New turkish tank !!???

JackGr

Atilla [TR];135579 said:
Exactly us Turks are not nomads we have all the tech we need! We have tech that BAE does not have (stealth paint)!
Wow,that's a big statement.I'm not so sure you can compare the development of a stealth paint with such a big defense company.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Please enough of this:

If some of you want to discuss Turkies ability to design and produce stealth paints or if they have the ability to design a top notch UAV or fighter then start up new threads on each subject and get back to discussing Turkies potential of coming out with a new main battle tank.

s3kiz

@JackGr:

Your comment below :
“Wow,that's a big statement.I'm not so sure you can compare the development of a stealth paint with such a big defense company.”

To Atilla [TR]’s comment below:
“We have tech that BAE does not have (stealth paint)!”

Is a bit misguided, considering Atilla was only reponding against the following objections below made by Deathomen regarding Turkish tank and plane projects and capabilities:

“that is one impossible dream!!!!!!!! in order to do all of that you must have a strong economy and that is absent in turkey !!!!!”

After Atilla informed that Turkish economy is ranked as the worlds 15th largest economy, with a projected 2008 GDP around 1 trillion USD and plans to get into to world top 10 economies, Deathomen further made a one liner objection to Turkish capabilities with:

“turkey lacks technology !!!!!!!”

So JackGr your comment is really not on target considering Atilla was not comparing BAE with a company, instead highlighting the presence of technology the Turkish defence industry has matured to by giving a small example, as evidence against that the Turkish tank/plane porojects are unfeasable due to economical or technological barriers some would like to see as real which they arent.

But its always nice to have others including our Greek neighbours to point out objections (whether factual or not) as it gives an opportunity for us Turks to self reflect on our capabilities and see that what we CAN do is quite much much more than what some would LIKE and tell us we can and CANT do with their wishfull limitations.

Cheers.

s3kiz

Anyway coming back to topic it would be nice if someone could interpret the article from Turkish Military magazine into english so that other forumers can get a better glimps into possible capabilities and features of the proposed new Turkish tank. I dont trust my Turkish-English interpretation skills so would be nice some one who does to translate those texts into english. :)

Cheers.

jedigman

Turkey reached an agreement with the South Korean ADD Rotem company on the project, which is worth $3 billion. This project will be Turkey's first tank development program since 1943, when prototypes of a Turkish national tank were produced in the city of Kýrýkkale, but never reached full-scale mass production.
In 1943 some where shaken out of the sleep with WW2 on the door and rushed to create a tank which failed giganticly. The tank never made it more than being a prototype.

Thanks to Nutuk on WAFF

Lostfleet

In 1943 some where shaken out of the sleep with WW2 on the door and rushed to create a tank which failed giganticly. The tank never made it more than being a prototype.

Thanks to Nutuk on WAFF
Looks like that tank would be a nice convertible :)

Joke aside, Turkey is in fast need of a reform at their tank regiments. I hope their new tank will be adequate enough against all current MBTs like M1A2.

Atilla [TR]

@JackGr:

Your comment below :
“Wow,that's a big statement.I'm not so sure you can compare the development of a stealth paint with such a big defense company.”

To Atilla [TR]’s comment below:
“We have tech that BAE does not have (stealth paint)!”

Is a bit misguided, considering Atilla was only reponding against the following objections below made by Deathomen regarding Turkish tank and plane projects and capabilities:

“that is one impossible dream!!!!!!!! in order to do all of that you must have a strong economy and that is absent in turkey !!!!!”

After Atilla informed that Turkish economy is ranked as the worlds 15th largest economy, with a projected 2008 GDP around 1 trillion USD and plans to get into to world top 10 economies, Deathomen further made a one liner objection to Turkish capabilities with:

“turkey lacks technology !!!!!!!”

So JackGr your comment is really not on target considering Atilla was not comparing BAE with a company, instead highlighting the presence of technology the Turkish defence industry has matured to by giving a small example, as evidence against that the Turkish tank/plane porojects are unfeasable due to economical or technological barriers some would like to see as real which they arent.

But its always nice to have others including our Greek neighbours to point out objections (whether factual or not) as it gives an opportunity for us Turks to self reflect on our capabilities and see that what we CAN do is quite much much more than what some would LIKE and tell us we can and CANT do with their wishfull limitations.

