T-90 in Comparison to Western Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

StobieWan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Guys I am new to the forum, I read past postings and found many well informed people si I would like to ask how does the T90S compares to a 2A4 and 2A6.
The scenario is as follows:
1 dessertic environment with fine sand
2 very dry
3 geography mostly flat terrain with dunes
4 Equally trained tank commanders and crews
5 same ground and air support
Thanks
Please read the forum rules on x vs y threads - they're explicitly forbidden due to the number of times they disintegrate into nationalist chest beating.

the road runner

Thanks for your reply I just read that part of the rules, really sad as there are a lot of intelligent people in this forum that could give intelligent factual opinions about the equipment capabilities rather than nationalistic or hate issues.
You need to understand ,that its not just about Tank "X" Vs Tank "Y".
Training ,doctrine spare parts all play a major part of how an outcome will unfold.
Tank Vs Tank battles these days will be very rare as most military's around the world will fight with all assets at there disposal.Such equipment would include,armed drones,attack helicopter,soldiers equipped with anti tank weapons ect.

If you stick around you will see that most people here have a wealth of information to share ,and will open your eyes to more than just Tank "X" Vs Tank "Y"

Cheers

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
And there it is again.

Throw away lines like this do nothing for a discussion. Why are the US, Brits and Germans in one group? Why are the Russians and French not in this group. What is the force structure in which a given system has to operate. Are we swimming in money? Do we want to buy political favours? Etc. etc. etc....

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
Waylander said it. This thread is way past its use by date, so I'm going to give it 24 hours, then close it, unless someone can give a good reason for it to stay open. It seems to just come up again every few months and the whole premise of the thread is perilously close to breaking the "no versus threads" portion of the forum rules.

So if you've got objections, let's hear them now, otherwise the thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.