Usa

Status
Not open for further replies.

colay1

All his destabilizing actions will ultimately have a negative impact on the US economy, environment, etc. and also the entitlement programs of US citizens. Does he really think his supporters will remain loyal once they feel the impacts on their pocketbooks and quality of life?

vonnoobie

Is Turnbull's refugee arrangement a 'dumb deal' after all? - 9news.com.au

Seems the "dumb deal" that trump is twittering about might not be so dumb after all, as the arrangement is cloak under classified national security so we don't know what the US is getting in return, seems like Trump dosnt really care about goverment to goverment quid pro quo deals that may work in each others favour.
It's actually a very good deal based on what information has been released.

There are 1,250 odd refugees in the camp's, Of which 80% have been found to be geniune refugees (Rest likely economical refugees). Only those found to be genuine refugees by Australia would be forward to US agencies for vetting so it is actually only 1,000 refugees at max the US would be taking. Any not passing the US vetting would not be taken by the US but stay with Australia (to be resettled else where) all the while Australia would be taking 4,000 refugee's from central America of the United States hands.

On pure number's the US has a bargain here, As to trump's fear of the next boston bomber.. Well I have to give credit where credit is due if the so called terrorist in the mix has played this long a waiting game knowing all along that he/she would be sent to the US.. Al Qaeda and there crystal balls.Which ever one is doing this is a master spy, Should be given a spot in a Tom Clancy novel.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
All his destabilizing actions will ultimately have a negative impact on the US economy, environment, etc. and also the entitlement programs of US citizens. Does he really think his supporters will remain loyal once they feel the impacts on their pocketbooks and quality of life?
its not that difficult for china to make economic life in the US awkward - and with a growing middle class they are looking at reducing dependancy on US exports and more on building local consumption

vonnoobie

But don't you know, Low taxes are good. Who needs extra funds to invest into infrastructure, health and education allowing for better movement of resources, more productive work force (less sick days) and person's knowing what they are doing, That's just plain silly thinking that mate.

It's why so many of the Nordik countries with the extremely high taxes are soo bad with all there good road's, education and health.. Who needs that -_-

Ocean1Curse

The way the west is responding to crises is incorrect. What's called the migrant crises is in fact a moral crises of the west, in fact we are living in a migrant crises. The migrant crises across America has almost eliminated the indigenous population and that's generalised across the world. We have rich countries such as those members of 5is generating migrant refugees and poorer countries such as Lebanon adsorbing huge numbers of migrants. In the west, the response to absorbing even a tiny bit of this problem immediatly turns ugly in the extreme ways and that's also generalised across the world. So this is a moral crises.

When the Saudi Government and later on The Clinton foundation backed ISIS militants first took Mosal that precipitated the huge decline in crude oil prices the generated fake prices which proceeded fake news that reverberated all the way to DT.

For the most part migrant refugees are fleeing from the crimes 5is is committing in the Middle East, this isn't just true of migrants from the Middle East, it's also true of Latin America and the pacific and Africa. Indigenous populations right across the globe are voting with there feet and the message is the price the west pays for minerals/chemicals/energy in the Middle East is unfair and 5is response is typical of any other state that conquers and subjugate. Obviously war has a point of diminishing returns that promote false prices which proceed fake news that we all talk about but refuse to acknowledge in a vein hope of protecting quality information.

So those that mock Trump as an adoration of the American psyche need to read more and by read more I mean read less of social media platforms and other media organisations that refused to acknowledge systemic flaws in systems globally because Trump was right to point out China was pinching America factories with permission of the oligarchy. But Trump is equally wrong in his response. That just means his underlying assumptions are incorrect.

There are 2 assumptions of capitalism that are as equally false as fake news 1) economies move towards full employment 2) finance/credit and debt don't exists in any mainstream economic text book. If you don't believe me just ask any academic liberal charlatan what caused the 2008 American crises. So including employment data and banks in any calculation/formula is fundamental including here at DT.

vonnoobie

When the Saudi Government and later on The Clinton foundation backed ISIS militants
If people are going to sprout out such BS can they at least make it factual?

