Future Weapons

mexsoldier

we should invest in defense but not in attack

the world has a lot of weapons, nuclear bombs, missiles, guns, but do we have something enough to avoid them?, we can destroy, but, do we can defend ourselves of an atomic xplosion?, if we can develop destruction, we can develop defense systems enough to avoid that threats

nero

future guns

. FUTURISTIC SUB-MACHINE GUNS

the H&K MP7A1

the ultimate futuristic gun according to me.

The weapon allows a conventional 20-round or 40-round box magazine to be fit within the pistol grip (the former being comparable in size to a 15-round 9 mm magazine, while the latter compares to a 30-round 9 mm magazine). The weapon features an ambidextrous fire-select lever and rear cocking grip. It has an extendable stock and a folding front grip. It can be fired either one-handed or two-handed.

mexsoldier

the best weapon

i think that the best weapon is the one that could destroy the infraestructure but not the lifes of inocent people, for example these bombs used in iraq or afganistan that could melt computer chips, somelike electromagnetic bombs , it could be good because you make the enemy get weaker , and not killing 1000 people in one shot.

falcon2k7

. FUTURISTIC SUB-MACHINE GUNS

the H&K MP7A1

the ultimate futuristic gun according to me.

The weapon allows a conventional 20-round or 40-round box magazine to be fit within the pistol grip (the former being comparable in size to a 15-round 9 mm magazine, while the latter compares to a 30-round 9 mm magazine). The weapon features an ambidextrous fire-select lever and rear cocking grip. It has an extendable stock and a folding front grip. It can be fired either one-handed or two-handed.

My money is still with the P90/Five-seveN combo since it's already out there in service with a lot of CT units and specops folks and has both the sub-machine gun varient and pistol with a proven tract record. The 4.6mm pistol is still under development the last time I checked. The P90 is ambidextrous (important to me as southpaw) and a 50-round top loading magazine.

Full disclosure: I do own a Five-seveN USG.

Personally I see the 6.8mm as the next rifle round as folks swing back around to larger more powerful rounds. I also see the Bullpulp configuration being the most used set up in the world. Especially since the Israelis and FN have figured out ways to make sure a southpaw can fire such a weapon without breaking their jaw. (Talking specifically of the L85/SA80)

Drones are going to make a lot of weapons obsolete including the large aircraft carriers as we know them today. In fact I predict that Air Craft carriers are already to the point of the Battleship in WW2. They are too big and too expensive. Smaller cruiser sized modular based ships with a small hanger deck for drones/UCAV's are probably the largest warship's we'll see.

4th generation Thermonuclear weapons (aka Fusion Bombs)...all the bang without all the nasty radioactive side effects. The flip side is then you have weapons that are more usable in situations like the Daisy Cutter and MOAB.

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
MP7 is in service with the Bundeswehr (numbers are growing with main emphasis on units on deployment)) as well as with some other forces in small numbers all around the globe (police forces, etc.).

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Lasers?
You can put any toy you want onto your MP5 as long as you use picatinny rails.

T-95

great news !

but can anyone help me with news on the THAAD missile-defencesystem

how does the THAAD compare with the S-400 ??

also how does the THAAD complement the israeli arrow systems ??

please update on any news about the THAAD

iam interested to know about the minute-details of the system.

It can't compare with S-400 that's the point;) . I think the Arrow 2 is just a PAC-3 system with warheads on the ABM's and can't defend against aircraft(I think).

nero

Khrizantema

It can't compare with S-400 that's the point;) . I think the Arrow 2 is just a PAC-3 system with warheads on the ABM's and can't defend against aircraft(I think).

. thanks a lot mate !!!

can u update me on the AT-15 Khrizantema ????

i heard that they were being sold to china & malaysia ??

is the news true ??

.P.S : i still haven't got my update on the THAAD

metro

I'm not that familiar with the S400, as I haven't seen it in actual deployment/testing, so aside from what others may know or can be read about the system, I can't answer that part.

The Arrow was put into "real" development by Israel after the 1st Gulf War when it became apparent that the Patriot System, in its 1st Generation, "wasn't as advertised."
Today's PAC-3 system is much improved (more than 15 years) and can be moved and deployed "pretty" rapidly and not just on land.

A lot of money has been put into the Arrow (a top priority of Israel). Much of the early versions were closely based on the Patriot System. However the newest generation of the arrow (which is not a Kinetic kill but has an explosive warhead that has a 50m blast zone). The early Arrow was designed almost exclusively to destroy the Scud Variants and then the Shihab missiles. Also the Arrow was designed to work within a "layered missile defense system."
The latest Generation of the Arrow is much improved both in the missiles/launching system, and especially radar.
The Arrow 2 is already "old" technology (as are the early Patriot systems), if you'd like to see the latest generation of the Arrow, look up the "Arrow Mark IV." While many say it's the next generation Arrow, AMD has long been at the top of the list of Israeli Defense funding/need. It is "operational," and is truly a new generation system. It's limitation right now is mobility. While it can act "autonomously," it still is an integrated part of a layered defense system.

