DT Hall of Shame - Ban List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Re: The bad, the ugly and the unfortunate - Ban List!

Webs, maybe banning Srir and Watcher isn't such a good idea. Srir has helped the site on the weapon section while watcher is one of the oldest member here. Both has contributed alot to the site.They don't deserve to be banned for a few insults, instead why not warn them or delete their BS posts?

umair

Peace Enforcer

WebMaster said:
Srirangan and The Watcher banned until further notice.

I am not going to allow people to take out their personal hatred for certain countries in our threads. Go somewhere else you can freely post such things and get away with it not here!!!
Good, I was getting tired of prunning their posts.They need some time in suspension to cool off!
They almost had me going balistic as well :eek

I suggest a new rule, no mocking oneanother's nationality/ethnicity etc.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro

umair said:
Good, I was getting tired of prunning their posts.They need some time in suspension to cool off!

They almost had me going balistic as well :eek

I suggest a new rule, no mocking oneanother's nationality/ethnicity etc.
I second the motion. This week has been particularly bad, I've worn my fingers to a stub editing and deleting flames and baits.

The other thing is that people persistently will post a topic that baits the other side very soon after the end of a previous "bait" - so the cycle continues on...

It gets a little tiresome.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pathfinder, I feel the same but for the sake of upholding the rules and apply them to anyone who misuses posting rights is needed. I didn't want to ban either of them but one has to look for over all health betterment of the forum.

They were contributing fine but too bad they got into this sneaky mud attacks on each other.

mysterious

Aha! Sri, cant say much about him cuz replying to his provocative posts was making me too tired and so I stopped coming to DT for a couple o' days; now I feel like I can sit, relax, read all the posts at my own pace and reply with ease without getting worried that somebody's waiting to bite my ass everytime I post a reply. Watcher, I dont know what got in to him cuz he's a good guy and a sincere person as far as DT goes. Wish him luck to come back as early as the Admin deems it to be possible. :smokingc:

Admin: Both contribute to the forum above a lot of others, but we do not play favorites. Supporting one and not the other is just as unhealthy regarding the issue of bad blood and arguments in here.

You should wish them both good luck if you were sincere.

XEROX

Hey Webbi :( Banning Srirangan, he was ok, BRING HIM BACK :mad

Admin: The issue is that both Sri and Watcher were unable to contain their passion towards each others point of view. There is a lesson here for everyone. Intolerance is not tolerated. ;)

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

Both Sri and Watcher are okay and good fellows but RULES APPLY TO ALL! They were mocking and insulting each others nation. Sri had gotten warnings before as well when he had issues with myst, sabre, adsh, etc.

Control your emotions when you discuss certain sensitive issues.

adsH

WOW is srri actually barred (has a ban for couple of days) i thought he was taking a break!!

Soldier

Am happy to know about both of them. Both were indulging in mudslinging a bit too much lately. Would be best if both are allowed to come back once their brains are cooled down and they know how to respect others and reply with a balanced attitude. Sad, that both are intelligent fellows who contribute to the forum so much and having that intellect also, they could not keep it cool.

Is the ban on both of them permanent or it is temporary. I wish it was temporary though... but then it is for you guys to decide.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
The ban is temporary. Both made great contributions to the forum and had a lot of posts without any problem. I don't see any reason why they can't continue with some maturity and civility.

On the other hand, if myst can get so many chances, why not watcher and sri? :p :p :p (just kidding myst)

Soldier

WebMaster said:
The ban is temporary. Both made great contributions to the forum and had a lot of posts without any problem. I don't see any reason why they can't continue with some maturity and civility.

On the other hand, if myst can get so many chances, why not watcher and sri? :p :p :p (just kidding myst)
Even though you were kiddin but you are very right... :D: :D:

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Soldier said:
WebMaster said:

Even though you were kiddin but you are very right... :D: :D:
Soldier, a lot of one-liners are deleted automatically now, there are a lot of posts that you don't ever get to see. ;) Web has made it very clear that one-liners or smart arse comments are to be deleted without fear or favour.

mysterious

WebMaster said:

Ah! The sarcasmz. :p (No hard-feelings Webbie!) Well, to be frank, I was given the first chance (when I was big_evil) but the second time I deserved it 'cuz Webbie knows I was banned for no fault of my own (more precisely to kool things off over here on DT between me and amit21mech).

Of course, my earlier post was only sincere towards Watcher cuz for me, he got off the track for probably the first time and so I feel bad for him. Sri, had made it his habit to start problems with me, sabre, adsh, etc on the most petty issues almost all the time and so I think, all of us who've had problems with him (or if not, then at least me) needed a breathing space (about time)! I hope this banning process knocks some sense in to both Sri and Watcher as well as become an example for prospective newbies. :smokingc:

adsH

Wow wow Myst i never had a problem with Sri infact i found his commnets Amusing at times and he was alot better then some people that have been banned before. I just hope he could of been abit more civil.

mysterious

Well, a few times I noticed you both heating up a bit and even Webbie mentioned you; so that led me to believe there might be something. Chill. :smokingc:

Soldier

Glad to see Sri back...but what about Watcher, Webbie? Hope he is back too... It is high time I guess.... :p

adsH

as soon as i saw the orange beacon on the top of the forum list i thought someone actually got banned again, i guess it was good news this time.good to have both of them back!!!

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro

Well, let me extend a welcome back to the terrible twins. :p

I'm off to a conference in Germany tomorrow, so I'll see all your happy smiling flames when I get back. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.