World Armed Forces and Militaries Ranked... not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

old faithful

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
I think you are all forgetting that great infantry force of Antarctica. Yes Ladies and Gentlemen that's right I'm obviously talking about the Penguins, they march with precision and are capable of amphibious landings!

We in New Zealand keep a wary eye on the southern flank….:shudder
Watch em mate,have you noticed any difference in dress and equipment? that would be a definate sign of an imminant invasion!

Whiskyjack

Honorary Moderator / Defense Professional / Analys
Verified Defense Pro
Watch em mate,have you noticed any difference in dress and equipment? that would be a definate sign of an imminant invasion!
No but I know the Royal Navy has been keeping an eye on them.

True Story:

Some conservationists reported that Penguins in the Falklands were suffering. Apparently every time an aircraft took off from Mt Pleasant they would fly over a Penguin colony, the story goes that the Penguins would watch the aircraft fly overhead and crane there necks to the point that they fell onto their backs and could not get back up!

So the MOD tasked a frigate to go to the Penguin colony fly their Lynx over the Penguins and study the reaction of the Penguins. I believe that they could find no evidence of mass Penguin 'stranding' end of study!! :rolleyes:

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
I think you are all forgetting that great infantry force of Antarctica. Yes Ladies and Gentlemen that's right I'm obviously talking about the Penguins, they march with precision and are capable of amphibious landings!

We in New Zealand keep a wary eye on the southern flank….:shudder
Do you suppose there could be an alliance between the Vatican and Antarctica? The field uniforms of both places have the same colour scheme, black and white...:D

aaaditya

hey guys ,can anyone provide more detailed information on the vatican guards including their intended roles,training,force strength,operational structure ,weapons and vehicles,i would appreciates links to sights dedicated to the vatican forces.

iam particularly fascinated about them after reading the dan brown da vinci code and the angels and demons.

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Despite its official clothes the Guard is highly trained and skilled. Somewhere I have a list of their equipment and training.
I'm going to search for it. :)

vedang

This is getting 2 be a CHIT-CHAT more than a discussion..by the way the topic felt 2 be a flame itself....:D

atilla

Then ??

BUT WE ALL HAVE TO GATHER OUR RESOURSES AND FIND OUT REAL RANKING

LETS TRY TO CONSIDER LAST 300 YEARS ALSO BATTLES LOSES GAINED AND VICTORIES AND TODAYS TECH DISIPLINE EVERY THING SO NOT ONLY NUMBERS IN MY POINT OF VIEW

1 russıa usa chına
2 england germany turkey ıran
3 ısrael spaın france egypt pakıstan ındıa
4 fınland sweden greece ıtaly japan korea
5 newzelland australıa ındonesıa malasıa morrocco jordan alger south afrıca

so what u realy thınk??

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
I'm sorry but this is total nonsense.

- France behind UK and Germany?
- Iran 2nd?
- NZ near the top?
- Spain better than Italy?
- Why just these countries? Were is Belgium, Poland, Netherlands, Switzerland, ...
- Shall I go on?

You don't really want to turn this again into a serious discussion don't you?

old faithful

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
mate,this is impossible,you must add Vietnam,....you cant really rate this topic, why not compare olymic teams, or cricket teams etc....military achievements are impossible to rank in terms of the best! WAR IS NOT SPORT!

icelord

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
mate,this is impossible,you must add Vietnam,....you cant really rate this topic, why not compare olymic teams, or cricket teams etc....military achievements are impossible to rank in terms of the best! WAR IS NOT SPORT!
hmm, yeah for some reason when we get to dutch, british, and US cricket teams we may have a problem getting them a ranking:rolleyes:

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
I'm sorry but this is total nonsense.

- France behind UK and Germany?
- Iran 2nd?
- NZ near the top?
- Spain better than Italy?
- Why just these countries? Were is Belgium, Poland, Netherlands, Switzerland, ...
- Shall I go on?

