A global leader in the manufacture of small caliber weapons, ammunition, and weapon systems FN Herstal will attend LAAD 2009, Rio de Janeiro, from 14 through 17 April 2009 (Hall 3, Booth no. K39 in the Belgian Pavilion).
FN Herstal will exhibit its latest infantry innovation: the SCAR™ family that consists of two highly adaptable modular rifles chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO caliber or 7.62x51mm NATO caliber, and the FN40GL™ 40mm low velocity grenade launcher.
The well-known FN Herstal’s infantry weapons will be on show also: the MINIMI 5.56, the MINIMI 7.62 and the .50 cal M2HB-QCB machine guns; the F2000 assault rifle, the 5.7x28mm weapon system – that includes the P90® submachine gun and the Five-seveN® pistol – as well as the FN303 less lethal launcher.
In addition to portable weapons, FN Herstal designs, develops, and supports a broad range of weapon systems for military use. Its product line includes land, sea and airborne systems with crew served systems; Remotely Operated Weapon Stations (ROWS); axially mounted pods and a complete range of ammunition.
In fact, FN Herstal’s airborne products have been selected to equip more than 1,800 helicopters and subsonic aircraft worldwide.
To take an example, for the Cougar Family (Cougar, Puma, Super Puma), FN Herstal offers:
Pintle systems – such as the Medium Floor Pintle Turning system – offering features such as:
- A turning arm that rotates the system, in either firing or storage positions, for helicopter room maximization
- The .50 cal M3M/GAU-21 machine gun with a 1,100 rounds per minute firing capacity
- A soft mount to reduce the recoil forces on the structure
- Outstanding balance of the whole system for a perfect firing accuracy
- Low weight of the system
- Compatibility for the 7.62 caliber machine gun
Pod systems, such as:
- HMP250: .50 cal M3P machine gun and 250 rounds ammunition box capacity
- HMP400: .50 cal M3P machine gun and 400 rounds ammunition box capacity
- RMP: .50 cal M3P machine gun, 250 rounds ammunition box capacity, and 3 rocket launcher tubes
FN Herstal’s airborne systems are off-the-shelf systems that are customizable to many helicopter configurations.