The Indian Tejas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titanium

Oh dear o dear, I was talking about LCA. I know very well J-10 is operational for sometime now.

Big mixup for u
Cheer up!

yess

ops sorry Titanium..
i thought you were talking about J-10. my bad..
and you are wright some fanboys compare it with Typhoon and JSF no less. .
as far as the Stealth in LCA goes i highly dough it!

kams

But composite structure can bite. Just to let you know, there already has been a series of airliner accidents involving the delamination of composite in tail rudders and so on. Composite is unpredictable in the way it lasts under long term stress environments, and it requires studious inspection and maintenance. Throwing a lot of it in the start when you don't have previous recent fighter development experience is ambitious but risky. I think a lot of time were spent validating the composite structures and members.

Are you talking about Airbus A300 incident in NY? and some other non fatal incidents (I think one over Caribbean A310)? If so, you do know the real reasons behind the incidents. If not I would be greatfull for some reference.

Crobato, Do not look at Tejas as just one platform, but as foundation to aviation research in India. Then you will understand why they chose tough road.

Last edited:

sidewinder2006

exactly............... !!!1

although LCA is still far away from being active in service..but the fruits of this project are already getting introduced in m2k,jags and even the mighty MKI !!

Titanium

although LCA is still far away from being active in service..but the fruits of this project are already getting introduced in m2k,jags and even the mighty MKI !!
Certainly the LCA did achive in some subsystems, which contributed to other aircraft. Do bear in mind the subsystems were of soft skill in nature, like mission computers, EW Etc, which India no doubt is very strong in. But building a aircraft and tank is not in India's genes.

The best is ala Israel, which abandon the aircraft development dream and concentrated on the skill set, which it is good at, radar, missile etc.

yess

what fruits are we exactly talking about here?? if LCA technology is integrated in MKIs then it be so lethal against even the PAF JF-17!

kams

sidewinder,

A word of caution (sorry can't PM you), DFT (think about it will ya)

You may judge the knowledge and intention of posters who think an aircraft with an RCS 70% of 3 sq. m will be invisible in BVR range.

Foolish yanks trying to make F-22 with a RCS in the range of 0.0001 (or lesser) sq.m to make it stealthy where as per our inhouse experts all it takes (at BVR ranges mind you) is to reduce RCS mere 0.9 sq.m. :unknown :unknown :eek:nfloorl: :eek:nfloorl:

Any way carry on trolls. Have fun.

Ohhhh BTW an IP check will be revealing, but I guess nobody cares.

sidewinder2006

Certainly the LCA did achive in some subsystems, which contributed to other aircraft. Do bear in mind the subsystems were of soft skill in nature, like mission computers, EW Etc, which India no doubt is very strong in. But building a aircraft and tank is not in India's genes.

The best is ala Israel, which abandon the aircraft development dream and concentrated on the skill set, which it is good at, radar, missile etc.
well my dear friend !!!!1 Aircraft development is not that GENE dpendent...its all about how much money you can pour in !!!!!

Seriously speaking....after all the delay and cost overruns do you know the till now cost of deleoping lca ??? Its a mere 3 billion USS,Although its too much for a country like INDIA...... now compare it to the F-35..Its about 40billions there(may be morethan that,i dont know the exact figuire).

And I'e heard that in some subsystem depertment India is preffering indiginous equipmet over ruskie one such as RWR,Secure communication device,Datalinks,mission computers.And after using world class equipments from europian and russian origin do you really think that IAF will settle for something inferior to that ??????? It must be of equal caliber if not better..

Last edited:

Titanium

Seriously speaking....after all the delay and cost overruns do you know the till now cost of deleoping lca ??? Its a mere 3 billion USS,Although its too much for a country like INDIA...... now compare it to the F-35..Its about 40billions there(may be morethan that,i dont know the exact figuire).
Man you are a reallly living in self deception. How can you even attempt to compare LCA and F-35 development effort. :eek:nfloorl:

have you seen movie big fish?
And I'e heard that in some subsystem depertment India is preffering indiginous equipmet over ruskie one such as RWR,Secure communication device,Datalinks,mission computers.And after using world class equipments from europian and russian origin do you really think that IAF will settle for something inferior to that ??????? It must be of equal caliber if not better
I do know the subsystems you are talking , which i did mention in my previous post-read it again.

Jade

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Then what do u think of India's next gen combat aircraft with Russia ?

Is the collaboration on or what?

I hear mixed signals with regard to it .

Jade

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If i were you, i would not even think about the above comparision, still some fanboys compare it with Typhoon and JSF no less.:p: .

