The Spanish Navy - Armada Española

Sea Toby

A few weeks ago it was difficult to find any good images of her on the world wide web. Search her now, and loads of links pop up. There is even a fs2004 computer game image available now. Who is going to christened her? Will she be Queen Sophia?

AegisFC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
It is a very good looking ship, I'd love to see more pics of her from different angles.

swerve

Super Moderator
Looks like the edge of the storm that hit us today brushed Galicia. A blustery March day. Well, she'll see many more of them. :D Good thing the storm didn't hit full-on, or the launch might have had to be postponed.

Nice to see a traditional launch, backwards into the water. Is she the biggest ship the Armada has had? The old battleships I've read of were smaller, more like the size of Principe de Asturias.

Yes swerve, is the biggest ship the Armada ever had, the three battleships, España,AlfonsoXIII and Jaime I, also built in Ferrol around 1909 had a desplacement of 16450 tonnes, as you very well said about the size of the PDA.

Tasman

Ship Watcher
Verified Defense Pro
Thanks for the pics and the video. She is an impressive ship. I particularly like the look of the ski jump and it will be interesting to see how well she is able to operate the AV-8B and eventually the F-35B.

Tas