The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has completed production of 26 JF-17 Thunder aircraft at Pakistan Aeronautical complex Karma so far during a period of two years. A senior PAF official, while replying to a query of member of Special Public Accounts Committee (PAC) here on Tuesday, said that the PAF achieved the target regarding production of JF-17 Thunder in the country.
The committee was informed that Pakistan had kicked off its serial production of the multiple jet fighter JF-17 Thunder in collaboration with the People’s Republic of China two years back.
Secretary Defence Production Lt Gen Shahid Iqbal told the committee that two P-3 series Orion anti-submarine and maritime surveillance aircraft had been lost and efforts were being made for their replacement.
Earlier, the committee discussed in detail the audit reports of Ministry of Defence for year 1998-1999, 2002-2003 and 2003-004. The committee members also raised some objections on audit paras and directed the authorities concerned to submit reports on audit paras within one month.
The committee also sent some matters to Departmental Accounts Committee with direction to compile a detailed report on these matters. The Secretary Ministry of Defence Production assured to fully implement the directions of the committee.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Your kettle may be spying on you.
- British Army News and Discussion
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Kapooka Pics
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Chinese 'air defence identification zone' in East China Sea
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Stealthiest yet : RQ-180 Revealed
- space based LBI systems
- Iran Nuclear Ambitions
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Stealth Aircraft Operation