The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has completed production of 26 JF-17 Thunder aircraft at Pakistan Aeronautical complex Karma so far during a period of two years. A senior PAF official, while replying to a query of member of Special Public Accounts Committee (PAC) here on Tuesday, said that the PAF achieved the target regarding production of JF-17 Thunder in the country.
The committee was informed that Pakistan had kicked off its serial production of the multiple jet fighter JF-17 Thunder in collaboration with the People’s Republic of China two years back.
Secretary Defence Production Lt Gen Shahid Iqbal told the committee that two P-3 series Orion anti-submarine and maritime surveillance aircraft had been lost and efforts were being made for their replacement.
Earlier, the committee discussed in detail the audit reports of Ministry of Defence for year 1998-1999, 2002-2003 and 2003-004. The committee members also raised some objections on audit paras and directed the authorities concerned to submit reports on audit paras within one month.
The committee also sent some matters to Departmental Accounts Committee with direction to compile a detailed report on these matters. The Secretary Ministry of Defence Production assured to fully implement the directions of the committee.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- The Indonesian Army
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Ukranian Crisis
- Author Research - Exercises
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates