Small Arms

A

Aussie Digger

Moving on the next weapon used by the Australian Army is the L119 Hamel 105mm gun. Due to be replaced by an 155mm Self propelled gun by 2008, maybe...

A

Aussie Digger

Here is Australia's biggest (at present) gun, a true behemoth being 12m's long and weighing 7000kgs. Also due for replacement with SP guns. I wonder if they'll replace the Copperhead guided munition as well?

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
shamayel said:
Nice pics. By the way in the 6 wheeled landy... is the drive going to the rear four wheels or is it 6 wheel drive??? :)
It's a 6wd. power and drive to the third axle is by a separate propellor shaft taking power from the transfer-case power take-off point.

A

Aussie Digger

No, not really, but I was so close to finishing my impromptu series on "Australia's Small Arms" that I thought I'd chuck them in anyway. I'll understand if they're moved.

A

Aussie Digger

The standard issue Australian Military sidearm; the L9A1 Browning High power 9mm pistol. Soon to be replaced by a new (and as yet unannounced) Pistol. I'm thinking something like the H&K USP will be chosen. The army will want a reliable9mm or perhaps 0.40S&W Cal pistol, that has a "double action" capability and a manual safety. They would go for a Glock (which SASR uses sometimes along with Sig Sauer pistols and updated Brownings) except for the lack of a manual safety...

Here's a 4RAR Commando in Iraq armed with the Browning:

And here's a Queensland Police Service (my current employer) issue Glock 22

Cheers.

umair

Peace Enforcer
Well mate! those" Aussie Annies"(twist on the (in)famous German Anzio Anny) can't be moved only deleted.So I guess they can stay here. :D

A

Aussie Digger

Nice gats there. I noticed Arnold using the G36 in Terminator 3 and Al Pacino using the Sig Sauer rifle in the Street battle in "Heat".

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Aussie Digger said:
Nice gats there. I noticed Arnold using the G36 in Terminator 3 and Al Pacino using the Sig Sauer rifle in the Street battle in "Heat".
Heat is a classic. One of the few movies (apart from Ronin) where they set contacts, covered mutual arcs and fell back properly. Still, seeing that the infamous Andy McNab was the tech advisor you would expect them to get it right.

A

Aussie Digger

You mean Andy Mcnob as he is universally known amongst Australian Soldiers? :) I actually feel a bit sorry for him. He is almost soley blamed over B20. In my view, he was the patrol commander of a patrol that didn't have a chance. 2 Other patrols went in at the same time (B10 and B30) and immediately bugged out. Yet he (in agreement with the rest of the troops) pushed on and tried to accomplish their mission. Anyone who spends 9 years in 22nd SAS and makes the rank of troop Sergeant is NOT a complete incompetent, despite what many people make out. Go and read Immediate Action if anyone thinks that. He successfully undertook (and led) numerous operations and even after the Gulf War remained on Active Service with 22nd SAS for another 2 years. Apparently the Regiment didn't think he did too bad a job either, otherwise he would have in his words, "been binned". Let's look at the problems they faced. 1. They were moving into a fairly flat (with occasional waddies) desert to conduct surveillance and route denial missions. They chose not to take vehicles (the biggest single mistake in my view). The only maps available were 1:10000 aerial maps!!! The premier Military unit in the world was supplied with aerial maps of the AOR!!! They were insufficiently equipped and they were provided with completely wrong intelligence (they in fact inserted right into the middle of an Iraqi Brigade) and worst of all their radio's were ill-suited to the conditions and they were provided with the wrong frequencies (a Signal Corp responsibility). And despite all this he is then blamed for the operation being ill-conceived. Well that's fine, however this Operation was sent to his Squadron Commander, the RSM, (the very Radcliffe who went on to bag McNab) the Regiment's Operations officer and the Regiment's CO. All of these VERY experienced and high ranking members of 22nd SAS approved this operation. Kinda paints McNab in a somewhat different light doesn't it? Maybe the author of "the real Bravo Two Zero" could have mentioned some of that in his book? However I doubt his intention was to set out to exculpate McNab... Good to see McNab's doing well for himself nowadays though.

JTF-2 HOPE

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
AK-74

BEAUTIFUL! ;)

PS. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. :) (NRA has gun to my head) :D

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Is the top one a Rumanian AK? One of the bottom ones looks like an Egyptian version of the AK

[TR]AHMET

SARSILMAZ

http://www.sarsilmaz.com
http://www.sarsilmaz.com/eng/main.htm ENG

Professýonel
Here it is!

Caliber : 9x19 mm. Parabellum
Overall Length : 230 mm.
Overall Height : 145 mm.
Barrel Length : 130.95 mm.
Grip Width : 34 mm.
Weight : 1230 gr.
Magazine Capacity : 15+1
Number of Pieces : 63 pcs.
Speed (Bullet) : 360 m/sec. (±10 m/sec.)
Minimum Firing Life : 25.000 Rounds
Safety System : Safety Lever, Firing Pin Safety, Hammer Safety
Trigger Pull Weight : 1900 gr.(±500 gr.)
Trigger : Single Action, Adjustable
Rear Sight : Adjustable Rear Sight (maintains two sided movement on X, Y, axis)
Compensator : Barrel Penetrating Control System
Coating : Hard White Chrome
Engrave : Laser
Other : Rubber Grip

:turkey