Scheduled Site Maintenance & Upgrade

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
fixed... please let me know if you see any other errors/issues.

Toblerone

Banned Member
Yes, it seems the certificate expired.

I stored a permanent exception for it but most users would be worried.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Just doing some upgrades and clean up, should be all good now.

thanks

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Just doing some upgrades and clean up in the backend/server, should be all good now.

thanks

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Just a small update on the situation with gallery. The style is broken after an upgrade so we will be switching to different software (for the forum and gallery) probably after July this year. Right now if you visit, it seems like a different website!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
I will be implementing SSL certificate for the website, you might see some errors, etc. For the most part, you should not see any difference, if you see something strange, errors, please let me know.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hey Folks,

The migration to forum software is complete. I will continue to make cosmetic changes and continue the clean up process in coming few days and weeks.

vB3 software was out dated and I had no plans to spend any more time and money on it.
The other issue was that gallery was stagnant with VERY out dated photopost software and NO support at all. Actually, that software developer went kaput. Check out the gallery/pictures section and share your feedback. Everything is much tightly integrated now, looks cleaner and good.

One more major task is left which is moving the site to new server before January 2nd, which will be quick.

Be sure to report any issues to me.

thanks!

t68

Hi Webmaster

Amazing new look for the forum well done to you and the team

so far my only problem is when you click on alerts nothing shows my end and I have also ticked the stay log in button,when I leave the site and return I have to log in again.

Still feeling my way around the new site but so far so good

cheers

t68

Hi Webmaster

I just posted on the F35 board and made a mistake in links and tried to edit my post, how do we do that now?

Also I cant find a Quote button

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Yes, you "start a conversation" to send PMs.

The edit buttons are linked at the bottom of the post and "reply" button in a post will quote the content of the post.

t68

Yes, you "start a conversation" to send PMs.

The edit buttons are linked at the bottom of the post and "reply" button in a post will quote the content of the post.

Sorry for the hassle, but when I use that button it dose not edit the post it just produces a new post, All I see is a post number and reply button no edit post button

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Sorry for the hassle, but when I use that button it dose not edit the post it just produces a new post, All I see is a post number and reply button no edit post button
I made some changes, give it another shot on new post. There is 30 minute limit in which you can edit, after that, posts are not editable.

t68

I made some changes, give it another shot on new post. There is 30 minute limit in which you can edit, after that, posts are not editable.

Sorry same problem, and tried posting the link but didn't come up either now

t68

Thank you for you hard work behind the scenes, some of the little niggly things are on the mend and becoming very user friendly forum :):):D:D

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
The alerts that we are told we have. I have 2 pages of them and they aren't showing in that particular frame within the pages.

ASSAIL

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Thanks for all your hard work Webs, still getting my head around the whole quote scenario bu t us 70 yr olds will finally get there