Germany to acquire F-35 for the Luftwaffe

Vivendi

Finally sombody fell for it. Yes!
Go visit militaryphotos.net, in the General Discussion section -- a guy called *zeven* found your joke, did not check the date, and presented it as news... After a few posts somebody noticed it was a joke... :D Poor *zeven* has now asked the mods to close the thread but I think it's still open.

V

Falstaff

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Go visit militaryphotos.net, in the General Discussion section -- a guy called *zeven* found your joke, did not check the date, and presented it as news... After a few posts somebody noticed it was a joke... :D Poor *zeven* has now asked the mods to close the thread but I think it's still open.

V
Oh thanks mate, this is so awesome. :eek:nfloorl: Even when somebody said it was a joke they keep on discussing. Thanks a lot for this link!

A

Aussie Digger

Moved according to requests as this thread was originally intended as an April fool's joke.

Sorry folks, Germany has no announced plans to acquire the F-35 Lightning II aircraft.

That is all.

Crusader2000

Banned Member
This may be a bit surprising for most of us, but Germany's defence secretary Jung in a parliamentary debate (broadcasted by TV) just stated that Germany will buy F-35s as a replacement for the remaining Tornado fleet in the past-2015 timeframe. He said that chancellor Merkel talked about the matter with president Obama during their meeting last week. And the interesting thing is, as Germany would never accept a plane they can't modify to their requirements, the delivered F-35s will not be completely outfitted but be ready to be stuffed with German and European stuff, e.g. a European AESA etc. The German F-35 is to be named the "Eurolightning" and will have a sophisticated set of non-lethal or less than lethal weapons designed to provide a whole new level of peacekeeping.

Apart from the fact that this was rumoured for quite a long time, this makes sense to me. At least the F-35 will be able to fulfill the Tornado ECR-role and add a few things. And a completely indigenous Tornado replacement would take some time...

Do you have a link???:confused: