Which Aircraft Should PAF opt for? [Recent F-16 deal news, etc]

Which Aircraft Should PAF opt for?

• Total voters

Mukesh Patel

Pakistani Airforce Acquisition Plans

US? NAH!

Someone from EU? I don't know!

Pakistan's airforce is outdated and at a very dangerous point! Pakistan needs to replace its ACs as soon as possible. India is getting more mirages, more latest russian planes.

What are pakistanis waiting on? Fc1? super7? J10? Is that all left for them? Any chance of getting that eurofighter? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

ullu

Why are you worried so much about pakistan? You should be happy our airforce is not in good condition! But pakistan still can give india a very hard fight! :)

Eurofighter sounds fine to me!

Bharat_R

I like your patriotism but that won't work, Pakistan NEED to modernize its Air Force, even though I am not Pakistan. My advice is Pakistan should focus on the FC-1, get the F-16s upgraded indegenous, the only prob is most Arab nation operating F-16s are pathetic and have no indegenous base. So I say Pakistan must get the know-hows from Malaysia or UAE. Other then that Pakistan should get the J-10s if it succeeds. The only problem is the money, but if Pakistan had FC-1, J-10, and F-16 it would be able to defend itself, but will still lose a large chunk of its airforce to India.

muaest

Pakistan do not need new fighter jets.I will rather say pay attention to FC-1 and try to get j-10 with TOT or involve in R&D of someother chineese project.

Try to get good SAM system.We are a defensive force we do not need to go for offensive..We need deterence, and we already have in the form of nukes.We need to build our economy.And try to grow the trend of R&D in our on country. :idea:

kilo_4que

Listen my friend Bharat, u live in UK and u speak so lame. One of the highest ranking Royal Army generals put his thoughts towards a face off between the two, and do u know what he said. He said, India may have a 3:1 or now talking 2:1 size ratio, Pakistan does posses more quality. And once I find the report, I shall post it. So when it does come to face off, I think its the Indian air force that would lose more than a large chunk to Pakistan.

Furthermore, how can pakistan upgrade the F-16s indegenously, it just doesnt make sence, and then again, if they did try upgrading them by themselves, it could lead to failure in the original fighter. As they say, always get a genuine job done.

mikoyan

kilo .......an unnamed source always lacks crebility even if he is one of the top Brit generals.

Next in the numbers game, even if the PAf knocks out more aircraft than the IAF manages, it will still face the fact that it has a much smaller percentage of aircraft left to fly.

For eg, in a 15 day war, IAF @600 fighters & PAF@300 fighters
Assume PAF loses 50 ac & knocks out 100 IAf aircraft, the IAF still has 500 aircraft vs PAF's 250.

kilo_4que

Mikoyan, a gud point u have arrised however, u have to remeber and also I shall say admit the fact that Pakistan does posses more quality and eagerness to fight than the indians.

I mean, India doesnt have an equivalent number of senior fighter pilots to fly the likes of the more advance fighters. Likewise, what is the point in them having the fighters. It is a psychological fight as well as physical.

Dezertmirage

Mirage 2000

Rumors have been that pakistan plans to acquire mirage 2000 in a deal paid for by the UAE .. or we pass on our own mirage 2000 to the pakistanis

DM

NARC

Well, dunno bout u guys but i would put my money on France or China, where Paks relations are good.

I was wondering if any other Arabs would do a deal with Paks for parts or even whole planes for F-16s, but this seems highly unlikely as the Arabs are happy purchasing, or maybe its just US pressure.

Paks did purchase Rose mirages from Australia, but i doubt if the aussies wanna sell any more planes to paks, especially after they were hit by terrorists, these pple are fragile! ;)

Can any1 of u guys clarify on why Ukrain helped Paks on Al-Khalid, but we are hearing nothing about the su-27s Ukrain makes. ??

F-22_Rapture

Well NARC, Ukrain helps Pakistan as they are good allies. Furthermore, Ukrain was once a member of the soviet union and after the distruction of the soviet union, Ukrain was seperated and was also know as the base of soviet arms. Likewise due to the predomiante negative relations between pak-russia and ukrain-russia, the countries have formed firm bonds. Also u have to remember, the al-khalid is a highly regarded tank with advance technologies. Likewise, if Ukrain helps pakistan, they could share these extreme machines in their own favour too.

Regarding the Su-27s. Ukrain offered pakistan two packages last year. One consisting of part mig-29s and Su-27s or a full batch of Su-27s. Both packages have been rumoured to have consisted of around 45 planes each. However, Pakistan didnt go ahead with the deals even though they were getting the planes at extremely low prices. Reason being, they thought that china-pak ties may losen as China did previously promise pakistan that they would provide pakistan with squadrons of the chinese versions of the Su-27s. Likewise, Pakistan stayed nutral.

Therefore currently, Pakistan is coping with the same old but very well conditioned fighters.

NARC

Ummm, very intresting, so is china going to supply paks with su-27, and if they do dont they need some sort of "permission" from the russians.

Do we know the exact price paks would recieve su-27 from ukrain in comparison to china if at all...

anwarma

China cannot sell SU-27 to Pakistan, the Russian license manufacture contract specifically disallows sale to any third country by China .

Check the link stated below, open the link and then check the PART 3.

http://avia.russian.ee/air/articles/flanker/index.html

Part 3 of the link discussed the Russian terms for the license manufacturer of SU-27 and SU-30MKI with China and India. China simply cannot sell any part of the SU-27 and Su-30MKK to any 3rd country without Russian Government approval.

xtech

Pakistan needs to buy the SU-27's that Ukraine was offering them. They were an absolute steal at only $8 million a piece. I can't believe the idiocy of some of the people making the decisions about military purchases. They continue to give most of the money to the Army which is already pretty well off. And after the Gulf War 2 and Afghanistan they must see the power of a good air force. MY GOD, 8 MILLION FOR SOME FLANKERS AND WE HAVENT PURCHASED THEM? It's crazy.

deinesh

IMO Pak should focus on High altitude SAM's. Pak may not be able to get planes at the moment but Hihg Altitude SAM's can partially offset this handicap.

Nucleas

Re: Who would sell pakistan NEW fighter jets???

Don't forget Musharraf is from Army...so he will make sure that Army gets all the apples and oranges no matter how badly it affects PN and PAF... the results are already showing.. :smokingc:

deinesh

Nucleas said:
Don't forget Musharraf is from Army...so he will make sure that Army gets all the apples and oranges no matter how badly it affects PN and PAF... the results are already showing.. :smokingc:
:D

ullu

Nucleas said:
And those results are??? :roll

deinesh

And those results are???
The results are like this. Pakistan has state of the art planes like the Al-Khalid :D ,TU_80UD :D etc etc etc :p

Oqaab

France and China are the only countries which can sell aircrafts to Pakistan. And Musharraf, being from Army, negotiated Mirage 2000-5 deal with france for PAF.