As I said, you can "google it" or look it up on a site you're familiar with.

THADD is a hit to kill system. It can be deployed on/off land. I believe it has exo/endosphere capabilities. Again, much more can be looked up regarding THAAD. It can also be used autonomously, but is meat to be ore of a part of integrated/layered system.

Most is off the top of my head, but there are other threads on DT that talk about the systems and the NET is full of info!;)

ALl the best!

Last edited:

metro

The US has also been using a green laser which induces nausea and balance problems. It basically will stop people completely in their tracks.
gf, are you talking about the "portable" lasers which can be used to "'blind' someone in a car that's approaching a check point at a high speed (any similar scenario)" or a laser that works more like something that can produce seizure like episodes (i.e. tapping into areas of the brain that cause similar reactions to occur)?

Or, more of a sonic weapon (maybe something combined), which overwhelms the senses of a person?
Back to my DJ/Music days, depending on the type of speakers, lighting, and a person's location--mostly to speakers-- it's definitely possible to to make someone feel pretty sick by "playing" with the EQ (not getting into engineering of sound) to said speaker he/she is standing near, and using something as simple as decent strobes light to disorient the person... (highly focused sound and lasers are in their own league):unknown

nero

M-468

hi guys it's me again . as u know iam a bit of gun-crazy or savvy, as u may put it

i recently came across the M-468 assault rifle in the barret website.

it's being said that the M-468 which uses a unique 6.8mm bullet is quadrasonic ( i.e it can launch the projectiles at a speed over mach-4)

how true is it ??

can someone in this forum update me on the M-468 ??

i mean which countries, apart from U.S.A is using it & it's effective range.

i need detailed specifications. i would be grateful if someone can provide me with proper info on this deadly system

yasin_khan

Army Eyes Helo-Drone

The Army is considering sending a revolutionary new kind of unmanned aerial vehicle to Iraq that can hover at 20,000 feet over the battlefield for more than eight hours, transmitting infrared and optical imagery to commanders on the ground.
The MQ-8B Fire Scout tactical unmanned aerial vehicle system - which only a few years ago seemed all but dead - is one system Army Vice-Chief of Staff Gen. Richard Cody requested this summer as a possible answer to an urgent battlefield need for unmanned surveillance in Iraq.
Officials with Fire Scout manufacturer Northrop Grumman told Military.com the Army could make a decision on whether to field the vertical take-off and landing drone by the end of August.
If all goes according to plan, the company could field as many as eight MQ-8Bs to units in Iraq by mid-2008.
"We want to get the Army to fly the Fire Scout as early as possible," said Rick Ludwig, Northrop Grumman's director of business development for UAV systems.
The Army is interested in technology like the Fire Scout - which is based on the manned Schweizer 333 helicopter - for its Future Combat Systems Class IV UAV, one of the few drone systems to survive major Army budget cuts in next year's Defense appropriations request.
While the Navy is forging ahead on a ship-board version of the Fire Scout, the Army has yet to decide on some of the critical hardware and software configurations for the FCS version, Ludwig said.
The Fire Scout was originally intended to replace the Marine Corps RQ-2A Pioneer surveillance drone but was shelved in 2002 in favor of the RQ-7B Shadow.
The Navy breathed new life into the Fire Scout program in 2004 to augment its fleet of SH-60 Sea Hawks on future surface ships. The Army began looking at the MQ-8 in 2003 for its FCS drone fleet.
According to Joe Emerson, Northrop Grumman's FCS drone program manager, the Army wants its FCS-capable Fire Scout to have aerial mine detection capability and tactical signals intelligence hardware.
An Iraq deployment in the near term, however, would include infrared sensors and electro-optical cameras to give commanders a birds-eye view of the battlefield. The main sticking point for the Army version remains which flight control system the service wants to use for the drone, Ludwig added.
"They still have to decide what they want in it," he said.
The Navy is on track to field the Fire Scout in the anti-mine, anti-sub and intelligence gathering configurations in 2009 aboard Littoral Combat Ships, Ludwig said. Northrop Grumman is also working on ways to arm the drone with anti-ship munitions, including a variation of the brilliant anti-armor munition, which can orbit autonomously in search of a target after launch.

http://www.defensetech.org/

falcon2k7

What about taking the RV from an ICBM/SLBM and filling it with, say Concrete, instead of a nuclear warhead and fitting the warhead with some type of terminal guidence as a conventional warhead that could be delivered within an hour anywhere on the globe using kinetic energy as the method of kill. Kind of like the Rods on the sat proposal.

Granted, how you'd convince people "No that's not a nuke on that ICBM"...

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
That's exactly what the US is thinking about despite the fact that they want to use explosives and not concrete for the warhead.

I am not sure if this project is still in the pipe.