Midtguardia Defence Forces -artillery info

Bozoo1

In the continuing process of developing the Midtguardian defence forces some professional info on the vehicles necessary to equip a M109 SPA battery. I currently organize this as follows:

8 M 109 guns divided into 4 independent fire teams each of two guns and an M 557 fire control vehicle. Each team has two MAN 10 t. ammo trucks attached as well as a field car.

Battery HQ has 5 M 557 for C3I, one belonging to the battery commander, one dedicated to fire mission control, one for logistic control and one dedicated to signals hooking the battery onto the Ptarmigan com system, in addition to one M 557 permanently deployed with brigade HQ for liaison purposes.

HQ also has 3 trucks carrying tents, foodstuffs etc as well as water trailer, field kitchen and a large generator. HQ also has a close defense section with 2 M 2 Bradley IFVs, each incorporating a Stinger MANPAD unit.

There is a recovery and maintenance element comprising an M 88 ARV, 2 M113 APCs and an M 548 tracked transport vehicle carrying spare parts.

There is a recce element, consisting of 4 field cars, a survey party of two field cars, a transport section of 3 FUCHS transport panzers and a supply unit of 2 Magirius Fuel bowsers as well as 2 ekstra MAN 10 ton ammo trucks.

Meteorological info is supplied by Bn HQ. The necessary number of FISTVs are attached from Bn HQ, dispersed to client units.

I am out of my depth here and would appreciate any comments. Am I totally lost? What am I missing?

kato

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Two-gun firing groups are possible but do not provide good target effect. Minimum for bracketing a target should be three-gun groups (9=3x3, 1980s or 6=2x3, 1960s), optimal are four-gun groups (8=2x4) - the latter is the preferred organization in Western military at the moment.

Detach ammo supply from firing platoons, group in battery-level supply squad/platoon along with fuel (8-10 ammo + 2 fuel trucks is the right size for such a unit). Makes it more flexible, and keeps the firing platoons leaner.

No need for IFVs for a "close defense section". Those are just unnecessary fuel hogs for what would be a primarily static security operation.

Belesari

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M167_VADS"]M167 VADS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

That and some antitank missiles for taking out armor

In the continuing process of developing the Midtguardian defence forces some professional info on the vehicles necessary to equip a M109 SPA battery. I currently organize this as follows:

8 M 109 guns divided into 4 independent fire teams each of two guns and an M 557 fire control vehicle. Each team has two MAN 10 t. ammo trucks attached as well as a field car.

Battery HQ has 5 M 557 for C3I, one belonging to the battery commander, one dedicated to fire mission control, one for logistic control and one dedicated to signals hooking the battery onto the Ptarmigan com system, in addition to one M 557 permanently deployed with brigade HQ for liaison purposes.

HQ also has 3 trucks carrying tents, foodstuffs etc as well as water trailer, field kitchen and a large generator. HQ also has a close defense section with 2 M 2 Bradley IFVs, each incorporating a Stinger MANPAD unit.

There is a recovery and maintenance element comprising an M 88 ARV, 2 M113 APCs and an M 548 tracked transport vehicle carrying spare parts.

There is a recce element, consisting of 4 field cars, a survey party of two field cars, a transport section of 3 FUCHS transport panzers and a supply unit of 2 Magirius Fuel bowsers as well as 2 ekstra MAN 10 ton ammo trucks.

Meteorological info is supplied by Bn HQ. The necessary number of FISTVs are attached from Bn HQ, dispersed to client units.

I am out of my depth here and would appreciate any comments. Am I totally lost? What am I missing?