The new members introduction thread.

British Post

Hello everyone. Call me The British Charmer, or British Post. Could you believe I'm 16 and not only going to National Guard, but read the Art of War, is currently reading Roots of Strategy, and watches CNN!? I'm not your typical spoiled brat who stays on myspace all day, me youtube is 99% military. I hope to not only expand me knowledge but make lifelong friends here as well. Thank you for having such a great pleast to get accquainted at.

Hope to talk to you all soon...

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to defencetalk. Read the rules, and play nice. Looking forward to reading your contributions.

Kiwi1988

Gday everyone, I haven't been for a visit in awhile August 22nd, 2007 was the last time.

Thought its about time to pop in and see whats happening..:D

Alot of things have happened since I last came including retiring from the ADF. ;)

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello all
my name is Uri I am 50 from Haifa Israel
I served in the IDF in the tank corps
glad to be here and hope to be involved

http://***-*****.blogspot.com/
Hello. Welcome to defencetalk. Please refrain from posting links to your blog, as that is considered advertising and is against the rules. One other little detail, if you have served in the military please contact me or another moderator with the information needed to confirm it so we can give you the blue defense professional tag. Thanks, and enjoy your stay.

Last edited by a moderator:

grumpy stu

Hey guys. Looking into joining the Australian defence force, and got directed here from a friend on an australian fishing forum to find some answers, old faithful I think he calls himself

Looks like a pretty profesionally run site, kept nice and friendly. That ban thread is pretty damn long!!

Enjoying searching through, and a heap of info to look at-just what the wife wanted me to find Im sure.

Cheers, Stu

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
@British Post, arizonaguide, grumpy stu & wesuper, welcome to DT! I hope to read more of your posts soon.

@totac7 & Kiwi1988, I hope to learn more from both of you.

Last edited:

Dzirhan

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Hi,

Just joined the forum after finding it on google search when checking on anything posted on net about my articles. My name is the same as my screename and I write for a couple of defence publications incl JDW, Asia Pacific Defence Reporter and Defence Review Asia, not sure though how to confirm my ID here unless someone on this forum has worked with me or knows me.

Tavarisch

Privyet, My Tavarischs!

I am Tavarisch, (russian for Comrade), and I am from Malaysia. I believe I am the only 15 year old in my classroom that probably does this kind of thing.

My main interest lies with Soviet and Russian tanks of the post-War era mainly. However, I am quite familiar with several ATGMs of Soviet legacy, Soviet SAMs and Soviet/Russian infantry small arms. Safe to say, I can also sing the Soviet Anthem (1944,1977) and the Russian Federation Anthem. Hell, I can even loosely translate them.

I can read and write in cyrillic (well, almost. I'm far from understanding Russian really) As you may have guessed, I despise NATO. :)

I hope to be able to share my information with you guys.

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Just joined the forum after finding it on google search when checking on anything posted on net about my articles. My name is the same as my screename and I write for a couple of defence publications incl JDW, Asia Pacific Defence Reporter and Defence Review Asia, not sure though how to confirm my ID here unless someone on this forum has worked with me or knows me.
Send a PM to a moderator to get started on the process.That is what Chino taught me! And Feanor has been kindly guiding me along. :D

Last edited:

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
Privyet, My Tavarischs!

I am Tavarisch, (russian for Comrade), and I am from Malaysia. I believe I am the only 15 year old in my classroom that probably does this kind of thing.

My main interest lies with Soviet and Russian tanks of the post-War era mainly. However, I am quite familiar with several ATGMs of Soviet legacy, Soviet SAMs and Soviet/Russian infantry small arms. Safe to say, I can also sing the Soviet Anthem (1944,1977) and the Russian Federation Anthem. Hell, I can even loosely translate them.

I can read and write in cyrillic (well, almost. I'm far from understanding Russian really) As you may have guessed, I despise NATO. :)

I am very impressed with your language skills. You may need to google quite a bit... to understand some of the discussions. ;)

Anyway, don't mind me, just enjoy yourself here!:D

wertyisme

Hello!

I'm 18 from Singapore and waiting to enlist in the armed forces. (My enlistment date is in march darn it; all my friends are in there already)

Looking to while the time away on defense issues. I'm not fluent with the technical aspects of war machines and unit structure and the like so I'm playing by ear mostly.

I hope to have a great time here :D

Tavarisch

Just asking , anyone here living in Penang? I'd like to know that I am not alone here. And by Penang, I don't mean to include Seberang Perai.

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm 18 from Singapore and waiting to enlist in the armed forces. (My enlistment date is in march darn it; all my friends are in there already)

Looking to while the time away on defense issues. I'm not fluent with the technical aspects of war machines and unit structure and the like so I'm playing by ear mostly.

I hope to have a great time here :D
Welcome to DT wertyisme!:D

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dzirhan, I've just sent a PM to 2 Mods (as your PM function will turn on after 50 posts).

The friendly mods should get back to you in due time. :D

Last edited:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Privyet, My Tavarischs!

Hi,

Welcome guys. Dzirhan please post a visitors message in gf0012-aust's account letting him know, he typically handles ID checks. I do believe he has a way to confirm what you say. :)

Read the rules and enjoy your stay.