Without getting into comparision, first we need to see it operational and achive its basic parameters. Then only we would be even able to talk about the aircraft. till now the aircraft can only fly in straight line that to without attempting to reach the stated 1.8 mach speed level after what 700 hrs?
What good is a combat aircraft that can only fly straight ??????

Titanium

What good is a combat aircraft that can only fly straight ??????
Well that provides, if nothing else the bragging rights that we are also aerospace power and claim to super power -however little that maybe.

Seriously, I wish LCA project managers should have followed a pragmatic approach to the development. The very premise that they can develop the aircraft in 10 years "indeginously"-the much abused and raped word, was to kill the aircraft before it can fly.

I doubt a aircraft whose desined parameters set in 1983, with all "indeginous" systems will be of any good, even "IF" it roll out in 2012.

sidewinder2006

Well that provides, if nothing else the bragging rights that we are also aerospace power and claim to super power -however little that maybe.

Seriously, I wish LCA project managers should have followed a pragmatic approach to the development. The very premise that they can develop the aircraft in 10 years "indeginously"-the much abused and raped word, was to kill the aircraft before it can fly.

I doubt a aircraft whose desined parameters set in 1983, with all "indeginous" systems will be of any good, even "IF" it roll out in 2012.
Well what I think that it will be good enough !
Simply because It will never have to fight a F35 or a F22 or an Eurocanards. India's threat comes from mainly Pakistan and to some extent China .And to counter F16s and alike a LCA will be more than enough.Although it is indeed 80s design but the avionics it is getting is by no mean outdated..Datalink,FBW,hotas,IRST,Planned induction of AESA,ECM,..you name it ..it has it all !

LCA is basically Point defence fighters deployable in large numbers. (maybe some light penetration strike missions also)It will always have the advantage AWACS, Friendly air defence,and they will always be stationed in numbers.

And for the biggers threats such as PLAFF Flankers or JF17s...IAF's MKI and fulcrums will take care of that.But as far as PLAAAF is conceren I dont see it happening for at leaast another 30 years as mutual relationship between India an China are improving and both the countries are too powerful to each other to indulge in a war now !

By the way...any update about the AESA MMR for LCA ????
I've heard that IAF has made it clear that it wont accept anything less than AESA for post initial batch of 40 LCAs

yess

Well what I think that it will be good enough !
Simply because It will never have to fight a F35 or a F22 or an Eurocanards. India's threat comes from mainly Pakistan and to some extent China .And to counter F16s and alike a LCA will be more than enough.Although it is indeed 80s design but the avionics it is getting is by no mean outdated..Datalink,FBW,hotas,IRST,Planned induction of AESA,ECM,..you name it ..it has it all !

LCA is basically Point defence fighters deployable in large numbers. (maybe some light penetration strike missions also)It will always have the advantage AWACS, Friendly air defence,and they will always be stationed in numbers.

And for the biggers threats such as PLAFF Flankers or JF17s...IAF's MKI and fulcrums will take care of that.But as far as PLAAAF is conceren I dont see it happening for at leaast another 30 years as mutual relationship between India an China are improving and both the countries are too powerful to each other to indulge in a war now !
in 3-5 years from now all 80~ PAF F-16 will be given MLU to block 52+ standard, now their is no comparison between block 52+ with LCA, more likely MKIs to some extent.

sidewinder2006

in 3-5 years from now all 80~ PAF F-16 will be given MLU to block 52+ standard, now their is no comparison between block 52+ with LCA, more likely MKIs to some extent.
Common MAN............give ne a break !!!!!!!!!!
Dont compare an MKI to an f16 !!!! It is outclassed to MKI in whatever block you can think of !! And where do you find 80 f 16s in PAF ??? They arent even delivered yet...Other than that they are from two completely different class of fighters

And block 52..block 60 and block 80 these words mean nothing..it just gives you an idea of the packages that went in !!!

Now tell me a single thing in block 50 or 52 (Other than some mission specific gizmos)that LCA already doesnt have ??

Last edited:

kams

Dont compare an MKI and an f16 !!!! It is outclassed to MKI in whatever block you can think of !! And where do you find 80 f 16s in PAF ??? They arent even delivered yet...

And block 52..block 60 and block 80 these words mean nothing..it just gives you an idea of the packages that went in !!!

Now tell me a single thing in block 50 or 52 (Other than some mission specific gizmos)that LCA already doesnt have ??

This thread is all about LCA and plz dont turn it into PAF vs IAF or LCA vs F16 trash

You don't know about the invisibility cloak, Proton Torpedo, and energy field F-16 Block 52 has.

Edited..

Sidewinder. these trolls are having fun, don't feed them. The Ignore button is for this purpose.

