Military Gallery Picture Updates

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Gary.

I see you uploaded a lots of pics. If you have too many just zip em up and email to me so I can add them through FTP. Its much faster.

Or make an australia folder in FTP and give you access? :D

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
I was reading crzyguy's comments in gallery...

We should organize the gallery down to the unit level instead of branch level.

Right now its something like this:

Army
Navy
Airforce (so pics related to a countries airforce endup in this album, mixing all jets up.

What I am thinking of doing is this

Category (army) Albums (albums with unit names one for each so if a country has 4 different variants of tanks, 4 different albums. It maybe much easier for you guys to find and locate certain units.

An example of this would be if you go in USA section, click on airforce. Each jet has its own album. ;)

mysterious

Re: Gallery Picture Updates

Yeah. That would be a wise thing to do. I have that same style of keeping pics in my computer. :smokingc:

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Thats nice.

I also wanted to share something which is already going through some development:

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/site.php

Regarding an idea floated by saraab to organize the gallery by unit/military hardware rather than country. So this plan is still in its infancy. Soon after re-organization of the gallery its self more work will be done on this particular idea.

mysterious

I think the link that u just posted is great. It still needs more work but yeah, that should be right format/layout. Great work :cheers

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

The re-organization of the gallery is coming along just fine, a bit slow but steady:

Example:

http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/index.php?cat=37

Please click on the "airforce" section and see the layout. After you are in click on the "fighters" section and you will notice that each unit has its own album. This will allow us to link all equipment that will be listed here:

www.defencetalk.com/forums/site.php

More user friendly, you will be able to search by equipment/type/country/military branch, etc.

Enjoy!!!

Frozen Hell

WebMaster said:
The re-organization of the gallery is coming along just fine, a bit slow but steady:

Example:

http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/index.php?cat=37

Please click on the "airforce" section and see the layout. After you are in click on the "fighters" section and you will notice that each unit has its own album. This will allow us to link all equipment that will be listed here:

www.defencetalk.com/forums/site.php

More user friendly, you will be able to search by equipment/type/country/military branch, etc.

Enjoy!!!
This is going to be good. Looking forward to it when its done! :smokingc:

mysterious

Its a good beginning but I'd say there is still a lot of work that needs to be done on this link as far as the "capital" letters at the beginning of the aircrafts' names and other places are concerned (the small letters at the beginning make it look a bit unsophisticated); and some other stuff. Other than that, GREAT WORK Webs! :smokingc:

mysterious

Cant you people see sooo many aircraft names and other things needing CAPITAL letters at the beginning? Small letters make it look childish man! Plus, its kind of a jumbled up thing. I'd rather prefer separate catagories and some space between different country equipment and stuff. How abt that? :smokingc:

mysterious

I'm talking about this link:

http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/photoindex.php

Even though if its a list of all the pictures as you have stated above, it kinda looks like everything just crammed up into everything else. I mean I found it confusing a bit and like a lot of it needs Capital letters. :p No hard feelings though. The military gallery here is one of the best around! :smokingc:

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

Yeah.

We don't have any control over that. The names, etc. are coming straight from the sql database and same names are found individually when you click their categories/albums. That page is basically for search engines, optionally you can also use to finds pics but its too long so thats why it isn't related to the other project being worked out. ;)