The Russian-Ukrainian War Thread

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Russia claimed shot down 17 drones in a day.
Perhaps lasers works or they managed to do that in another way.

One method to avoid lasers is to cover drones by reflective painting, it is possible reflect more than 96% of laser power
If it is a RF hamming method is to change all comms systems, it is impossible by a simple software upgrade
Welcome to the Forum @lezo

We do have a set of rules that we expect everyone to follow so it would be in your best interest to read and understand them. We don't hold with unfounded speculation so we do require reputable, reliable sources for claims made in posts.

Rock the kasbah

I know nothing of the website and author, however I posted this here as it pertains to the first couple of days of the war.
It's a good if lengthy read. If it's all bollox please let us know.

vonnoobie

This appeared in this mornings NZ Herald claiming that Putin is the reason for the Russian failures in Ukraine. Apparently he's micromanaging everything down to battalion level and just because he achieved the highly exalted rank of lieutenant in the artillery and claims to have lead a howitzer battalion as a lieutenant (??????) he thinks that he is gifted like Napoleon being a supreme strategist and tactician. Jeez I though corporals were bad enough when they had delusions of grandeur.

Russia-Ukraine war: Putin is 'isolated' and 'alone' as he micromanages country's failing war - NZ Herald
When people started comparing Putin to Hitler I never actually expected Putin to take it a step further and emilate Hitlers micromanagement strategy.... Might be time for Ukraine to award him a medal for outstanding achievement in thwarting Russian operations??

On subject of LL wasnt just the trucks, tanks and planes sent but what made a huge difference was the number of locomotives and box cars sent, Have seen figures in past putting the Soviet railway fleet at times being 92% made up of Western locomotives and box cars. With out them all those factories in Siberia would not have been able to send any of their production to the front lines.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
This appeared in this mornings NZ Herald claiming that Putin is the reason for the Russian failures in Ukraine. Apparently he's micromanaging everything down to battalion level and just because he achieved the highly exalted rank of lieutenant in the artillery and claims to have lead a howitzer battalion as a lieutenant (??????) he thinks that he is gifted like Napoleon being a supreme strategist and tactician. Jeez I though corporals were bad enough when they had delusions of grandeur.

Russia-Ukraine war: Putin is 'isolated' and 'alone' as he micromanages country's failing war - NZ Herald
The article provides literally 0 evidence. Just claims. I would love to see what they are basing this on. I have little to no faith in blanket claims from one side or the other. It's certainly possible Putin has lost his mind and is personally micromanaging the war. But it's far from clear that this is the case.

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would love to see what they are basing this on. I have little to no faith in blanket claims from one side or the other.
There is some distortion of facts being filtered out in the war in Ukraine and it’s hard to distinguish fact from opinion at times.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update.

The North.

Desna training center got hit again. Russian sources are claiming major casualties (250-300) but details and evidence are lacking. It looks like one missile hit a barracks, and another hit an open space.

Akhtyrka got hit again, allegedly the staging area for the 91st National Guard regiment.

Pole taping continues in Kiev. Overall there seem to be far fewer incidents of this lately, and this is a good sign.

Kherson-Nikolaev-Odessa.

Battle damage from a Russian strike, Odessa.

Russian artillery, allegedly near Kherson.

Presumably Ukrainian shelling hits the outskirts of Kherson.

Russian SpN soldier, Shirokaya Balka, Kherson region.

Russian repair btln operating near Kherson.

Zaporozhye-Dnepropetrovsk.

Some evidence has emerged of an attempted Ukrainian counter-attack at Vishenvoe, near Gulyaypole. Russian sources are claiming dozens of destroyed MBTs and IFVs but we can only partially confirm a handful of destroyed vehicles, one of which appears to be a Polish-supplied T-72M. In the first video at the 2:15 mark we see a destroyed MBT and BMP on the dirt track road. Then we have another destroyed MBT with a flung turret. Then a third MBT, also with a flung turret, also on the dirt track road but in a different location, and last we have two more MBTs that look knocked out. I count 5 MBTs, and 1 BMP.

Evidence of fuel shortage continues to surface, a long line of cars waiting for fuel in Zaporozhye.

Kharkov-Sumy.

Interesting footage from near Pitomnik village, Kharkov area, of a Russian T-80BVM taking one hit, dodging another, and returning fire. Interesting things to note. A tank, by itself, riding around on a road, surrounded by vegetation. Where is the rest of his unit? Where is the infantry?

