US Navy News and updates

Ananda

The Bunker Group

Looking on the concept, I don't know, but I just thought why it is shown Type 055 lines? Well if it is other way around, we can see some western publication already call another Chinese copy.

62b14ee84245600018ddac93.jpeg

No personal attack at all, you are being childish, that is not speculation ;)

And other "leaks" in the same period said we would be getting the last 2 Astute's on the UK line, blah blah blah !

Like I said, you want to speculate endelesly, plenty of other sites around.

Now that it is confirmed you will no doubt be able to discuss to your hearts content based on what we now know as fact. That is the little key word you don;t seem to get "fact"
I’m interested as to why moderators are not out with their red pen on this post? Since when is calling someone childish expressing a reasonable opinion reasonable? Little wonder why the ADF has such trouble recruiting if this is the standard way of managing differences of opinion.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Im not sure if capabilities match the 055 seems impressive
I don't know what will be the electronics and sensors set will be on this DDX concept, but I believe that will be the real USN aim as provide edges toward Type 055. Realistically Type 055 that will going to be peer adversary of this DDGX.

I can only speculate on the concept drawing potential VLS number. The concept seems shown similar dimensions with type 055. We can see in the concept 64 VLS in front, and base on dimensions scale I suspect similar VLS number or at least 48 in the mid section. This will make more VLS then current Burke class 96 VLS now, and more in similar range of Type 055.

PLAN will going to continue improve their Type 055 electronics and sensors, no doubt about that. This USN DDGX going to make PLAN knows well it is aim to counter their Type 055. Curious though if this DDGX actually aim to replace Burke or Tico.

Volkodav

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
I don't know what will be the electronics and sensors set will be on this DDX concept, but I believe that will be the real USN aim as provide edges toward Type 055. Realistically Type 055 that will going to be peer adversary of this DDGX.

I can only speculate on the concept drawing potential VLS number. The concept seems shown similar dimensions with type 055. We can see in the concept 64 VLS in front, and base on dimensions scale I suspect similar VLS number or at least 48 in the mid section. This will make more VLS then current Burke class 96 VLS now, and more in similar range of Type 055.

PLAN will going to continue improve their Type 055 electronics and sensors, no doubt about that. This USN DDGX going to make PLAN knows well it is aim to counter their Type 055. Curious though if this DDGX actually aim to replace Burke or Tico.
The linked graphic shows payload modules as a potential outfit. Existing payload modules are meant to have 7 Tomahawk or three hypersonic missiles each. I have no real details on them but if they can hold tomahawks them logically they could hold Standard.

I have no idea how many ESSM could be carried.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I’m interested as to why moderators are not out with their red pen on this post? Since when is calling someone childish expressing a reasonable opinion reasonable? Little wonder why the ADF has such trouble recruiting if this is the standard way of managing differences of opinion.
If you have a problem with how this forum is moderated do by personal messaging - not by complaining in the open forum.

Next point, WRT your reply to aussienscale he is quite correct in his reply. That's why it wasn't red inked.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Lockheed Martin Developing New, Larger VLS for DDG(X) - Naval News
L-M is developing a new larger, wider, deeper VLS system for possible use on the DDG(X), at this stage the USN has not specified larger VLS cells but with the upcoming generation of hypersonic missiles a new system is going to be needed.
They have the Mk-57 VLS Mk-57 Peripheral Vertical Launching System PVLS Zumwalt DDG used on the DDG-1000 Zumwalt Class. It is larger and designed with increased missile size and payload in mind.

Sandhi Yudha

A new chapter in satisfying the Leftish Political Correctness in the US.

Volkodav

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro

There seems to be a fascination with sex and sexuality in all walks of life, most of it being in the form of outrage that "certain" people are allowed, or encouraged, to serve.

My perspective is, so long as an individual is willing and able to serve they should be allowed to. People of colour, women and others were once banned for arbitrary reasons.

When individuals are barred or excluded for reasons that have nothing to do with their skill, ability and loyalty, they are not the problem.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro

That'll go down well with the Christian fundamentalists and the Republicans :D

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
CVN 73 overhaul article highlights USN management issues and also HI’s limitations wrt shipyard infrastructure. They clearly need additional capacity with overhauls and new CVN construction interfering with each other…add in Virginia woes and it isn’t a pretty picture. Terrible situation for CVN 73 crew, many who have had their initial tour in a shipyard….sort of ruins the join the navy and see the world motto.

Meriv90

4th Constellation awarded to Fincantieri for 526mln USD, looks things are going smooth or they wouldn't have, probably we will see as per plans the ship delivered in 2026. Just 3 more years.

I've been writing my thesis so pretty busy, let me check if i also skipped other interesting news.

Volkodav

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro

4th Constellation awarded to Fincantieri for 526mln USD, looks things are going smooth or they wouldn't have, probably we will see as per plans the ship delivered in 2026. Just 3 more years.

I've been writing my thesis so pretty busy, let me check if i also skipped other interesting news.
Never assume follow on orders to corrolate to performance or capability. They are still commissioning LCS after all.