Lockheed Martin successfully completed the first flight of the inaugural F-16 Fighting Falcon for the Iraq Air Force. The jet is the first of 36 F-16 Block 52 aircraft on order through the U.S. Department of Defense for Iraq.
With more than 4,540 F-16s delivered to date, the Foreign Military Sale to Iraq adds to the F-16’s reputation as the world’s most versatile and affordable 4th generation multi-role fighter. Lockheed Martin’s F-16 production line is expected to continue through 2017, with major upgrades being incorporated for all F-16 versions.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 113,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The Corporation’s net sales for 2013 were $45.4 billion.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:f16 fligt pictur com
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Scottish Independence
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Scottish Navy
- British Army News and Discussion
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Active Modern Military Aircraft Question...Need Input
- Ukranian Crisis
- Assad's strategic options
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Singapore Navy
- Comparing aerial warfare with and without drones
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Military use of the AW609