Cheers.

1 trillion dollars WOW! But back to the tank, I think the design in the Mag will be used because I just noticed that that came from the Turkish land forces command directly. They would not say it is going to look like this and something else comes out, but you never know.

JackGr

In 2007 Turkey had 482 billion $ GDP,if it manages to double the GDP in 2008 to 1 trillion that would be an economical miracleAlso it's 18th.Also I would be more happy if the GDP per capita is rising up not the just the GDP.To subject.Is there any information which regions will be the first to be armed with this MBT when it is produced?

Atilla [TR]

In 2007 Turkey had 482 billion $ GDP,if it manages to double the GDP in 2008 to 1 trillion that would be an economical miracleAlso it's 18th.Also I would be more happy if the GDP per capita is rising up not the just the GDP.To subject.Is there any information which regions will be the first to be armed with this MBT when it is produced?
791 billion for 2007, 1 trillion is far but Turkey is growing at a huge rate. No info on when it is going to be built so far as there is no prototype to be even found.

user name

Banned Member
Actually as of March 10, 2008 Turkey's Real GDP is officially $645.5 billion and its GDP PPP is over $900 billion, 32% larger than previously thought. Before next year this will probably surpass the 1 trillion mark since its economy is growing exponentially source:turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=98538

Anyway it's very useful for Turkey to get heavily involved in the UAV department, especially considering its geographic position.

s3kiz

Murad Bayar says:
"Milli Tank üretimi konusundaki çalışmalar devam ediyor. Nisan ayına kadar ana yüklenici OTOKAR ile prototip üretim sözleşmesini imzalayacağız. Bu projede ROKETSAN zırh. MKEK (Makine Kimya Endüstrisi Kurumu) topun namlusunu üretecek. Daha önce 44 kalibre kısa menzil namlu üretiyordu yeni tankta 55 kalibre 120 mm uzun menzil üretecek. ASELSAN tankın alış kontrol sistemini üretecek Otokar da tüm bunları entegre edecek."

In english:
Research on the development of the "National Tank" (as the Turkish new mbt is referred to in Turkish) is continuing. Until april (08) we will sign prototype production agreemenet with main contractor firm Otokar. In this project Roketsan will provide the armour, MKEK will provide the gun barrel. They (MKEK) had been producing 44 calibre short range barrels before, but for the new tank they will be producing a 55 calibre 120mm long range barrels. Aselsan will be producing the fire-control suites and Otokar will entegrate all this.

I wonder what the cooperation of Roketsan is with Tubitak regarding the armour.

Cheers.

kay_man

is this a confirmed news article?

coz if isnt this may as well could be an elaborate prank........paste a foto of a cool looking toy (completely unrealistic) and then write impressive gooogoogaaagaa blah blah about it.

it could be made up!:p:

s3kiz

coz if isnt this may as well could be an elaborate prank........paste a foto of a cool looking toy (completely unrealistic) and then write impressive gooogoogaaagaa blah blah about it.

Although the pic you might have seen with a model/drawing of a tank is not, the Turkish National Main Battle Tank Project is officially underway:

http://www.ssm.gov.tr/EN/Projeler/karaaraclari/prjgrptank/Pages/MITUP__K.aspx

Its not an international "googoogaaagaa blah blah" prank. :haha

Cheers.

s3kiz

it would suck if they didnt chose that designe i mean it will
Yasin why will the new Turkish mbt named Altay, that we are yet to see, thats undergoing and many of us dont have extreme details of its technology, capability and even what it looks like "suck" if the private concept you are referring to shown in this thread as an example was not to be the Altay?

What do you know of the developments of the Altay Tank?

What do you know of the multitude of the design concepts we see in the Turkish media including the one shown here?

How do you compare what you know and claim that it will "suck"?

Instead of posting coments just to post a comment and raising your post count pls contribue with your intellectual assest.

I'm sure its not just me as a Turk getting annoyed with such non-sensical postings but anyone and everyone that clicks on a thread to read/learn/get an insight into something they are interested in.

I dont mean to be rude, and I apoligize if reading this is a bit harsh, but this is for all of us, pls lets all pay some attention to this.

(im sorry i guess im grumpy today)

Cheers.

Titanium

That elaborate prank is Arjun ..........courasy DRDO:nutkick