Large explosion heard in Kharkov.

Near Tsirkuny, outskirts of Kharkov, Ukrainian sources are passing off what appears to be a T-64B turret upgraded with Nozh ERA for a destroyed Russian tank. A burned out GAZ-66 can be seen behind it, painted an off-green that doesn't match Russian paint schemes. Both vehicles are likely Ukrainian.

Ukrainian 2S1 was found abandoned in Kharkov area.

LNR troops of the interior operating in Kharkov area, village Rubezhnoe.

Russian security forces raiding homes in Volchansk.

Weapons found by Russian forces in Kharkov area, likely as a result of the above-shown raids.

An improvised crossing point across Severskiy Donets, using a wire and a raft. This is presumably a Ukrainian crossing point.

The Izyum Salient.

A destroyed T-72B, presumably Ukrainian, based on the foreign MRE. Warning footage of corpses.

A CNN report passes off destroyed Ukrainian T-64BM Bulat as Russian tanks. If the location claim is accurate and this is near Belogorovka, that it confirms that at least some of the destroyed vehicles at the crossing were Ukrainian. Some sources state that these tanks were taken out on the road near the crossing, and therefore aren't part of the footage we've seen before, and CNN just made a mistake.

Russian forces and LNR reservists are repelling Ukrainian counter-attacks at Dolgen'koe village, southern most part of the Izyum Salient. Note after the 1 minute mark we have a man in black body armor with a St. George ribbon. I think this is the same improvised body armor we've seen LNR forces receive before, with metal strike plates that can allegedly stop 5.45mm. In the second video we see a BMP-2 and a T-72Bmod'89. In the third link we have some footage of fires around Dolgen'koe.

Weapons captured at Dolgen'koe.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
LDNR Front.

Ukrainian forces are allegedly in the woods around Severodonetsk, getting shelled.

Rebel forces apparently have taken Orekhovo, a small village that is now in the semi-encircled pocket between Popasnaya and Severodonetsk. The rebel unit in question is identified as the 14th Territorial Defense Btln. A T-64BV can be seen knocked out, it allegedly hit a land mine while trying to retreat.

Russian forces north of Popasnaya, pushing towards Kamyshevakha. Note the elite infantry unit, and a BTR-82A going by. I suspect that in addition to the mercenaries and VDV elements, there is likely a SpN element operating there too.

LNR forces near Novozvanovka. This is south-west of Popasnaya. In other words, rebel infantry is also involved in the breakout at Popasnaya. We can see a destroyed BMP-(1?) at the beginning, possibly a Ukrainian, a burned out Kamaz that's probably Russian or rebel, based on the paint scheme and the vehicle type (though there are no tactical markings and Ukraine does have some Kamaz trucks). We also see a destroyed BMP-2 or BRM-1 at the end, unclear whose. We also see some overrun Ukrainian positions. This suggests that rebel infantry has entered Ukrainian positions on the outskirts of Novozvanovka.

Rebels shelling Ukrainian positions near Gorlovka.

Russian Ka-52s striking targets near Avdeevka.

Rebel ATGM firing at an alleged Ukrainian position. There has been a pattern of using ATGMs against Ukrainian positions, rather then vehicles.

Rebel infantry near Gorlovka is using a strange RPG rocket variant in indirect fire mode. I'm not sure what the warhead type or the intended target is.

Russian mortar team operating somewhere in the Donbas.

Russian National Guard mortar team operating, LNR area.

Ukrainian UAV went down near New York (Novgorodskoe).

A Russian BMPT column. Sources seem to differ whether this unit is near Severodonetsk or near Popasnaya. Presumably there is only one BMPT unit in the area.

UAV footage of rebel artillery landing on Ukrainian trenches.

A Russian T-72B near Severodonetsk, allegedly a btln commander's vehicle, took 3 hits, but remains active.

A large explosion in Kramatorsk, presumably battle damage from a Russian strike.

A large explosion in Artemovsk (Bakhmut) probably also from a Russian strike.

Rebel improvised anti-UAV weapon.

Mariupol'.

Azov fighters being taken out by bus.

More footage of the surrender of Azovstal'.

The West.

Allegedly, Russian strikes hit L'vov hard. The town is a major hub for foreign military aid and continued Russian strikes make sense. Ukrainian air defenses were active, and some sources are blaming falling SAMs for the damage to the city. It's unclear at this time (it's completely plausible that both a Russian strike landed and a Ukrainian SAM misfired and fell on the city.

