Malaysian Army/Land forces discussions

Manfred

Well, Toemao, that sounds pretty harsh, but I just heard something today that makes me wonder...

They have been supplying terrorists that have been blowing up Bhuddists in Thailand for years. Now they have empowered religious police to arrest or just beat-up couples that are holding hands or kissing in public (anywhere they can be seen doing it).

Not very nice people. I wonder what they are planning to do with thier armor?

Zzims

I see we got another "genius" who just joined. Welcome...
Obviously.. Good way to post your first post.

Well, Toemao, that sounds pretty harsh, but I just heard something today that makes me wonder...

They have been supplying terrorists that have been blowing up Bhuddists in Thailand for years. Now they have empowered religious police to arrest or just beat-up couples that are holding hands or kissing in public (anywhere they can be seen doing it).

Oh really? So were trying to blow up Buddhist and take over the southern Provinces. Rather a bias accusation. Malaysia has offered to mediate the peace talks between the Thai Gov and the Insurgency, which if peace prevails would benefit us greatly other then having a Civil war in Thailand.

qwerty223

Obviously.. Good way to post your first post.

Oh really? So were trying to blow up Buddhist and take over the southern Provinces. Rather a bias accusation. Malaysia has offered to mediate the peace talks between the Thai Gov and the Insurgency, which if peace prevails would benefit us greatly other then having a Civil war in Thailand.
No need to export la.. we have enough buddhist to blow... but NEVER heard before? :D

Last edited:

renjer

Yes, like weasel said, welcome to the the thread. I think you should pay Malaysia a visit. As a tourist, of course, and not some SOF operative sent to "take out" the bad guys. Your previous posts make interesting reading.

Your experience in Malaysia would probably be similar to what captured North Korean agents felt after seeing South Korean supermarkets, shopping malls and homes. In KL, Bintang Walk and the Beach Club might interest you.

BTW, this year is Visit Malaysia Year 2007. So beware, there will be lots of events organised by the thought police to brainwash unsuspecting foreigners.

renjer

That would turn the 4th into a brigade of 3 maneuver units made up of 1 tank and 2 mechanized infantry battalions. Tranfer the remaining mech battalion into the 1st. Mechanized 1 infantry battalion from the 1st and raise another tank battalion for this brigade. A "fast" method to have 2 mech brigades.

Zzims

I dont want to be a party pooper, Its great that Malaysia is getting MBT's to strengthen our Land forces. But it seems were sacrificing tank "ability" for tank "reliablity". ?_?

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
it doesnt matter what they have , the malays dont have the guts to fight , unless they re finding the chinese in singapor or some other neighboring country
This is a rather "racial" type of comment. I wonder why the mods let this one be. to provide a similar racial type of answer, we malays are not an agressive type. but that doesn't mean we're timid. history have shown that we malays always rise up when the occasion calles. i don't know if you all ever heard of the battle in Sungai Manik and in Batu Pahat during the post japanese occupation period. it's a battle between a malays and a communist influenced chinese.

The allegations goes without proper proof. even if you know for certain that malaysia did supply the explosives, you still need to present a proper proof. i should say that it's just thailand's way to cover their incompetencies by pointing at others.

I should ask that question to the Thais. they've been invading malay states for ages. Pattani was a malay state, and there's still former kedah territory never given back after the siam ended their occupation of Kedah. compare to what the thai have, malaysian inventory are mediocare by comparison.

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
I think the price was the problem.

You might have purchased state of the art equipment but you would have not been able to get the same numbers.

And you still get a good tank.

Only the armor could be a problem in the future as the Leopards you are facing have an option to upgrade their armor the PTs have not.

The rest of the euqipment of the PT-91M is good, especially compared to the original PT-91.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
From what the review among other Tanks tested, Some have better Armour suxh as T-84, LeClerc and such.
What would the average tank engagement range be that they would be required to fight in, also what other type of armor would it have to go against in this regoin of the world besides LEO 2 A4`s.