JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 / Super-7 Discussions

lalith prasad

Banned Member
Re: FC-1 / Super 7 / JF-17

indian jets have mostly western avionics(su30-french,israeli and indian,mig21-93french,israeli and indian,jaguars and mirages french,mig27 indian and israeli,mig29 and mig23 russian) but the way did you know chilean airforce f-5 upgraded by israeli avionics were able to kick us f-16's ass in a joint excercise. dont know which type of f16 it was ,israeli avionics are amongst the best in the world they are used on chilean f-5's ,turkish f16s and phantoms,singaporeans f-16 ,mig29 sniper (poland i think).

adsH

turkish donnot use Israeli Avionics for there newly produced fighters they might and i must stress might if never have used them to upgrade there old batches. Turkish produce licence versions of the block 50 at home that use only approved avionics.

About people trying to say that "Swedish can't compare with Israeli Avionics" then i wouldn't putt my money on it. BAE is a research partner of Saab so they do collude on concepts i doubt Israeli's can compare to the British made high tech EW system.

the Israelis are brilliant at what they do but that does not mean that they can beat an establish defense article producer like BAE at what they do for a living.

teh EF2000 demo flight video is with webs now it is kind of big so he has to reduce the size and post it on the site, you can ask him about the Files.

muslim282

l don,t deny the fact that israeli avionics are good, but lets remember that israel is not an innovator but instead a refiner and improver of copied technologies.
Miragelll.....kafir ring a bell. The python story ?
israel buys american and then copies then claims it as something new.Most countries do this now. On the hand however,
Swedish avionics has a long history and a good one as well. Most of all being an innovator.
Ask NASA how much of their space technology is from swedish and japanese origin.
Indian planes may have israeli avionics, but hey what a combination, israeli avionics, russian plane parts and engine though not always on time and of poor quality, indian software, indian construction of the whole thing, odds and ends from various parts of europe, and we have a so called indeginous indian plane of which about 10% is made in india.
" The JF17 looks forward to meeting the light combat ASS"

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro

Why do ppl realy like to see a JF-17 v/s LCA match. Why cant we just put JF-17 against some thing that comes into its league. M talking as nuetral person when I say that LCA doesnt looks like its in the league with JF-17. As my youngest brother of 11 yrs says for LCA "looks like its made up of plastic" Considering its light body (if light than definetly weak) I doubt LCA would be able to carry heavy weapons.

But still LCA flies & can fight, so we do ve to applaued Indians on that.

We should Put JF-17 against some thing like F-16s Block 50 or 60 & Mirage 2000-5/9. We should bring JF-17s value & Caliber equal or higher to these jets. Which will make MiG 19,21 way more inferior & Mig 29 & Jaguar a bit inferior to JF-17. The world has already taken notice of JF-17. The Germans, French, American, Italians, Greeks all have info abt FC-1/JF-17 on their Aviation sites refering to both China & Pakistan. So dnt blow up the Clibar of JF-17 by putting it against a plastic.

P.A.F

lol :D: .

JF-17's league:

1. f-16
2. Mirage 2000-5/9

anymore to add? i think it's performance is somewhere inbetween these two aircrafts.

ashoaib

ashoaib said:
JF-17 is better than F-16 A/B in many respect (BVR consideration).
there is a room left to upgrade and enhance JF-17 if fitted with high tech can come closer to mirage 2005/9, air refueling is underconsideration thats why overall cost rise from 10 million to 15.

srirangan

Banned Member
> As my youngest brother of 11 yrs says for LCA "looks like its made up of
> plastic" Considering its light body (if light than definetly weak) I doubt LCA
> would be able to carry heavy weapons.

SABRE, light does not mean weak. I can't believe what you base your belief's on.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro

P.A.F said:
lol :D: .

JF-17's league:

1. f-16
2. Mirage 2000-5/9

anymore to add? i think it's performance is somewhere inbetween these two aircrafts.
If its performance is some where between those two than JF-17 is in the F-16 & Mirage2000/5/9 than its in their league. Besides as ashoaib & I believe that JF-17 with right technologycan come to par with Mirage2000/5/9.

srirangan said:
> As my youngest brother of 11 yrs says for LCA "looks like its made up of
> plastic" Considering its light body (if light than definetly weak) I doubt LCA
> would be able to carry heavy weapons.

SABRE, light does not mean weak. I can't believe what you base your belief's on.
I dont mean weak in a sense that when it goes super sonic the speed will tare it apart. Not that week. I dnt knw how to explain it & there is no better word than weak in my mind for what I want to say.