Russia.

Bezymeno and Solokhi villages, Belgorod region, got hit by shelling.

Distant explosions can be heard in Belgorod.

The Guyrza-M boat captured at Berdyansk has been taken to Sevastopol'.

Russia has lifted all travel restrictions on the LDNR territories. This isn't a huge change but it does make it easier for people to travel back and forth, and should help the local economy.

Misc.

Russian strikes, location and context unclear. The second video is the 61st Marine Bde using a quadcopter to drop a handgrenade.

Orlan-10 strike variant being used in Ukraine. It's not the worst idea in principle but there are serious questions about the accuracy. It's also obvious a poor substitute for real UCAVs.

Apparently Ukrainian soldiers accidentally filmed a Russian missile strike and can be heard yelling that the strike location is where they sleep at night.

Another Ukrainian SUV carrying soldiers got hit by a tank shell, killing 4. Warning footage of corpses.

Another Ukrainian pickup truck carrying soldiers got hit by shrapnel. Allegedly at least one KIA, the person filming says his friend was "ripped apart".

Ukrainian light infantry element got hit by a Russian strike. note the civilian SUVs and pickup trucks, painted in camo, being used for transport.

Russian troops allegedly captured this 2S3. Note the roof mesh net. I don't think this is a Russian top-attack umbrella. I think this is camouflage intended to hide the vehicle from aerial recon.

Assorted footage of Russian and rebel forces, Ukraine.

Russian Tornado armored truck.

Russian BTR-82A uparmored with sandbags.

Russian Tigr-Ms with turrets for the gunners (finally).

Russian Marines, ZSU-23-4, uparmored, Ukraine.

An interesting point of contradiction. We have two versions of the same video. Russian sources say it's a Russian T-90A towing a captured Ukrainian tank. Ukrainian sources show the same video, playing in the opposite direction with the opposite claim. I'm honestly not sure how to tell which is the original and which is the reversed video.

A video of Russian recon questioning Ukrainian POWs that apparently were just captured (are still wearing their kevalrs). One first threatens to cut off someones head and then ear, while the other then tells him not to. Afterwards a Ukrainian soldier apparently tells them about their positions, and HQ. It appears to be a pretty typical case of good cop bad cop, with added terror.

Russian A-50 operating over or near Ukraine.

Russia claims to have used a laser system in Ukraine called Zadira-16. No images of this system are available and I've never seen that name before. It's possible that this is a prototype system being used in combat for the first time. Laser-based anti-UAV systems aren't that common yet, but a number of countries are developing them, and one has even been used in combat, Libya 2020.

NATO/EU & Co.

7 South African Mamba Mk2 armored cars were seen entering Ukraine in L'vov region, military aid from Estonia.

Reports that Germany has handed over 2450 RGW90 Matador rocket launchers, 3000 DM-31 mines, and 1600 DM-22 anti-tank mines.

Upgraded Polish-supplied T-72M1s with K-1 ERA.

STURM

When people started comparing Putin to Hitler I never actually expected Putin to take it a step further and emilate Hitlers micromanagement strategy....
Hitler only started regularly micro managing things at a later stage in the war and even then it was dependent on circumstances like who the commander was; how desperate the situation; the political impact; etc. At various points he listened to the opinions of his commanders/advisors and at times was right in overruling them.

With out them all those factories in Siberia would not have been able to send any of their production to the front lines.
Indeed and without the thousands of American lorries sent; getting the supplies to the units would have been much harder.

swerve

Super Moderator
American & Canadian lorries: one of Canada's great contributions to WW2 was providing 800,000 lorries & lighter wheeled vehicles, of which 410,000 were Canadian Military Pattern trucks. Some of them were shipped to the USSR.

