the Norwegian county of Vestfold.

The MDF is now organized into two divisions. First division is a full blown combat division with 20 batallions ranging from the singel HQ Bn to the eight infantry Bn's of which four are fully motorized. The first division has approx 12000 personell (which are not represented in model) and 2500 vehicles - all present and accounted for. It comprises Bn's of Tank, Artillery, Air Defence, Engineer,Transport, Maintenance, Signals, Recce, Medical and MP support capabilities.

The second Division is not a fully blown combat division, but a largely administrative unit organizing miscallaneus army units. The main combat units in the second division are the Armoured Brigade, featuring 108 M 1 Abrahms MBTs and appropriate support units, the Army Aviation Bn, medium and heavy Field hospitals, Special Ops, Logistics Bn, Military Intel Bn as well as a number of smaller units.

The MDF Airforce currently operates 55 fighter jets with another 24 under construction, as well as the MDFs heavy helicopters with appropriate ground support. The Navy consists of two frigates of the Oslo class, one anti submarine vessel of the Nordkapp class and one flagship of the Svalbard class as well as five missile boats of the Storm class in addition to a floating dock and a smattering of smaller craft.

Now, a question for the moderators. I would like to present the MDF in for the forum. Initially, the correct forum would seem to be the models forum, as this is what the MDF actually is. Presenting this under the Models forum, does, on the other hand, defeat the real reason why I am here, namely to elicit comments and suggestions as to the MDF TO&E from the very knowledgeable participants on this site, thus aiding in the development of the Mitguardian Defence Forces. The Models forum is mainly engaged in superdetailing of individual vehicles and seems to incur the interest of a very limited following, none of whom are concerned with the organization, logistics and operability of military forces as such.

As I do not wish to defy the rules and post off topic without permission I would appreciate recommendations from the moderator as to how to solve this conundrum.

Special greetings to OPSSG and Feanor.

Bozoo

Last edited by a moderator:

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Bozoo2, welcome back. I’ve made a copy of your latest post and placed it in the second link below. For those who are interested see these older threads by Bozoo:
Can you please post pics there? Your old links are now broken. DT members are really impressed with your models and with the forum upgrade, we can even like your posts to boost visibility.

Last edited:
Hi all

Just found this thread after finding the site about a week ago. Impressed to find a forum upon which people have robust discussions/debates with facts!! I’ll do my best to stick to the rules and make some sort of useful contribution.

Aussie but currently an expat in the Middle East. Long time follower of all things defence/history but never been in the service. Background in commercial aviation.

Last edited:

DAVID DUNLOP

Hi all

Just found this thread after finding the site about a week ago. Impressed to find a forum upon which people have robust discussions/debates with facts!! I’ll do my best to stick to the rules and make some sort of useful contribution.

Aussie but currently an expat in the Middle East. Long time follower of all things defence/history but never been in the service. Background in commercial aviation.
Hi "aviation enthuse"! A big Canadian welcome to the Defence Talk Forum! I am a true "Blue Noser" (Nova Scotia). It will be great to have some "new blood" at the forum. I will be looking for you on the Royal Canadian Navy Forum. Lots of things to talk about, especially in this "new era" of COVID-19. Again, welcome from a retired RCN Senior NCM member! Cheers! ;)

ASSAIL

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Hi all

Welcome to DT, enjoy.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
A belated introduction. I am a recently retired Australian Army WO2. Spent around 38 years in both reserves and regular army. Served in RAE, RAEME and RASIGS. Now residing in Portugal (but not Portuguese).
G'day @OldTex, a belated welcome to the forum. Keep safe cobber.

DDG38

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
G'day all, just had my application confirmed so thought it would be proper form to make my first post here. I served in the RAN for 20 years (87-07) and worked in the EW and Cryptologic categories (spook stuff). Now work in Defence public service as a filthy civvy. Been looking for a decent Defence related discussion forum that's active and has some intelligent conversation. Look forward to reading up and hopefully being able to contribute expecially to the Naval forums. :)

ASSAIL

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Welcome to the forum.
Your forum name is a great choice! my old ship, DDG 38 (70/71), the days when ULQ6 was the ducks guts!

Redlands18

G'day all, just had my application confirmed so thought it would be proper form to make my first post here. I served in the RAN for 20 years (87-07) and worked in the EW and Cryptologic categories (spook stuff). Now work in Defence public service as a filthy civvy. Been looking for a decent Defence related discussion forum that's active and has some intelligent conversation. Look forward to reading up and hopefully being able to contribute expecially to the Naval forums. :)
Welcome Mate, if you are interested, a read through of the RAN thread is well worth it, it will take a few months,though, there is nearly 1500 pages after all and covers just about everything.
A warning though, talk off RAN SSNs and Carriers are basically verboten as they have been done to death about 10 times over.

DDG38

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Welcome to the forum.
Your forum name is a great choice! my old ship, DDG 38 (70/71), the days when ULQ6 was the ducks guts!
Cheers, she was my first ship and best deployment, Greece trip in 91. Have loved DDGs ever since. And WLR-1H was the shit. ;)

DDG38

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Welcome Mate, if you are interested, a read through of the RAN thread is well worth it, it will take a few months,though, there is nearly 1500 pages after all and covers just about everything.
A warning though, talk off RAN SSNs and Carriers are basically verboten as they have been done to death about 10 times over.
I've only read the past 5 or 6 pages, that was entertaining enough lol And talk of RAN carriers has been around forever and well and truly done to death, particularly by sailors. :p

DAVID DUNLOP

Hello "DDG38"! A big Canadian welcome to the Defence Talk Forum! I am a true "Blue Noser" (Nova Scotian), retired from the RCN with 41 yrs 6 mos (and 1 day) continuous service. My jobs included being a senior Tactical Combat Information Co-ordinator (Naval Radars, Link's 4/10/11/16 & 22 with lots of GCCS-M knowledge). Great to have some new RAN friends at the forum to discuss relevant naval issues. I will be looking for you on the Royal Canadian Navy Forum. Lots of things to talk about, especially in this "new era" of COVID-19. Again, welcome from a retired RCN Senior member! Cheers!

Incog_Nito

Hi All Members,

This is Incog_Nito, Hope you are all doing good. I'm a tech & military enthusiast and I'm looking to be a part of this beautiful family.

Please, help me in becoming a part of this global family.

Thank You.

Antipode

Hello!

I'm a Spanish 32yo currently based at London.

I have decided to become a member after some months enjoying the high quality discussions here, must say it's a privilege to learn from you people.

My obsession with toys started at the tender age of 8-9, with a splendid book titled "Aircraft of World War 3" (rather ominously) I was just fascinated with the pictures and drawings.

I will most likely just keep learning, but some paella advertising is to be expected at some point!

Salud!

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hello!

I have decided to become a member after some months enjoying the high quality discussions here, must say it's a privilege to learn from you people.

My obsession with toys started at the tender age of 8-9, with a splendid book titled "Aircraft of World War 3" (rather ominously) I was just fascinated with the pictures and drawings.

I will most likely just keep learning, but some paella advertising is to be expected at some point!

Salud!
G'day Antipode and welcome to the forum. We look forward to your contributions. If you post pictures of paellas on here without giving the Moderators tastings we might get grumpy :p :D In all seriousness though, I am sure that some on here would love a good paella recipe.

ASSAIL

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Hello!

Salud!
Welcome Antipode, nice to have another Spanish member.