Don't you think it is funny that, the forum Joker Nero has suddenly disappeared and two more have appeared Jade and Titanium:D .

Last edited:

yess

Dont compare an MKI to an f16 !!!! It is outclassed to MKI in whatever block you can think of !! And where do you find 80 f 16s in PAF ??? They arent even delivered yet...Other than that they are from two completely different class of fighters

:eek:nfloorl: you are a joke! what do you mean blocks dont mean anything??in fact these blocks mean A LOT! their is no dough that PAF current block 15 is no where near to even a IAF Mirage-2000 as M-2 out classes in almost every field! but these newly upgraded PAF f-16s will in fact be very close to Israeli Sufa in terms of technology !!! PAF will be very shortly receiving 18 F-16 block 52+ and 24 block 15 plus 34 of its own will be given MLU with block 52+!

i can go in depth with f-16 details but since the topic is "Tejas" i will stick to it..

it is funny how you chose to put LCA with F-16 block 52 and MKI with JF-17 against each other!
yes both LCA and F-16 might have same features but in terms of reliability, process, capability, performance, F-16 is way ahead of LCA..

sidewinder2006

:eek:nfloorl: you are a joke! what do you mean blocks dont mean anything??in fact these blocks mean A LOT! their is no dough that PAF current block 15 is no where near to even a IAF Mirage-2000 as M-2 out classes in almost every field! but these newly upgraded PAF f-16s will in fact be very close to Israeli Sufa in terms of technology !!! PAF will be very shortly receiving 18 F-16 block 52+ and 24 block 15 plus 34 of its own will be given MLU with block 52+!

i can go in depth with f-16 details but since the topic is "Tejas" i will stick to it..

it is funny how you chose to put LCA with F-16 block 52 and MKI with JF-17 against each other!
yes both LCA and F-16 might have same features but in terms of reliability, process, capability, performance, F-16 is way ahead of LCA..

you failed to understand my point !
even if a paf f 16 is upgraded to a block 52 it doesnt necessaryly mean that it will contain everything that is available to a block 52 config.It just depends on what are you paying for,what are your needs and most important of all what is actually on offer !!!!

So you just cant argue that your f16s will be just as same as a usaf f 16 b52 with all bells and whistles simply because they are of same blocks.

So discuss upon packages it is going to have rather than just going by the block nomenclature !

And if I am joking..you are making a joke of yourself too.How can you compare reliability,capability and performance of a fighter which is in service for almost 30 years in various countries with one that is yet to enter service.Now we wont get our hands on the actual performance parameters of a LCA ,all we can do is compare the publicly available stats of LCA with a F16.And if we go by the stats LCA surely looks better after considering its role,price and capability.Just remeber that F16s are the most advanced fighter in PAF inventory whereas LCAs will fill the LOW END need of IAF.

And to compare relaibility we just night have to wait another 15-20 years before we can comment on that.
And by the way just google about the reliability of earlier block f16s...you will know why they were once called widowmaker

F 16 is indeed a very capable and mature platform,no doubt about that but upgrading to 52 doesnt mean miracle. Surely upgrading will add new capability to it but that doest necessaryly knock out a lca of centention simply because it will feature every single thing that a paf b52 is likely to have and will feature things like AESA in post initial batch of 40 LCAs which a PAF F16 will never likely to get from US in fear of getting it transfered to the chinese !

Last edited:

sidewinder2006

sidewinder,

A word of caution (sorry can't PM you), DFT (think about it will ya)

You may judge the knowledge and intention of posters who think an aircraft with an RCS 70% of 3 sq. m will be invisible in BVR range.

Foolish yanks trying to make F-22 with a RCS in the range of 0.0001 (or lesser) sq.m to make it stealthy where as per our inhouse experts all it takes (at BVR ranges mind you) is to reduce RCS mere 0.9 sq.m. :unknown :unknown :eek:nfloorl: :eek:nfloorl:

Any way carry on trolls. Have fun.

Ohhhh BTW an IP check will be revealing, but I guess nobody cares.
Lol....very well put Kams !
I completely overlooked your post in the clutter..sorry abt that ya !

yess

Actually I was under the impression sidewinder is comic relief. :eek:nfloorl:

you have failed to know the detailed list of this potential sale of F-16s to PAF.. and perhaps you might understand lil bit of what i am talking about, so please go and visit the site f-16.net and learn the basics.

did you even know that the Israeli Sufa does not carry AESA but the same one as PAF all F-16s are going to the APG-68(V)9 radar! so is Sufa inferior to LCA?? in fact even MKI carries phased array radar!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.