Which Aircraft Should PAF opt for? [Recent F-16 deal news, etc]

Which Aircraft Should PAF opt for?

• Total voters

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
P.A.F said:
Planes In Use With Reference To There Squadrons:

Squadron No 1 at PAF Base Mianwali equipped with FT-5 aircraft.

Squadron No 2 at PAF Base Masroor equipped with F-7 P aircraft.

Squadron No 5 at PAF Base Rafiqui equipped with Mirage IIIEP/RP aircraft.

Squadron No 6 at PAF Base Chaklala equipped with C-130 aircraft.

Squadron No 7 at PAF Base Masroor equipped with Mirage VPA aircraft.

Squadron No 8 at PAF Base Masroor equipped with Mirage VPA3/PA2 aircraft.

Squadron No 9 at PAF Base Sargodha presently equipped with F-16A aircraft.

Squadron No 11 at PAF Base Sargodha equipped with F-16 A/B aircraft.

Squadron No 12 at PAF Base Chaklala equipped with Boeing 707, Falcon, Fokker aircraft.

Squadron No 14 at PAF Base Minhas equipped with F-7 P aircraft.

Squadron No 15 at PAF Base Rafiqui equipped with Mirage VEF aircraft.

Squadron No 16 at PAF Base Peshawar equipped with A-5 aircraft.

Squadron No 17 at PAF Base Samungali equipped with F-6/FT-6 & F-7 P aircraft.

Squadron No 18 at PAF Base Mianwali equipped with F-7 P aircraft.

Squadron No 19 at PAF Base Mianwali equipped with F-7 P aircraft.

Squadron No 20 at PAF Base Rafiqui equipped with F-7 P aircraft.

Squadron No 22 at PAF Base Masroor equipped with Mirage VPA/DPA/IIIDP aircraft.

Squadron No 23 at PAF Base Samungali equipped with F-6 aircraft.

Squadron No 24 at PAF Base Sargodha equipped with Falcon 20 F/G aircraft.

Squadron No 25 at PAF Base Minhas Mirage VEF aircraft.

Squadron No 26 at PAF Base Peshawar presently equipped with A-5 aircraft.

Squadron No 41 at PAF Base Chaklala equipped with Cessna 172, Aero-Commander, Beach Travel aircraft.

Squadron No 81 to 86 are six Search-Rescue squadrons each equipped with 3 to 4 Alouette III helicopters and two Mirage VPA and F-7 P squadrons.

Yaar thats confusing a bit :(

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
kashifshahzad said:
In one squardon how many planes are there i wanted to ask this :(
Pakistan (I think also India) tend to keep 12 AirCrafts per sqdn.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
P.A.F said:
whats so confusing about that. it tells you the sqd number and which aircraft and where there based.
Yaar i know some of the bases name and also know the places where they are located but where is samungali i dont know about that and what is this plane named as FT-5 plz :( take a search for this word and you will get to know what is this

Yaar i have another quesion too suppose there is an attach on the eastren border of pakistan at lahore ok the planes at lahore which is not mensioned in the above attach the comming aircrafts and when there is a need for enforcements then if there will be a need for other plane suppose A-5 comes from peshawer base i think they will go down and crashbecause the A-5 have limited operational radius i think the mixing of planes in every squardon will help :(

umair

Peace Enforcer
Samungali AFB Quetta. FT-5: A Chinese hybrid(mig-15[fowd fuselage] mig-17[rear fuselage,tail surfaces]) tandem two seat intermediate and advanced trainer.

pshamim

Verified Defense Pro
Pathfinder,
I really do not understand your deleting my one word answer to a question asked by a forum member. What was wrong with my putting the name of the city "Quetta" when someone's question was where Samungli was.

I really do not understand what more should I had put. Would you have been happier if I had mentioned that as a PAF Fighter pilot I was stationed at Samungali and flew dozens of sorties on F-86 during late 1960s. I just felt it was unnecessary for me to open my past to answer a simple question.

Hope this meets your criteria and you feel better now.

Regards.

Last edited:

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
pshamim said:
Pathfinder,
I really do not understand your deleting my one word answer to a question asked by a forum member. What was wrong with my putting the name of the city "Quetta" when someone's question was where Samungli was.

I really do not understand what more should I had put. Would you have been happier if I had mentioned that as a PAF Fighter pilot I was stationed at Samungali and flew dozens of sorties on F-86 during late 1960s. I just felt it was unnecessary for me to open my past to answer a simple question.

Hope this meets your criteria and you feel better now.

Regards.
My mistake. I assumed you were posting something useless and did not see the question that was asked.

Please go on with the discussion.

pshamim

Verified Defense Pro
Pathfinder-X said:
My mistake. I assumed you were posting something useless and did not see the question that was asked.

Please go on with the discussion.
Pathfinder, I had the quote highlighted when putting in my one word answer.