The Clinton foundation and ISIS/ISIL have both receaived funding from Saudi Arabia and Qatar (Be they goverment's and/or privite citizens).

Both countries are alleged (ie: Not proven as fact) to have directly or have had there citizens fund ISIS/ISIL.

In 2014 Hillery sent an email to a Mr Podesta to put pressure on Saudi Arabia and Qatar over there alleged funding of ISIS/ISL.

At no point has there EVER been an indication that the Clinton foundation has funded ISIS/ISIL.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Why trump had to politicise Killary to save his war against ISIS instead of prosecuting the culprits.

From 02/20/2011 to 12/20/2012 Hillary sent or received 829 emails about conflict in Benghazi which is a matter of public record thanks to Wikileaks - https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/?q=benghazi&mfrom=&mto=&title=&page=17&#searchresult

The truth about Libya, why Hillary shouldn’t be President and why you should protest Obama when he visits « The Daily Blog - from Martyn Bradbury's January 2016 blog

"The true extent of America’s horrifying culpability in plotting Libya’s downfall has been exposed in the latest Hillary email dump and the rational for the overthrow is as disturbing as the means by which America toppled Gaddafi."

My comment: The end result of one of the worst military blunders that Hillary Clinton was intermittently in charge of is 4 dead - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_fatalities_and_injuries_of_the_2012_Benghazi_attack

At the very least Hillary Clinton lied to congress and should be charged with "general perjury the maximum sentence being five-year prison sentence" - What happens if you lie to Congress

So Hillary should be in a prison cell right next to Bradley Manning right now.

And Killary is Pissed at Putin because he didnt openly support her after she signed off on Russias UraniumOne takeover 49:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LYRUOd_QoM

Sharpen up
You need to pull your head and observe the rules or you will have a short stay on here. No political ranting.
I would also have a better selection of sources as well. Wikileaks is not considered a reliable source and neither is Bradbury. He's further left wing than Mao Zedong or Stalin.

Ocean1Curse

You need to pull your head and observe the rules or you will have a short stay on here. No political ranting.
I would also have a better selection of sources as well. Wikileaks is not considered a reliable source and neither is Bradbury. He's further left wing than Mao Zedong or Stalin.
That's a bit harsh. Considering She did, and I mean thou who shall not be named for fear of ranting out ect. Declared herself that they where in fact her own documents. Theres right and wrong, truth and fiction. those that represent rumours as truth lives in fantasy

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
That's a bit harsh. Considering She did, and I mean thou who shall not be named for fear of ranting out ect. Declared herself that they where in fact her own documents. Theres right and wrong, truth and fiction. those that represent rumours as truth lives in fantasy
This is a defence forum not one on politics. If you want to get into a he said she said go elsewhere for that but not here. If I was being harsh you would have known about it. This is me being only slightly annoyed. If you wish to discuss further how this has been handled do it by PM, not in the open forum.

Ocean1Curse

This is a defence forum not one on politics. If you want to get into a he said she said go elsewhere for that but not here. If I was being harsh you would have known about it. This is me being only slightly annoyed. If you wish to discuss further how this has been handled do it by PM, not in the open forum.
On another note, I'll take ur advise, purely because I respect ur your guidance more than others.

I was looking into the wall to see if I could make a buck out of it and came to some conclusions I'd like to share with DT. I wrote this reply in another forum but I'll leave a copy here as I believe it has some relevance to this thread.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/FY 15 DHS Entry and Exit Overstay Report.pdf - Home Land Security estimate the number of illegal immigrants in the US at around 11 million and about 5 million of those are working. So even if trump wanted to deport all of them, employers can sponsor workers they want in strawberry fields and other fruit and veg farms across the US which is what undocumented workers in the US do any way. Why is that? Because literally no other persons want to do that job. The up side is undocumented workers become documented and receive minimum wage instead of below minimum.