You don't really want to turn this again into a serious discussion don't you?
I don't think there is a way for this to be a serious discussion. Aside from maybe coming to a consensus on the top five most potent armed forces, there isn't any really way to OBJECTIVELY measure the relative strengths of different armed forces against each other. For instance, which army is "better" Ireland or New Zealand? Or how about this, the Swedish armed forces vs. Saudi Arabia. In all honesty, we can't really know...

Keep in mind, there is something like 190 countries spread across the globe. It would be a better discussion if a nation was discussed and <insert nation here>'s strengths and weaknesses were discussed.

Ozzy Blizzard

BUT WE ALL HAVE TO GATHER OUR RESOURSES AND FIND OUT REAL RANKING

LETS TRY TO CONSIDER LAST 300 YEARS ALSO BATTLES LOSES GAINED AND VICTORIES AND TODAYS TECH DISIPLINE EVERY THING SO NOT ONLY NUMBERS IN MY POINT OF VIEW

1 russıa usa chına
2 england germany turkey ıran
3 ısrael spaın france egypt pakıstan ındıa
4 fınland sweden greece ıtaly japan korea
5 newzelland australıa ındonesıa malasıa morrocco jordan alger south afrıca

so what u realy thınk??
How are you rating this??? Doesn't make any sence to me. How is Turkey and Iran above isreal and france? how is finland above australia and how are indonesia, morocco and jordan at the same level? If you are basing this on ability to win a war against each other than economics has more to do with it than the armed forces themselves. As Old Faithfull said this is stupid. I mean there are definatly differences in the quallity of armed forces around the world, but we cant have a ladder, give them points for winning a match and they move up a spot. This is war, and that means death and were not paying respect to the lives lost by treating it like a footy match.

P.S. if it was footy it would be Australia & Ireland tied at the number 1 spot.:p:

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Cricket? Who is playing cricket? :D

The number one world sport is still football! :nutkick
And I don't mean american football and I will never call it soccer just because some yankees thought that a game were somebody kicks a ball every fifteen minutes is also football! :cool:

So after the last World Cup the list is:
1. Italy :(
2. France
3. Germany
4. Portugal

Maybe we should also rate who organized the best world cup. We all know who is number 1 there. ;) :D

Simon9

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
I don't know about everyone else, but I took this thread as an opportunity to discuss the absolute merits of certain militaries in terms of where they are, where they are going, and where they could be.

I agree ranking in relative terms is frivolous.

And I don't mean american football and I will never call it soccer just because some yankees thought that a game were somebody kicks a ball every fifteen minutes is also football! :cool:

2. France
3. Germany
4. Portugal

Maybe we should also rate who organized the best world cup. We all know who is number 1 there. ;) :D
What kind of sport goes through an ENTIRE WORLD CUP only to decide the 'world champion' in a penalty shoot out??? It's really rather pathetic! :D

And anyway, those World Cup rankings are just an indication of which nation takes the best dive and gets fake penalties awarded. In this case it was Italy. See the match against Australia as reference!! We were better, it's just the referee was fooled by Fabio Grosso's Oscar-winning performance!

(/jingoism!)

icelord

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
hmm, get ready for a mixed response from a ripped off aussie contingent, and its cricket season, so out with the footy, bloody eagles, and despair in the league, meh, broncos, its time to sing
I don't like cricket, no no, i love it;-)

abramsteve

2. France
3. Germany
4. Portugal

ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its soccer!!!!!!:eek: The only sport in the world that you can also win an Oscar for best acting!

AFL is the only true football game in the world! (cmon I'll take anyone on that! :)) American football could be interesting if they removed the tank armour padding. Union and Legue are the games of the eastern states so we'll leave em to it. (whats with throwing the ball backwards?)

But really there is only one game, cricket. If your not playing it WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!?!?!?!

Maybe we could compare rankings with who has put on the best Olympic Games:
1: Australia
thats as many as we need on that list

Ahhh the most rediculous but honest post Ive ever made. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.