Military Gallery Picture Updates

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
This thread is dedicated to keeping track of updates made to the gallery as far as adding pictures, etc. is concerned. It would help you guys stay in touch with the latest pictures that we may add.

So far, over 100 pics of Asian aerospace shows have been added. Including some from Dubai airshow 2003 and 2002.

Also added pics from IMDEX Asia 2001 which you may have seen before.

Check out Special Events category for these pics:

http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/index.php?cat=50

Ciao

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: Gallery Picture Updates

A lots of pictures related to Aero India have been added and many will come next few days.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

Update:

New pictures added in Air Shows section. The pictures are of MAKS 2003. The Moscow Air Show (Mezhdunarodnyi Aviatsionno-Kosmicheskiy Salon 2003, or MAKS 2003), which took place from 19-24 August at Zhukovsky near Moscow featuring Russian aerospace industry.

Some previews:

Naval variant of Su-27...

:D

Still have more pics for this album and will be adding descriptions once all pics uploaded.

Link:
http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=201

Ciao

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
RAF museum London

Nice!
Man I was in England couple of weeks ago and went to the Royal Air Force museum at Hendon (in London). Just my freaking luck that the camera screws up right on time ....and I had to buy one of those stupid one-use cameras. As expected all the pictures taken inside the museum came out like crap!!!! :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad It was classical Murphy's law in action.
Anyway just hope i get to go there soon enough. I'll take a digi cam...loads of batteries and SD cards..and photograph all the bloody 200+ aircraft housed inside!! :smokingc: :smokingc:
Then you guys can enjoy it too.

Winter

Must be Mircrosoft Flight Simulator...?

Good idea actually...Download some models off the web, find a nice pose in the game using the 3rd person cameras, ramp up the software to maximum graphics and you have some good screenshots.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

Winter said:
Must be Mircrosoft Flight Simulator...?

Good idea actually...Download some models off the web, find a nice pose in the game using the 3rd person cameras, ramp up the software to maximum graphics and you have some good screenshots.
Can't say. I haven't used MS Flight Sim. :( Umair, could you please find out how "airmalik" made these models? :cop

Londo Molari

Can't say. I haven't used MS Flight Sim. Umair, could you please find out how "airmalik" made these models?
As far as I know, he didn't make the models. He altered some of the texture image files, to put Pakistani flags/serial-numbers/camoflauge. Then he took screenshots while playing the game. Thats why the models have a low number of polygons... because they are in-game. But it looks cool.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

Londo Molari said:
Can't say. I haven't used MS Flight Sim. Umair, could you please find out how "airmalik" made these models?
As far as I know, he didn't make the models. He altered some of the texture image files, to put Pakistani flags/serial-numbers/camoflauge. Then he took screenshots while playing the game. Thats why the models have a low number of polygons... because they are in-game. But it looks cool.
Thanks. Still nice pictures. Atleast he did some work to put Pakistan's info in there. :p

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Another batch of 100+ or so pictures approved.

25+ of them in Afghan War section thanks to Black Bamba for uploading them.

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer

Nice work everyone. I think the game which Air Malik used is "Ace Combat" or something...but I could be wrong.

Winter

shamayel said:
Nice work everyone. I think the game which Air Malik used is "Ace Combat" or something...but I could be wrong.
I think that's only a console game...

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
A lots of pictures were added to INDIA and CHINA sections recently. Thanks to Indus and flanker for uploading pictures. Some pics in defence shows were also added.

Other thing I would like to point out is that there are albums with pics but no descriptions or titles. Those that we upload, we are working to add descriptions, etc. But if some user uploads please try to fill as much information as possible.

TITILE (small name of the pic)
Description (full description of the pic)
Keywords (for search, try to enter as many as possible)

Just helps others find the pictures easily.

Thanks, ENJOY!!!

umair

Peace Enforcer

Winter said:
shamayel said:
:cop aaaaaaaan! :cop wrong every body.The game is the latest study sim to come out and is called LOMAC(Lock On Modern Air Combat) and in order to play this baby u have to have a REALLY SOUPED UP system.Believe me this game requires a lot from ones system(I had to put in 512 MB ram just for it :D ).

Winter

umair said:
Winter said:
shamayel said:
:cop aaaaaaaan! :cop wrong every body.The game is the latest study sim to come out and is called LOMAC(Lock On Modern Air Combat) and in order to play this baby u have to have a REALLY SOUPED UP system.Believe me this game requires a lot from ones system(I had to put in 512 MB ram just for it :D ).
Yep, LOMAC...PC combat flight sims are generally not my thing. In fact, I've never bothered to purchase one, as I rarely buy games anyway. I was tempted by the very authentic IL-2 Sturmovik, recreating the epic Eastern front, but I'm a miser when it comes to that. : )

It was affiliated with a naval sim, Harpoon 4, which I was very tempted by, as I was impressed with the updated original, which came out going on a decade ago. It was in development for several years, and I waited for it...Then the whole dang got cancelled. Well.

Sorry for the hyjack, Webs. The gallery is looking up, though...Come will be the day of a 10,000 image gallery. Another thing to pin my hopes - whoops, I mean, look forward to.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
New pictures of PAF c-130s landing. New becuase I have not seen them before. :p In Pakistan >> Airforce |category.