The USSR was given 400,000 or so western lorries altogether: hundreds of thousands, not just thousands.

lezo

''Buyers are also supported by Baykar’s programmers. The TB2, which Bayraktar compares to his smartphone, has more than forty onboard computers, and the company sends out software updates several times a month to adapt to adversarial tactics. “You’ve seen the articles, probably, asking how World War One-performance aircraft can compete against some of the most advanced air defenses in the world,” Bayraktar said. “The trick there is to continuously upgrade them.”
Russia claimed shot down 17 drones in a day and have an operating laser unit.
With a reflective painting the drone can reflect more than 90% of the laser power:

Improvement of near-infrared (NIR) reflectivity and black color tone by doping Zn2+ into the Ca2Mn0.85Ti0.15O4 structure
C9RA07849E.gif

There is the reflective paint that can be used to protect drones

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
With a reflective painting the drone can reflect more than 90% of the laser power:

Improvement of near-infrared (NIR) reflectivity and black color tone by dovisble light ping Zn2+ into the Ca2Mn0.85Ti0.15O4 structure
View attachment 49364

You have linked to a chemistry paper that looks at a possible mitigation for Urban Heat Island problems. So I expect that you know what Urban Heat Islands are, their causes and more importantly their impacts. You do realise that the infrared wave band is significantly larger than the visible light waveband So please explain to me and the rest of us how the proposed paint will protect UAVs from lasers? Secondly, what wavebands and frequencies do military lasers use?

Be advised the answer to my question is a Moderator requirement. Failure to provide a coherent and valid answer with the appropriate sources, will not be acceptable.

STURM

A Russian T-72B near Severodonetsk, allegedly a btln commander's vehicle, took 3 hits, but remains active..
We tend to hear only or mainly about the ones that get destroyed and nothing about the ones that survive. There's a video of a MBT LAW being fired from a window onto a MBT. The MBT survived; in this case MBT LAW malfunctioned but there clearly are cases of Russian MBTs being hit by munitions which functioned as intended but survived.

Upgraded Polish-supplied T-72M1s with K-1 ERA.
I may be wrong but I'm not aware of the Poles ever having K-1; only ERAWA. I would assume that K-1 was fitted by the Ukrainians.

To the best of your knowledge was K-1 ever produced outside of Russia?

protoplasm

Improvement of near-infrared (NIR) reflectivity and black color tone by doping Zn2+ into the Ca2Mn0.85Ti0.15O4 structure
View attachment 49364

Whilst I understand the idea that you can use a paint to increase the reflectivity to NIR radiation that is a big leap to get from building paint to something that'll work on an aircraft, particularly a small one. Note: there are a number of common lasing mediums that have characteristic wavelengths, Nd:YAG being a common solid state lasing material with an output wavelength of 1064nm (Laser Fundamentals (fas.org)). There are a number of other materials that can induce shorter wavelengths approaching the visible spectrum which are far less affected by a titanium dioxide complex, regardless of what it is doped with. At 800nm two thirds of the energy is being absorbed by the target.

These paints are not light, with a significant percentage of metals in their chemical structure, which will affect the drone's operation. You can't just slap this stuff on a drone and expect it to fly as normal.

lezo

You have linked to a chemistry paper that looks at a possible mitigation for Urban Heat Island problems. So I expect that you know what Urban Heat Islands are, their causes and more importantly their impacts. You do realise that the infrared wave band is significantly larger than the visible light waveband So please explain to me and the rest of us how the proposed paint will protect UAVs from lasers? Secondly, what wavebands and frequencies do military lasers use?

Be advised the answer to my question is a Moderator requirement. Failure to provide a coherent and valid answer with the appropriate sources, will not be acceptable.
Right, in the chemistry paper and in the attached figure appears as in the infrared spectrum the paint reflects more than 90% of the incident power, then it is needed 10 times more energy to destroy the UAV if an infrared laser is used.
There are more efficient reflective coatings but must be centered at the wavelength of the laser
It is possible to build lasers that are out of the infrared spectrum but fortunately parts are more difficult to obtain to Russia due sanctions

Lasers can destroy also optical equipment and laser guide systems but they must be protected in other way and I do not like to give too much information about because can help to the other part

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
We tend to hear only or mainly about the ones that get destroyed and nothing about the ones that survive. There's a video of a MBT LAW being fired from a window onto a MBT. The MBT survived; in this case MBT LAW malfunctioned but there clearly are cases of Russian MBTs being hit by munitions which functioned as intended but survived.

I may be wrong but I'm not aware of the Poles ever having K-1; only ERAWA. I would assume that K-1 was fitted by the Ukrainians.

To the best of your knowledge was K-1 ever produced outside of Russia?
It's definitely Ukraine up-armoring the T-72M1s and with good reason. For manufacturing, I'm sure Ukraine can manufacture K-1 or an equivalent.

