Military Gallery Picture Updates

mysterious

Re: Gallery Picture Updates

Ahan! Well I'm waiting for the new project about the picture gallery to get over anxiously! Plus there was someone who was saying he was trying to add Pakistani army and airforce in to some PC game; looking forward to hearing something on that as well from that person!

adsH

mysterious said:
Ahan! Well I'm waiting for the new project about the picture gallery to get over anxiously! Plus there was someone who was saying he was trying to add Pakistani army and airforce in to some PC game; looking forward to hearing something on that as well from that person!
Its realy hard to add Additional characters, because you can add in new character faces ie. Models) but not based on there original attributes ie the quality and its hard to be unbiased when making the qualities so thats the reason why games aren't ment to have different armies but the old german and the old Iraqi armies were acceptable enemies lol Usually people just extract an american character and map the 3D model of a Pakistani character on to the same personality attributes. :)

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gallery has been a busy place as far as uploading of the pictures is concerned over the past few weeks.

The work on the gallery project is going but going slow. It should pick up the pace as its organization is becoming a necessity.

BTW, the person who floated this whole thing is no where to be seen! Amazing, isn't it? :lol

mysterious

Yeah I know, I was just being sarcastic. He probably made some tall claims to become 'known' around here. :smokingc:

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

mysterious said:
Yeah I know, I was just being sarcastic. He probably made some tall claims to become 'known' around here. :smokingc:
He just floated the idea that we should have gallery organized by type of equipment as well... didn't make any concessions on getting some work done to complete that task (thats what I meant!). :D

mysterious

Uh oh! I think I got confused and made the last post in accordance to something else!!! In my last post, I kinda drifted away to some other place and was referring to this guy who said he was going to put a Pakistani Army in some military game!!! Sorry about that. I got carried away; didnt really see its all about gallery picture updates here. :D

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

Another lesson learnt, I hope. We can avoid and get rid of potential problems if we read everything first. ;)

Enjoy!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Solid has been uploading some fantastic military pictures, mainly those related to China. Good work Solid!

Also, a request: If you see something wrong or no albums in an category or any other abnormal thing that you witness please please report it to me in this thread or PM.

Thanks, enjoy!!!

mysterious

I noticed one thing, a thousand of those pics without comments or discriptions. ;) Pleeeeaasseee people, whoever uploads pictures, do write something as to what the equipment is, if in action then whats it doing 'n' stuff like that you know. Will be really appreciated I tell ya. :smokingc: And oh yeah, thnx for all the new pics people (all of those who are putting 'em up in the gallery).

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Okay, here is the deal guys.

I have made a group called: Picture Uploaders here
http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/groupcp.php

Please log in and request membership for that group. You will be approved if you have more than 125 posts or if you have uploaded 100 or more pictures to the gallery.

What do you get?

For starters you will not need admin authorization for any pictures that you upload in the future. So, as soon as you upload it goes straight to the database, ready for visitors and members to view. I hope that solves the problem that it takes some times for the pics to get approved, etc. :)

If you believe you are a good reason for an exception and good enough that I should over rule these membership rules, please send me a PM. I will consider your request. :)

Enjoy!!!

Winter

WebMaster said:
Okay, here is the deal guys.

I have made a group called: Picture Uploaders here
http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/groupcp.php

Please log in and request membership for that group. You will be approved if you have more than 125 posts or if you have uploaded 100 or more pictures to the gallery.

What do you get?

For starters you will not need admin authorization for any pictures that you upload in the future. So, as soon as you upload it goes straight to the database, ready for visitors and members to view. I hope that solves the problem that it takes some times for the pics to get approved, etc. :)

If you believe you are a good reason for an exception and good enough that I should over rule these membership rules, please send me a PM. I will consider your request. :)

Enjoy!!!
As a sidenote, how do we check how many uploads we have? Also, I left a few NZ pics from a while back in the World Army/Navy sections rather than the new NZ directory...

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Winter, still working on the issue that how do we check... thats why I included the 125 posts option.

Gallery is undergoing some standardization and reorganization. Everything should be fixed soon. ;)

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro

the gallery upload is getting rather troublesome as i almost spent 5 minutes looking for the section im going to upload my pics to. it's hard to find the place u need the pics to upload to with hundreds of different sections. im wondering if a easier way can be found to upload the pic without having to look long time for the right section.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Pathfinder,

I know exactly what you mean and that is why we are re-organizing the gallery.

Starting with airforces sections and moving down the chain to army then to naval. Will end up with more albums since each unit will have its own album instead of each type of unit having their albums. China [category] > airforce[category] > fighters[album] >having pics of J10, FC-1, J-12 all in one doesn't look too good. So, going to break them down to:

China [category] > airforce[category] > fighters [category] > then albums on various fighter units for that particular airforce(in this case china).

When a user goes to upload a pic of F-16 or J-10 he will see:
Fighters > F-14
Fighters > F-15
Fighters > F-16
Fighters > J-9
Fighters > J-10
etc.
this all goes with this: www.defencetalk.com/forums/site.php

Alsol, the new weapons section will follow the same format. ;)

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro

how long b4 the gallery can be reorganized?? i got dozens of pics to upload but the scattered sections is giving me a hard time to do so.