New turkish tank !!???

s3kiz

According to Forecast International, 6700 mbts worth $27.9 billion until 2017 will be procured by world armies:

http://www.defencetalk.com/news/pub..._T-90_Dominate_World_Tank_Market110015374.php

They report 60% of all new tanks rolling out until 2017 will be Al-Khalid (Pakistan), Type 98 (PRC), T-90 (RF and India), making up 53% of the market worth. With M1 and Leos following.

A forecast group, that makes calculations on 6900 tanks to be built globally until 2017, and not mentioning the 1000 Turkish Altay tanks which happen to make up 15% of the new tank figures Forecast International claims, perhaps its in the fine print. :)

Anyway, I always found organizations that make reports in return for financial gains to be fishy. But thats just me. :alian

Cheers.

Atilla [TR]

According to Forecast International, 6700 mbts worth $27.9 billion until 2017 will be procured by world armies:

http://www.defencetalk.com/news/pub..._T-90_Dominate_World_Tank_Market110015374.php

They report 60% of all new tanks rolling out until 2017 will be Al-Khalid (Pakistan), Type 98 (PRC), T-90 (RF and India), making up 53% of the market worth. With M1 and Leos following.

A forecast group, that makes calculations on 6900 tanks to be built globally until 2017, and not mentioning the 1000 Turkish Altay tanks which happen to make up 15% of the new tank figures Forecast International claims, perhaps its in the fine print. :)

Anyway, I always found organizations that make reports in return for financial gains to be fishy. But thats just me. :alian

Cheers.
That article does not even mention the new tank program In Turkey. :mad: :mad: :mad: ATILLA MAD. Anyway does anyone know how many new Turkish made tanks are going to be bought and what are they going to do with the old M60 tanks sell them?

jedigman

Atilla [TR];137682 said:
That article does not even mention the new tank program In Turkey. :mad: :mad: :mad: ATILLA MAD. Anyway does anyone know how many new Turkish made tanks are going to be bought and what are they going to do with the old M60 tanks sell them?
Your first question is answered by the Sekiz's Quote in your message, 1000 Altay Tanks, The M60s will either be scraped or put in storage just in case we need them for future wars (old machines can always be useful).

Atilla [TR]

Your first question is answered by the Sekiz's Quote in your message, 1000 Altay Tanks, The M60s will either be scraped or put in storage just in case we need them for future wars (old machines can always be useful).
Correct could we also sell the upgraded (by Isreali's) ones to Turkic nations they really badly need new arms.

Yasin20

so any updates on any new mbts some time this year i did heard about last year that turkiye would be revealing one of there prototypes i mean its never on the news where is it ?

orko_8

:)))))

Man contracts are serious issues. They contain hundreds and hundreds points on which both sides should agree. This is by nature a lengthy process.

Yasin20

i some times wish i was the leader for a few days and say yes to this contract then just give the seat back to do the rest lol

jedigman

Azerbaijan May Join Turkey's New Tank Manufacturing Project, Bureaucrat
A senior Turkish bureaucrat said on Friday that Azerbaijan might join Turkey`s project to manufacture new tanks.

Murad Bayar, the undersecretary for Turkish Defense Industries, said that Turkey aimed to manufacture new tanks for the Turkish Armed Forces.

"Some of these tanks could be manufactured in Azerbaijan, and some can be produced in Turkey," Bayar told "Milaz" news agency --the first private military information agency in Azerbaijan.

The bureaucrat expressed thought that a related agreement could be signed and the project could be launched within this month.

Bayar said that Turkey also planned to modernize its actual tanks including "Leopard" (Germany) and "M-60" (USA), and told the agency that Turkey proposed Azerbaijan to modernize its T-72 tanks.

"We may make joint production with Azerbaijan in line with this country`s needs in the future," Bayar also said.

Bayar enumerated the areas in which Turkey and Azerbaijan could cooperate as manufacturing military ships, unmanned aircraft and infantry rifle.

The Turkish bureaucrat said that Turkey was cooperating with not only Azerbaijan but also with Kazakhstan, Georgia, Balkan countries, former East Bloc countries, particularly Poland, in the area of defense industry.

Accompanied by representatives of several Turkish defense industry institutions including ASELSAN and Roketsan, Bayar paid a visit to the Azerbaijani capital of Baku between July 7th and 11th.

During the visit, Bayar visited Azerbaijani Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Defense Industry, Ministry of National Security and some military facilities.

"Milaz" is a news agency founded recently by a few Azerbaijani non-governmental organizations and research institutions. It is dealing with military and defense issues in Azerbaijan and its vicinity.

One of the main tasks of the Undersecretariat for Turkish Defense Industries is to re-organize and integrate the existing national industry so as to satisfy defence industry requirements, encourage new enterprises and channel them according to the integration and requirements, seek possibilities for foreign capital and technology contribution, guide enterprises and make plans for state participation in this respect.

The Turkish defense industry is forecast to have an annual export figure of 1.5 billion USD within three years.

http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=242528
Good news

Yasin20

has anyone got info about this Turkish new tank !!??
i got the pix from another forum and unfortunately there wasn't a link...:(
i heard thus designe might be built the one like in my avator i heard news of the designer being invited to otokars project thats i heard heres the info

The Turkish Armed Forces (TAF) and the Turkish Military Procurement Department (SSM) invited Prof. Oguz Eratac of Mimar Sinan University, Turkey to provide a detailed version of his design after they (TAF and SSM) liked his initial design, so much. He has infact now been invited to become part of the MBT design team at Otokar A.S.

His design has also been featured in the Turkish Armed Forces Magazine.

Yasin20

heres some other new that i never heard of sorry for double posting i just want to get the information out

Am no do not expect Turkey's MBT to be anything like the Korean K2. Here is the official government data which proves this (below).

There was speculation by some media organisations that Turkey will opt for the Korean K2 after many Korean companies won many Turkish Government tenders. However, the story of the MBT is different....

Milli Tank Üretim Projesi (Turkish National Tank Program)

MİTÜP is the official name of the Turkish national main battle tank program. The project was initiated with an agreement signed between Otokar and the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries of the Republic of Turkey (SSM) on March 30, 2007; when the Defense Industries Executive Committee (SSIK), chaired by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, awarded a contract worth approximately $500 million to Otokar for the indegenous design and development of 4 prototypes of a new national Main Battle Tank. This will be Turkey's first MBT development program since 1943, when prototypes of a Turkish national tank were produced in the city of Kırıkkale, but never reached full-scale mass production, due to cheap alternatives from European companies. However, in line with Ankara's new National Defence Doctrine, it intends to be a developer of Defence Technology not a consumer. Ankara has made it clear on various occasions that they will only approve of either full-technology transfer offers or full indegenous designs.

Turkey has thus chosen Otokar, a Turkish company owned by Istanbul-based Koç Holding to design, develop and mass produce Turkey's new class MBT. It is envisaged that the only thing foreign in Turkey's MBT will be the licenced production of the engine.

ASELSAN has already developed the Tank's Fire Control System and all the electronics required for the MBT. See the systems at following webpages:
Aselsan.com.tr - VOLKAN Fire Control System
Aselsan.com.tr - Digital Tank /Vehicular Intercommunication System
Aselsan.com.tr - EAGLEEYE - Fire Control Sighting System

evripide

Korea signed $400million Tank Deal With Turkey

07-30-2008 00:36

Korea Inks $400 Million Tank Deal With Turkey

XK2 tank
By Jung Sung-ki
Staff Reporter

South Korea has signed a contract regarding the transfer of tank development technology with Turkey, the Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA) announced Tuesday.

The deal, valued at $400 million, is the nation's second largest arms export after a $1-billion license deal over the indigenous K-9 self-propelled howitzer, again with Turkey in 2001.

Under the deal, South Korea will help Turkey develop a semi-indigenous main battle tank by 2015 through the transfer of its technology related to the design and development of K1A1 and XK2 tanks, Lee Jae-nam, senior vice president of Hyundai Rotem Company, the developer of the indigenous battle tanks, told reporters.

South Korea will transfer key technologies regarding engine, gunnery and snorkeling systems to Turkey, which initially wants to build about 250 advanced main battle tanks, said Lee.

Seoul will provide more than 60 percent of the technology required to build the Turkish tanks, he noted.

``This contract has a significant meaning, more than just arms sales, given we're exporting our state-of-the-art arms technologies,'' DAPA spokesman Kim Hyung-taek said. ``This means the Turkish government has recognized our capability and experience in terms of tank development, and our arms technologies have reached a top class level.''

The latest tank deal will also help further boost defense ties between Seoul and Ankara, he added.

Turkey is a major arms partner for South Korea. Last year, South Korea's state-run Korea Aerospace Industries signed a $350 million contract with Turkey to export 55 upgraded versions of the KT-1 Woongbi basic trainer.

The XK2, jointly built by the state-owned Agency for Defense Development and 20 other domestic manufacturers, bears an indigenous 120mm/50-caliber smoothbore gun, and is considered a peer of the U.S. M1A2 SEP and the French Leclerc tanks.

It can reach speeds of up to 70 kilometers per hour on surface roads and 50 kilometers per hour off-road with gun stabilization and can cross rivers as deep as 4.1 meters using a snorkel, a considerable improvement over the K1 and K1A1, with the ability to fire as soon as it resurfaces.

The main armament of the tank includes a 12.7mm K-6 heavy machine gun, a 7.62mm coaxial machine gun, and an indigenous 120mm/55-caliber smooth-bore gun with better muzzle velocity than the 120mm/44-caliber gun equipping a K1A1.

The tank is to be operational with the Army by 2010.

[email protected]

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2008/07/117_28433.html

Yasin20

i have whached the turkish news on TV yesterday hereing that the turkish goverment have signed the contract and and some prototypes are on the way till 2015