Unconfirmed: There are several pro-russian sources claiming that Russia has taken Liman or at least the part north of the railway and that between 300 and 600 Ucranian soldiers have surrendered. We need more independent reporting to confirm or disprove this claim.
There was info that Russian troops were on the outskirts of Liman last night. I've seen verbal claims but nothing else. 300 POWs is a large number, it would be the third largest mass surrender that we have confirmation of (two larger were the Il'yich and Azovstal'). I would expect photos of masses of POWs.

EDIT: Some other thoughts on this alleged mass surrender. There are elements of the 79th Bde in Liman, and iirc that was one of the units where we had soldiers complaining from. There have also been a few POWs from that unit already, though nothing major. The elements in Liman are pinned against the river, and while it's not impossible to escape, I suspect withdrawing the entire force is a stretch under the best of circumstances. It's not quite as hopeless as Mariupol', but not implausible. Liman is certainly a much smaller city, and there is no giant warren of industrial blight with convenient bunkers to hide in. In principle it would not surprise me if there was some sort of mass surrender. The circumstances for it are right. However, evidence is key, and so far we don't have any.

Last edited:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update.

The North.

More footage of the battle damage at Desna from the recent strike.

Ukrainian forces blew a bridge leading to Chernigov in the north.

Kherson-Nikolaev-Odessa.

Artillery exchanges on the Kherson-Nikolaev axis continue. Russian shelling of Nikolaev area.

Russian security forces, Kherson region.

Kharkov-Sumy.

Russian night strikes in Kharkov region.

Ukrainian T-64BV knocked out near Ol'hovka, Kharkov region.

Russian strike on Lozovaya, Kharkov region.

Interesting Ukrainian troop column near Kharkov, note the T-72M1s with K-1, MT-LBs as troop carrier, and MT-LBs towing guns.

The Izyum Salient.

Russian Grads firing, Izyum Salient.

Ukrainian Shturm-S, D-30 and assorted weapons allegedly all captured at the Izyum Salient.

Russia captured 122mm shells around Liman.

Russian Eleron-3 UAV, near Yampol'.

Assorted footage of Russian forces in the Izyum Salient.

LDNR Front.

A Ukrainian team blows the Rubezhnoe-Severodonetsk bridge.

A Russian supply column of 7 vehicles near Kamyshevakha got destroyed.

Smoke rising over Severodonetsk, distant artillery rumbles. The assault on the city is about to begin.

More footage of the 61st Marine Bde using quadcopters to drop grenades, this time we have a location. Avdeevka.

DNR forces using captured Stugna-P ATGMs. Note, once again the target isn't a vehicle but apparently a Ukrainian fighting position.

LNR Grads firing.

Artillery hitting Ukrainian positions at Zolotoe.

Strange footage of a BTR-82, allegedly using indirect-fire at Ukrainian positions near Peski. Presumably with UAV fire correction, you could dial it in and get some sort of accuracy on target, but it looks strange to me.

Destroyed, allegedly Ukrainian, BMP, Novotoshkovskoye.

Russian Marines and BMPTs likely from the 90th Tank Div on the outskirts of Kamyshevakha. They are apparently also part of the Popasnaya breakout.

Another BMPT sighting, with a BMD-2 leading the column for some reason. Presumably these are the same ones.

LNR area, someone (rebels, Russian regulars or irregulars) captured a BMP-2 that belong to the Chernigov military academy.

Chechen volunteer fighters show off trophies. Note that these don't look like the Tik-tok btln. Rather these look like the Chechen volunteer fighters we've seen. Based on the BMP-2 they pose with, it's LNR area.

Rebel T-64BVs and BMP-2s operating near Zolotoe.

Interesting rebel T-64(B?), not BV, with K-1 isntalled.

What I think are rebel forces near Severodonetsk.

LNR forces repairing Ukrainian captured vehicles.

Russian EOD continues clearing UXO and land mines, LNR area.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
The West.

A rail station in Zhitomyr region got hit, 3 missiles allegedly, one intercepted by Ukrainian air defenses.

Russia.

Tetkino village, Kursk region, Russia, got shelled. 1 civilian is reported killed.

Training of volunteer fighters in Chechnya continues.

Russian support ship Vsevolod Bobrob with a Pantsyr on the deck. Unclear if this is for transportation or the SAM can operate that way.

Ukrainian POWs being kept at Yelenovka.

Misc.

Russian strikes, location and context unclear.

A knocked out AT-105 somewhere, location and context unclear.

