New Coronavirus threat

hauritz

When I see videos of these idiots punching each other out over a few rolls of toilet paper it makes me wonder if it would be that great a loss if a super virus came along and wiped us all out.

ASSAIL

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
The panicked idiots are international, not the preserve of any one nation. Just look at these “ladies” in Oz.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
The panicked idiots are international, not the preserve of any one nation. Just look at these “ladies” in Oz.
I see two of the combatants have been charged. Hope it was the two that wouldn't share. Latest update out of Australia is that after the COVID-19 crisis dies down, there will be a run on laxatives to use up all that hoarded dunny paper. Don't worry there's been a run on the supermarkets in Auckland as well. Can't understand why myself.

At lakes

The two who not would not share one packet of dunny paper, or what it used to be known as the only true government white paper, and spoke with an accent suggesting possible southern European have both been charged with affray. The other lady who appears to be of African decent has not been charged.

ASSAIL

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
The two who not would not share one packet of dunny paper, or what it used to be known as the only true government white paper, and spoke with an accent suggesting possible southern European have both been charged with affray. The other lady who appears to be of African decent has not been charged.
This is not ethnicity dependent, they’re Australian along with the thousands who’ve succumbed to the herd mentality.

hauritz

We have our first major celebrity with COVID 19. Tom Hanks and his wife have both tested positive. Possibly more significant is that they caught it in Australia while filming a new movie on the Gold Coast.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
We have our first major celebrity with COVID 19. Tom Hanks and his wife have both tested positive. Possibly more significant is that they caught it in Australia while filming a new movie on the Gold Coast.
Well you Aussies were taught to share :p Memo to self. Email Jacinda, cough, cough, splutter, and suggest that she places entry ban on Australia :D

A Foreign Policy article that discusses Why Are We So Scared of the Coronavirus? Quite interesting and well worth the read. The Germans have even come up with a word for all those who are panic buying toilet paper etc., Hamsterkauf . So all you Aussie now have a name for your toilet paper buying fetish.

hauritz

Well you Aussies were taught to share :p Memo to self. Email Jacinda, cough, cough, splutter, and suggest that she places entry ban on Australia :D

A Foreign Policy article that discusses Why Are We So Scared of the Coronavirus? Quite interesting and well worth the read. The Germans have even come up with a word for all those who are panic buying toilet paper etc., Hamsterkauf . So all you Aussie now have a name for your toilet paper buying fetish.
Last I checked there were about 600,000 Kiwi's living in Oz and a disproportionate number of those lived on the Gold Coast. So good luck with that entry ban.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

The strange habits of some people. If you cant get the dunny paper at the shop then go to the factory warehouse
Strange behavior indeed. First thing to ask is do they have food, water and security taken care of? If you have no food to eat, you are not going to be using the bathroom that often anyway. Plus, if security is not there, no amount of toilet paper can stop you from shitting your pants.

ASSAIL

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Strange behavior indeed. First thing to ask is do they have food, water and security taken care of? If you have no food to eat, you are not going to be using the bathroom that often anyway. Plus, if security is not there, no amount of toilet paper can stop you from shitting your pants.
Just proves to me that most people who panic over this disease are simply full of it!

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My local supermarket didn’t have a roll left today, didn’t think this foolishness was significant until now.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
One possible side effect of COVID-19 is that it might just kill globalism as we know it, The Coronavirus Is Killing Globalization as We Know It. One advantage of that happening would be the shortening of supply lines and less dependence upon the "just in time" delivery mode that prevails at the moment. Disadvantage of losing the "just in time" is that companies and organisations will have to devote significant quantities of treasure to holding a goodly supply of spares in stock. I will not hold my breath to wait and see if it happens, but, looking forward, I think that there will be somewhat of a change to the globalisation paradigm.

Boagrius

I think there has been a reaction against globalisation occurring for some time. From Brexit, to the popularity of multiple leaders selling themselves on nationalistic platforms across the globe to the return of great power competition, the world appears to be stepping back behind national boundaries on multiple fronts.

hauritz

More COVID-19 casualties. Canada's first lady has been confirmed and Junior has decided to self-isolate. Peter Dutton is also down and one has to wonder how many cabinet members may have also been affected. The Royal Easter show is also gone and as of next week, all major sporting events will be played in front of empty stands.

Meanwhile I am down to my last roll of toilet paper so things are starting to look a little grim in my household.

seaspear

TEXT DELETED. 3 POINTS AWARDED FOR A POLITICAL POST. POINTS WILL BE DELETED AFTER 3 MONTHS IF POSTERS BEHAVIOUR IS ACCEPTABLE TO THE MODERATORS.
NGATIMOZART

Last edited by a moderator: