Flanker Export Thread

Haavarla

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the update.
i think this is the status of Indonesia AF Flanker deal:

"At present they have 1 uncompleted sq with 5 SU 30 and 5 SU 27 (3 will be delivered this year if on schedulled). Sources in here says that another 6 will be the target for next batch, thus will complate 1 full sq of 16 flankers (with 8 SU 30 and 8 SU 27)."

B.t.w. who's in the Malaysian AF tender?

Thanks

T.C.P

There is no tender as far as I know. They're straight up purchases
Do you have any Idea what air craft Malaysia might be getting?Seeing as they are facing problems wuith their SU-30MKMs they might not get more of them.:cool:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you have any Idea what air craft Malaysia might be getting?Seeing as they are facing problems wuith their SU-30MKMs they might not get more of them.:cool:
Oh. My mistake. I have no idea how I read Malaysia as Indonesia.

I don't know who else. I imagine Boeing is a likely candidate. Probably the usual LM, Rafale, Saab...

T.C.P

I have mentioned in other threads about Bangladesh's intention to procure 3 squadrons of new fighters(i.e 48 new aircraft). It was quite apparent from talking to my friends and relatives at the Air Force that the B.A.F prefers the su-27sk above all other aircraft, there is also a lot of interest in the Su-35. even some high Ranking officers in the army told me that Flankers are being highly favored by the people in the Defense Procurement agency.

Non of this official of course and there are no ways of confirming it, but if our current Prime minister's(who also happens to be the Defense minister) admiration of Russian air craft is taken into the equation, we could be getting either new Fulcrums(Mig-29M/SMT) or Flankers.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
From Defense News:

Russia Announces Military Aircraft Sale To Vietnam, Algeria

MOSCOW - Russia said July 20 it had signed agreements to sell 20 Sukhoi fighter planes to Vietnam and 16 to Algeria, news agencies reported. The head of Russia's military technology cooperation service, Alexander Fomine, announced the sales at the Farnborough International Airshow currently underway near London.

The date on which the deal with Vietnam for the SU-30MK2 aircraft was signed was not disclosed.

Fomine said Russia had signed an agreement this year with Algeria, with deliveries of the SU-30MKA aircraft to take place in 2011 and 2012

It's a new deal ? or application/implimentation from previous order. Seems to me the Algerian was from previous order, however it's sign in Farnborough which usually indicated new deal.

Last edited:

Haavarla

Sukhoi to make about 500 warplanes in five years

The Sukhoi Company intends to supply about 500 planes to the Russian Defense Ministry and foreign clients in the next five years, Sukhoi General Director Mikhail Pogosyan said in reply to question from Interfax-AVN in Moscow on Thursday.

“More than 100 warplanes will be produced for the Defense Ministry before 2015. We will sign a few more contracts with the Defense Ministry in the near future I hope, tentatively for over 150 planes,” he said.

More than 300 warplanes will be exported. “Concerning the export portfolio, provided the Sukhoi contracts are combined with those of Irkut, which makes planes for India, the order portfolio will include some 300 planes,” Pogosyan said.

As for the fifth-generation jet, Pogosyan said that phase one of the jet’s trials will end in 2012. “We hope to get test results and to start serial production by that time,” he said.

Sukhoi and MiG plan the annual production of up to 100 jets for the Defense Ministry, Pogosyan said.

Source: Interfax-AVN
DATELINE: MOSCOW. Sept 23

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well currently we're looking at net 80 new jets, Su-35S and Su-34. The Su-27SM and Su-30M2 have already been produced, with (it looks like) the SM already handed over, and M2 in testing right now. So it would only take a small additional contract, for Su-34 or Su-25UBM to reach 100 aircraft. The real figure by 2015 will probably be larger, provided NAPO gets their shit together and finally puts out the Su-34 in quantities. This whole 1-2 airframes per year thing is really not going to work.

tphuang

Super Moderator
Well currently we're looking at net 80 new jets, Su-35S and Su-34. The Su-27SM and Su-30M2 have already been produced, with (it looks like) the SM already handed over, and M2 in testing right now. So it would only take a small additional contract, for Su-34 or Su-25UBM to reach 100 aircraft. The real figure by 2015 will probably be larger, provided NAPO gets their shit together and finally puts out the Su-34 in quantities. This whole 1-2 airframes per year thing is really not going to work.
are the Su-30M2 that RuAF getting basically the same as the ones they sold to China, Vietnam and Venezuela? Now, I know they should be getting the non-export versions, but are they basically the same configurations?