Ukrainian forces operating M-777s and their armored towing trucks, location and context unclear.

Russian Msta-S operating somewhere in Ukraine.

Russian Tor-M2 operating, location and context unclear.

A new Russian anti-UAV system, the Silok, has been spotted in Ukraine.

Russia continues haphazard uparmoring of trucks. Note the one in the second link. It looks much more professional.

A Tigr-M with an improvised turret and up-armoring.

Russian Strela-10M3 in Ukraine.

A mod'2020 AK-12 variant in Ukraine.

A scarce Carl Gustaf submachinegun in Ukrainian hands, possibly territorial defense forces.

A pair of Ukrainian MiG-29s low altitude. Location and context unclear.

Captured German land mines.

Russian SpN soldier using a captured AT-4.

Russian soldier with a Garpun-2M anti-UAV rifle.

Polish LMP-2017 spotted in Ukrainian hands.

A Russian T-80BVM flying a Soviet flag with a picture of Stalin on it.

NATO/EU.

A package of military aid has been announced by the US for Ukraine. It includes another 18 howitzers, 3 AN/TPQ-36 radars, and other equipment.

Ukrainian training with Czech Dana howitzers.

It appears some weapons the US seized around Yemen are being supplied to Ukraine.

There are unconfirmed reports that Ukraine will get it's first 15 Gepards in July.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Right, in the chemistry paper and in the attached figure appears as in the infrared spectrum the paint reflects more than 90% of the incident power, then it is needed 10 times more energy to destroy the UAV if an infrared laser is used.
There are more efficient reflective coatings but must be centered at the wavelength of the laser
It is possible to build lasers that are out of the infrared spectrum but fortunately parts are more difficult to obtain to Russia due sanctions

Lasers can destroy also optical equipment and laser guide systems but they must be protected in other way and I do not like to give too much information about because can help to the other part
The chemistry paper is for the reflection of heat energy or solar radiation on the infrared wavelength band that is in two different wavelengths that climatologists generally refer to as long (L) and short (K) wave length radiation. It arrives first from the sun and is notated as longwave down (L↓), longwave up (L↑), shortwave down (K↓) and shortwave up (K↑). In an Urban Heat Island (UHI) the temperature differential varies from location to location because of geography but most UHIs have about a 3 - 5°C increase in temperature than the surrounding non urban area. A large urban area like Atlanta in the US or Shanghai in PRC have UHIs that create their own climates and research has shown that these have produced there own thunderstorms and other weather phenomena. Based on this and other UHI research I doubt if that paint additive would be sufficient to reflect such temperatures that a laser would produce. A UHI temperature would be no more than 55°C because after that it would be unliveable. A good reference for UHIs is: Okes TR, 1987: Boundary Layer Climates, Second Edition, Routledge & Co, London UK. pp 299 - 302. Trevor Okes was a very good climatologist.

For a laser to destroy a UAV it has to achieve a burn through and most UAV materials have combustion temperatures in the hundreds of degrees Celsius. There's a very good image that shows the electromagnetic spectrum:

1653376676031.png
Source: Laser Fundamentals (fas.org)

They have a nice table to:
Table 1. Common Lasers and Their Wavelengths

LASER TYPE
WAVELENGTH (Nanometers)
Argon Fluoride​
193​
Xenon Chloride​
308 and 459​
Xenon Fluoride​
353 and 459​
Helium Cadmium​
325 - 442​
Rhodamine 6G​
450 - 650​
Copper Vapor​
511 and 578​
Argon​
457 - 528 (514.5 and 488 most used)​
Frequency doubled Nd:YAG​
532​
Helium Neon​
543, 594, 612, and 632.8​
Krypton​
337.5 - 799.3 (647.1 - 676.4 most used)​
Ruby​
694.3​
Laser Diodes​
630 - 950​
Ti:Sapphire​
690 - 960​
Alexandrite​
720 - 780​
Nd:YAG​
1064​
Hydgrogen Fluoride​
2600 - 3000​
Erbium:Glass​
1540​
Carbon Monoxide​
5000 - 6000​
Carbon Dioxide​
10600​

So it is easy enough to figure out which kind of laser fits where in the EM spectrum.

You didn't answer my question and just regurgitated your original post. It's clear that you don't know what you are talking about and that given what you have posted so far and the manner of your posts you are a troll. Hence you are banned for trolling. Hasta la vista.