However, your reply does reflect your mature thinking and I have far more respect for you now than before.

Best regards.

Ahsan1

Banned Member
After all that much discussion and flames whats the conclusion?:coffee

Mod edit: Path: Please avoid making comments that do not contribute to the topic. The topic is for members to discuss the possibilities and options.

Last edited by a moderator:

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
pshamim said:
Pathfinder, I had the quote highlighted when putting in my one word answer.

However, your reply does reflect your mature thinking and I have far more respect for you now than before.

Best regards.
Yeah Path finder-X is a mature person in this forum so he must be respected so pshsmim plz be calm dont take any thing on your heart do some nice posts and let us take benifits from your experience

umair

Peace Enforcer
It's an ongoing debate till the PAF comes out with an official announcement.
BTW latest tidbit, the Falcons are all gonna be new builds. The plan to buy secondhand Alphas and Bravos and have them MLU'd would have taken the same amount of time as getting newer airframes. Strong indications that the new builds will have some PAF specific modifications.
BTW I've been thinking recently, have dug up specs, talked to a few people and have decided IMHO that the Rafale would be a better choice over the Typhoon if the PAF decides to go for a second western 4th gen platform.(p.s I'm having my proffessional exams in about a months time so am quite busy nowadays. So will elaborate on this when I have some spare time)

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
umair said:
It's an ongoing debate till the PAF comes out with an official announcement.
BTW latest tidbit, the Falcons are all gonna be new builds. The plan to buy secondhand Alphas and Bravos and have them MLU'd would have taken the same amount of time as getting newer airframes. Strong indications that the new builds will have some PAF specific modifications.
BTW I've been thinking recently, have dug up specs, talked to a few people and have decided IMHO that the Rafale would be a better choice over the Typhoon if the PAF decides to go for a second western 4th gen platform.(p.s I'm having my proffessional exams in about a months time so am quite busy nowadays. So will elaborate on this when I have some spare time)
There may be or must be something in the mind of US for the sale of F-16's i think there will not be Pakistani modifications in the planes when we are getting only ~40~ planes there may be modren modifications in them . US may be coming up with the new other types of planes which may be much more superoir then the older one's and now they are doing the replacements .

I think Pakistan must not go for rafales try first for F-16's then for Chinees aircrafts build its own too and trying for the Grippens is not a bad thing if sweden is not convinced they can be convinced money make every thing happen LOL. :)

BilalK

I personally believe the following would be the best for PAF;
  • Extreme Long-Term benefits (JSF/JXX/Rafale)
  • Relatively good maintainence costs (JSF/Rafale?)
  • Biggest bang for the buck (JSF/Rafale)
  • PAF's operational needs, air-to-air focus? etc, ?

Last edited:

nfazli

kashifshahzad said:
I think Pakistan must not go for rafales try first for F-16's then for Chinees aircrafts build its own too and trying for the Grippens is not a bad thing if sweden is not convinced they can be convinced money make every thing happen LOL. :)
I think F-16s will be the best for Pakistan and Gripens should not even be in picture. This position is taken by Pshamim too on other forums. Being a former pilot in PAF, and country Manager at General Dynamics for Pakistan Peacegate program, he is talking from experience & knowledge.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
nfazli said:
I think F-16s will be the best for Pakistan and Gripens should not even be in picture. This position is taken by Pshamim too on other forums. Being a former pilot in PAF, and country Manager at General Dynamics for Pakistan Peacegate program, he is talking from experience & knowledge.
What do you this Pakistan is gonna do when there will be time to dump all those F-16's then we will need a 4.5 or 5th generation aircrafts i think that time will come between 2010 and 2015 will Pakistan be able to build its own multirole fighter to leads Pakistan's way

BilalK

What do you this Pakistan is gonna do when there will be time to dump all those F-16's then we will need a 4.5 or 5th generation aircrafts i think that time will come between 2010 and 2015 will Pakistan be able to build its own multirole fighter to leads Pakistan's way
Well...No.

By the time 2012 comes around, PAF would've probably just recieved its last F-16s, no way it'll JUST replace them. However, there are other planes which will require replacing, and other aircraft besides F-16 will be sought.

umair

Peace Enforcer
kashifshahzad said:
There may be or must be something in the mind of US for the sale of F-16's i think there will not be Pakistani modifications in the planes when we are getting only ~40~ planes there may be modren modifications in them . US may be coming up with the new other types of planes which may be much more superoir then the older one's and now they are doing the replacements .

(rolls virtual eyes) Oh yaara, The Rafale will be the best choice for us.Either that or if we can get our hands on the mother of all Falcons ie the block 60.
Like I said wait for a month, then you'll get plenty of detail on the whys of my assertion/opinion.
P.S take PShamim seriously, he really is what he says.