Sandhi Yudha

India intends to order another 42 aircraft (2 meant as replacement for the crashed examples). Vietnam placed an order for 12 Su-30MK2V which was confirmed in February this year (makes in total 24 for the VAF).
Is there a difference between the Vietnamese Su-30MK2V and the chinese and Indonesian Su-30MK2?

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
are the Su-30M2 that RuAF getting basically the same as the ones they sold to China, Vietnam and Venezuela? Now, I know they should be getting the non-export versions, but are they basically the same configurations?
They should be trainers of some sort for the Su-27SMs. The exact configuration is a mystery.

Haavarla

Why not trainers for the new Su-35S?
Is it completly new airframes or just overhauled airframes on those Su-30M2?

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
They're new airframes. The last 12 Su-27SM were also apparently new-builds. I think they were meant to keep the factory production lines busy while the new Su-35S was being prepped for a serial run. I think, I'm not sure, but I think a new Su-35U will be produced. The resource on the Su-27UB is particularly low, since they see much more flight time then the single-seater airframes.

Haavarla

Last 12 SM are new bulids..:confused:
Do you have any source on that one?

Back to the M2..
we know the Su-27UB have both complete mission systems suite and dual trainer stations.

Will it be the same on those Su-30M2?

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't have a source expressely stating that they're new builds, but I do have reliable word on the street. Also all the sources I do have do not mention them as modernized planes, but simply as a contract for aircraft. Here's Sukhoi's official source.

Sukhoi Company (JSC) - News - News

Here's lenta.ru: Lenta.ru: Îðóæèå: Çàâåðøèëèñü èñïûòàíèÿ ïåðâîãî ñåðèéíîãî Ñó-30Ì2

For those of us with Russian, note the word поставки which means deliveries, and is typically used to refer to new equipment.

Here's another tidbit, it says: contracts were signed regarding the delivery of 64 fighter-jets"

Согласно документам, ВВС РФ получат 48 истребителей Су-35С, 12 - Су-27СМ и четыре - Су-30М2. Всего было подписано три государственных контракта, в соответствии с которыми ВВС получат истребители Су-35 в период до 2015 года включительно, Су-27СМ и Су-30М2 - в 2010-2011 годах.

Äâà íîâûõ Ñó-34 ïîñòóïàþò íà âîîðóæåíèå Ëèïåöêîãî àâèàöåíòðà - Îáùåñòâî - Ëèïåöêèå ðåãèîíàëüíûå íîâîñòè Gorod48

It also makes quite a bit of sense. There were parts left on the factory from soviet times, for about ~20 aircraft. Last year the MoD said they would buy out all the factory stocks left over from Soviet times. Now we're getting newly built SMs.

I don't know about the trainer suites in the M2. To be honest nothing is expressedly clear on why they're being purchased in the first place. However they are two-seaters, there is no project for modernizing the Su-27UB, and the only role for two-seaters in the fighter fleet is as combat-trainers. Hence why they're supposed to be train

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aha. Found it.

Надо отметить, что в случае Су-27СМ речь идет не о модернизации строевых машин, которая осуществляется в соответствии с трехлетним контрактом, действие которого заканчивается в этом году, а о достройке самолетов из задела Комсомольского-на-Амуре авиационного производственного объединения им. Ю.А. Гагарина. Всего у КнААПО имеется около двух десятков недостроенных Су-27.
ÎÀÎ «Êîðïîðàöèÿ Òàêòè÷åñêîå Ðàêåòíîå Âîîðóæåíèå»

We have to note, that in the case of Su-27SM we're talking not about modernization of in-service aircraft, which is being done in accordance with the three year contract, which ends this year, but of completion construction of aircraft from factory stock of KnAAPO. Altogether KnAAPO has around 20 un-completed Su-27

Haavarla

Thx o lot.
If they have spare airframes sitting in store it makes perfectly sense.
I wonder if they comes with the legacy outfit design like the huge airbrake located on the top of the airframe and what about radar and engines.
Probably Saylut MF1 engines, right?