Building a wall makes it harder to cross the US border but not impossible through tunnels or paper. Right now you can get a permit and bus ticket from Mexico to California where all the strawberry fields are, for about $200US an thousands and thousands of Mexicans do every day. So even if Trump decides to deport undocumented immigrants it's highly likely they'll show up the next day to start there shift in the strawberry fields. There are story's of some Mexican strawberry pickers being deported 6-20 times a year.

A lot of fake news tend to focus on immigrants crossing imaginary dessert boundaries but only a fraction do and most of them are drug mules. The vast majority, by along way cross boarder check points, about 700,000 cross with permits every day - https://www.reference.com/government-politics/many-mexicans-cross-border-year-5cb90159b4355204

So the wall is a monument of shame. The out come of building this illusionary wall will be more pathways for Mexicans seeking US residency, and all the taxes that generates. In a weird way it's a win win, remember undocumented immigrants get removed from the US multiple times a year. So getting sponsorship won't be such a bad thing for them. This one boarder jumper isn't an isolated incident - Mexican man charged with rape had been deported 10 times | New York Post

It's illusionary spending and when every one wakes up to themselves, and uppercut themselves. I'm sure the tweets will be furious.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
Can hardly wait for his phone call to Trudeau Jr. Two cheeks that form the perfect a$$hole. Considering the way he treats a valuable ally like Australia, it will be interesting to see how he interacts with a useless one. NAFTA is likely going to be neutered.:pope

swerve

Super Moderator
But don't you know, Low taxes are good. Who needs extra funds to invest into infrastructure, health and education allowing for better movement of resources, more productive work force (less sick days) and person's knowing what they are doing, That's just plain silly thinking that mate.

It's why so many of the Nordik countries with the extremely high taxes are soo bad with all there good road's, education and health.. Who needs that -_-
I recall someone who was present (council staff member) telling me about a meeting of local councillors & local business bosses (mostly local branches of multinationals) here.

Began with a presentation by councillors all about how they were cutting spending & thus able to keep the local property taxes low. The audience looked more & more restless as this went on. Question time at the end: Councillors bombarded with questions such as "What about schools?" "What about repairing roads?" "How can we attract staff if infrastructure's poor/schools are underfunded/etc.?". :eek:nfloorl:

It turned out that Microsoft, Oracle, Fujitsu etc. didn't mind paying property taxes as long as they thought they were being spent sensibly & were helping to provide good conditions for business & recruitment.

Sorry for veering off topic.

swerve

Super Moderator
Evidently according to the White House it was Prime Minister Trumble of Australia who Trump spoke to last week.

The White House can't even get Aussie Prime Minister's name right - World - NZ Herald News

Good grief ....
This is the White House which criticises the press for not reporting an imaginary massacre, for truthfully reporting the relative sizes of crowds at different US presidential inaugurations, etc. What do you expect? It's an alternative fact.

Boagrius

This is the White House which criticises the press for not reporting an imaginary massacre, for truthfully reporting the relative sizes of crowds at different US presidential inaugurations, etc. What do you expect? It's an alternative fact.
I find it all pretty disturbing as an Aussie. Right at a time where our strategic situation is shifting under our feet we have this kind of nonsense going on. If anything we need a level headed and engaged USA in our region, not WWE inspired political theatre. It's going to be an interesting (or maybe just depressing?) 4-8yrs for the ANZUS alliance methinks.

KiwiRob

Good roads, I take it you've never been to Norway, Sweden and Denmark have good roads, Norway doesn't, the decades worth of underinvestment in Norway's roading and transport infrastructure is a national shame!

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Good roads, I take it you've never been to Norway, Sweden and Denmark have good roads, Norway doesn't, the decades worth of underinvestment in Norway's roading and transport infrastructure is a national shame!
Do you come back home often? Roads here are not the best either. Again infrastructure underinvestment over time.

KiwiRob

Do you come back home often? Roads here are not the best either. Again infrastructure underinvestment over time.
I do, every two years, the main things I noticed when I moved to Norway were the shitty food, poor roads and shockingly bad infrastructure. The week after I arrived they closed down a dozen schools due to legionaries disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.