But my favoring JF-17 doesnt mean that I am talking against LCA Sri. As neutral obsorver I applaud LCA on the basis that its not a joint venture & is Indias own. Like JF-17 its good for IAF old MiG-19,21 replacements. If any jets can replace MiG-21 from PAF & IAF they r good, better & best.
I am coming out of my Pakistani self & telling u this truth cause now days u r in control & Behaving well. U r giving respect & getting respect ;) :D:

P.A.F

I dont mean weak in a sense that when it goes super sonic the speed will tare it apart. Not that week. I dnt knw how to explain it & there is no better word than weak in my mind for what I want to say.
hey would Volatile be the right word or not?

adsH

reasoning is flawed here, LCA is made out of standardized aviation composite body construction material (the main body is still metal constructed), teh wings and various other composite structures are from Italy, the entire Ac was designed and tested in France with desault.the engine is american and most of the avionics too. i really don't see how its of week construction. LCA is a light support Platform.

P.A.F

Yeah and thats the point. if it's a light support platform then it shouldn't be compared with the JF-17 :)

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro

P.A.F said:
Yeah and thats the point. if it's a light support platform then it shouldn't be compared with the JF-17 :)
Exactly what I wanted to say.

P.A.F said:
hey would Volatile be the right word or not?
Nah ... its pointing towards the same week srirangan miss understood.

Look at it like way: Its just not strong like JF-17. Wont be able to carry heavy weapons. Its not a bad jet u knw if u look at it from a neutral view not as a Pakistan. But u ll still c it inferior to JF-17. Both seem to be in different league on different platforms.

P.A.F

at the end of the day it depends on the avionics in the aircarft and the pilot who flys them ;). both aircraft are good but the JF-17 would be better then the LCA but i have to say that the LCA does look better. :)

Originally posted by P.A.F:
on top of that i'm sure that briton would not hesitate to sell the euro-fighter to pakistan except if the US says no .

hey !! the US has no say in this,Its our technology and we can sell it to who ever we want to. I can't see why the US would object, and that the Uk would listen to the objection, the UK does not try and stop US from supplying its tech fighter or other weapons to nations that we have problems with.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

I thought I wouldn't have to do this.

This isn't thread on LCA vs JF-17. This isn't a thread on comparing LCA with JF-17 or vice versa. Its STRICTLY about FC-1 / Super 7 / JF-17 so only post related info.

There is a JF-17 vs LCA thread, go search for it and discuss THAT topic in THAT thread.

So going back to the topic, whats new with JF-17, any new developments? Anyone? Anyone?

P.A.F

Hey cool it webmaster. what me and sabre are trying to say is that the LCA shouldn't be compared with the JF-17. therefore we ain't going to discuss it anymore. ;)

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro

P.A.F said:
Hey cool it webmaster. what me and sabre are trying to say is that the LCA shouldn't be compared with the JF-17. therefore we ain't going to discuss it anymore. ;)
P.A.F is right Webii ;) .

There is No point in comparing JF-17 with LCA besides there used to be another link for this. Any one who wants to discuss it, find the thread & take it there.

PAKISTANI_9JAWAN said:
Originally posted by P.A.F:
on top of that i'm sure that briton would not hesitate to sell the euro-fighter to pakistan except if the US says no .

hey !! the US has no say in this,Its our technology and we can sell it to who ever we want to. I can't see why the US would object, and that the Uk would listen to the objection, the UK does not try and stop US from supplying its tech fighter or other weapons to nations that we have problems with.
I guess u made a mistake. This is suposed to be in "Which Jet should PAF opt for?" & the one you lef there belongs here.

Hay Webii, swaping needed here !!!

WebMaster said:
whats new with JF-17, any new developments? Anyone? Anyone?
Realy ppl answer this question. This thread used to be the hottest, but its gone cold & its been cold for some times now. Lets reopen this X-file, Shall we. Find some thing new?
Atleast discuss two seater JF-17 & JF-17 for navy. That reminds me, we dont have air craft careers & we dont need one, so why do we want JF-17 for navy. & When we give JF-17 to navy that would mean that PN will have its own pilots (separatly trained & assigned only to PN) just like USNavy. These pilots would have nothing to do with PAF or PN would borrow pilots from PAF?

ashoaib

How is JF-17 in manoeuvers? better than latest F-16 or inferrior to F-16?

PAKISTANI_9JAWAN, I dont understand what you are trying to say.

P.A.F

Hey SABRE i don't think PN pilots will be different from the PAF. They would train in PAF acadamys but fly in the airforce. i think this because the standards in the PAF are to good to miss out on :D:

hey asohaib i think the JF-17 in terms of manoeuvers is equal or a tiny bit inferior to the F-16 :)